Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by raton Hi guys, As you know I have switched from a BB ... Apple iPhone forum

PIN/ID
    LESS

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Hi guys,

As you know I have switched from a BB to an iPhone and now I have a bit of a dilemma. I've been experiencing a couple of issues and need to restore in order to fix them. I have a jailbroken 3gs running 3.1.2. Now, I was wondering given that I have never updated my current firmware on my pc for my phone is there a way to restore to 3.1.2 and of course after backing up my device to restore the 3.1.2 firmware and re-jailbreak it? or not? Can you please enlighten me on the matter if you can. Thanks a lot. Don't ask why I need to restore I just know I have to because i've been experiencing memory leaks and crashes like there's no tomorrow. Thanks guys in advance I know you'll come thru with a solution.
    Yeah you can restore to that same firmware. If you need it let me know and I can get it uploaded somewhere for you . Just restore it via iTunes and then restore your backup and re jailbreak it afterwards.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...or the BMB's (Baddies Master Blasters).
    You reading this pdx ?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Yeah you can restore to that same firmware. If you need it let me know and I can get it uploaded somewhere for you . Just restore it via iTunes and then restore your backup and re jailbreak it afterwards.
    Finally, a solid reply. Hey, I haven't updated my firmware on my pc at all however i did get the latest itunes. I've loaded tons of apps through it already but my phone's been crashing consistently for the past two weeks. Anyways, are you %100 sure that it'll work? I mean, would I be able to re-jailbreak it after restoring? I don't wanna lose my pawned/hacked/free/snatched/borrowed aka STOLEN apps lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    If you didnt save your SHSH hash your pretty much SOL, you can however upgrade to 3.1.3 jailbroken if your 3GS is an old bootrom version using either sn0wbreeze or pwnageTool.
    Always make sure you have a copy of your SHSH hash saved so you can go back to the firmware you want to go to, Even if you have a custom firmware your still going to end up with this device isnt eligible for this firmware build. With or without setting up a local server, if Apple isnt signing it you aint going back to it unless you saved it while they where. I think they stopped signing 3.1.2 on 2-4-10.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    If you didnt save your SHSH hash your pretty much SOL, you can however upgrade to 3.1.3 jailbroken if your 3GS is an old bootrom version using either sn0wbreeze or pwnageTool.
    Always make sure you have a copy of your SHSH hash saved so you can go back to the firmware you want to go to, Even if you have a custom firmware your still going to end up with this device isnt eligible for this firmware build. With or without setting up a local server, if Apple isnt signing it you aint going back to it unless you saved it while they where. I think they stopped signing 3.1.2 on 2-4-10.
    How do I find what bootrom I have and what in the WWF is a sshsh? And Also where can I find this? Please help! I'm about to restore once i get home. That "other" category has taken posession of my space. I can't get any emails/texts can't send anything out This sucks!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    When you go into Cydia, on the home page does it say "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS 3.12"? When you first downloaded cydia it would ask you to make my life easier and if you said yes, then it saved it for you.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Go to settings/general/about it will tell you what modem firmware you have.

If you want to keep your 7gb's of apps, then you need to get rid of some of your music, videos, photos, ringtones. Videos take a lot of space. Did you recently dl an app that could be causing this?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    my modem firmware says I have 05.11.07...does this ring any bells?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    eh..I'm restoring...It is what it is. We'll see what happens. If all else fails I'll just sell this shenanigan and go back to BB lol

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    my modem firmware says I have 05.11.07...does this ring any bells?
    That's what mine says. Did you restore? Good Luck!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Was your jailbreak tethered? if it was then you have the newest bootloader if you could restart whenever you wanted you have the old bootloader.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I have no idea if it was tethered or not.

Quick question: how big is the OS supposed to be in the "other" category or tab in the capacity summary? Mine reads 1.54...Is this accurate. I think I fixed it but I just wanna double check with you guys. Can you please let me know? It used to say 7 gigs before. I re-jailbroke it and restored to a back up I had. I was about to hit restore and once I hit it prompted restore and update? I was like umm hell no fool! lol.

If you are looking at it through iTunes. It's showing you how much memory you are using for each cartegory on you phone. If it was 7GB in other and you unchecked some apps, then you would show less memory used in other. So lower number is less memory used. Make sense?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^Yup! Hey Deb, I'm typing this from my phone using logmein

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast