Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gizmodo.com : Seriously. Forget copy and paste , forget Bluetooth file transfer , and forget ... Apple iPhone forum

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hungry: Pizza Calculator Is Probably the Most Useful iPhone App Yet

Advertisement

Gizmodo.com
    : Seriously. Forget copy and paste, forget Bluetooth file transfer, and forget Yelp. The Pizza Calculator is the iPhone killer application, and a must for Giz's Pizza bingos. Come on people, this is just beautiful. If you have ordered pizza for many people, you would love this:
    • Input the ingredients for person 1 from a list of over 25 toppings.
    • Add another person and repeat until you are done.
    • Click on calculate.
    • Select how much pizza each person wants to eat (just to keep things on the safe side—specially with Gizmodo readers in Gizmodo Gallery parties—add two extra slices per person).

Done. The Pizza Calculator will optimize the ingredients and pizza combinations and give you an ordering list so everyone is satisfied and there are no leftovers (although cold leftovers with Coke the next morning make for a Breakfast of the Champions). [The Pizza Calculator]

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    does it make it too?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^Lmao!!

If it did, I might be considering an iPhone right about now.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another silly app. I am really impressed with Urbanspoon app. You input a location,how much money you want to spend, and type of food your interested in and then shake the iphone a couple of times and it gives you the name of the closest restaurant with your choices you selected.

modjo345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Whats the point of all these apps? Waste of time if you ask me.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post

Gizmodo.com: Seriously. Forget copy and paste, forget Bluetooth file transfer, and forget Yelp. The Pizza Calculator is the iPhone killer application, and a must for Giz's Pizza bingos. Come on people, this is just beautiful. If you have ordered pizza for many people, you would love this:
    • Input the ingredients for person 1 from a list of over 25 toppings.
    • Add another person and repeat until you are done.
    • Click on calculate.
    • Select how much pizza each person wants to eat (just to keep things on the safe side—specially with Gizmodo readers in Gizmodo Gallery parties—add two extra slices per person).

Done. The Pizza Calculator will optimize the ingredients and pizza combinations and give you an ordering list so everyone is satisfied and there are no leftovers (although cold leftovers with Coke the next morning make for a Breakfast of the Champions). [The Pizza Calculator]
    About as useful as the 143 Fart Apps for iPhone! How hard is it to figure out.... 4 slices per person x # of people? Sheesh.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    haha i love this app !! Just downloaded it on my iPod Touch hahaa !

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by modjo345 View Post
    Whats the point of all these apps? Waste of time if you ask me.
    do you have an iphone?

funny how people are saying this, yet all the other companies are trying to clone the iphone. get a clue. the blackberry app selection sucks.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    do you have an iphone?

funny how people are saying this, yet all the other companies are trying to clone the iphone. get a clue. the blackberry app selection sucks.
    How many apps does one need to have a fully functional PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS device?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

hmm maybe some apps weren't made for business people. Maybe, just maybe. Also if that's the case you better trash your bb too 'cause the app store full of useless crap is coming for it. I've had a bb for 4 years man. This iPhone rocks all of them in every way.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    I dunno. A millions in R&D. Millions more in marketing and materials. The best they could come up with is a pizza calculator and a fart machine. These are same guys who bought 600.00 hammers for the military in the 80's huh?
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    I dunno. A millions in R&D. Millions more in marketing and materials. The best they could come up with is a pizza calculator and a fart machine. These are same guys who bought 600.00 hammers for the military in the 80's huh?
    This app wasn't made by apple so I don't get why the "useless" blame is being put on them. The millions on r&d and ads has led to the most dominating and groundbreaking mobile phone in history. The fact that these useless app exists is in itself a testament to the iPhone's power to inspire and what not. Oh, and mind you I have more useful apps on my iPhone that I've ever had on my 4 years with blackberry. I can name them if you all wish.

Don't be biased against what you don't have or do not understand.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    This app wasn't made by apple so I don't get why the "useless" blame is being put on them. The millions on r&d and ads has led to the most dominating and groundbreaking mobile phone in history. The fact that these useless app exists is in itself a testament to the iPhone's power to inspire and what not. Oh, and mind you I have more useful apps on my iPhone that I've ever had on my 4 years with blackberry. I can name them if you all wish.

Don't be biased against what you don't have or do not understand.
    What I don't have? What I don't understand? Huh?

The iPhone could have been so much more. However, try as I may, I canmot see my way to buying a device just because I will then be able to purchase 20,000 apps, of which I may find 5 useful.

To date I haven't seen a single advertisement from iPhone that would convince me to purchase one.

As for useless apps, they even exist for the Blackberry, sadly enough.

However, I do think most people here understand.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree that there are many more useless apps than there are useful ones but that being said, I am an iphone user. I did not get the phone for the apps though. I got it because I found the browser much more robust than that on my curve and I liked the way the email appeared as well. I am not on a BES anymore and did not need the corporate use since my company was going big brother on those of us that had our personal BB's hooked into the company BES. Personally I think that if you are a corporate user that the BB beats the iphone but if you are a personal user then it is a toss up as to which device suits your needs and desires more. On AT&T they cost the same to operate and the cost of a Bold and iphone are identical as well.

But back to the original issue...yes, there are a bunch of seemingly useless apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    What I don't have? What I don't understand? Huh?

The iPhone could have been so much more. However, try as I may, I canmot see my way to buying a device just because I will then be able to purchase 20,000 apps, of which I may find 5 useful.

To date I haven't seen a single advertisement from iPhone that would convince me to purchase one.

As for useless apps, they even exist for the Blackberry, sadly enough.

However, I do think most people here understand.
    So they do exist! What's the deal with people hating on the iPhone then if There are useless apps on both sides? I'm in the medical field and the app I have on this thing wouldn't even fit in the bb curve memory I used to have. To top it off, the "expandable memory" that went all the way up to 16gb couldn't even be used to install apps on! How's that for useless? Use up over 75% of the memory on the bb and it will run like crap, cycle reboot, etc. I'm sure the alt+LGLG, constant battery pulls, and constant memory and message cleaning isn't a big deal for most, but why's it a deal in the first place? I don't miss my bb. Period. I truly loved it, but the same with women, there are your first loves and then there is the one you love enough to spend your life with that makes you forget and not miss your past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast