Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Gizmodo.com : Seriously. Forget copy and paste , forget Bluetooth file transfer , and forget ... Apple iPhone forum

  1. #1
    Lavagirl's Avatar
    Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Posts
    10,877

    Hungry: Pizza Calculator Is Probably the Most Useful iPhone App Yet

    Advertisement






    Gizmodo.com
    : Seriously. Forget copy and paste, forget Bluetooth file transfer, and forget Yelp. The Pizza Calculator is the iPhone killer application, and a must for Giz's Pizza bingos. Come on people, this is just beautiful. If you have ordered pizza for many people, you would love this:
    • Input the ingredients for person 1 from a list of over 25 toppings.
    • Add another person and repeat until you are done.
    • Click on calculate.
    • Select how much pizza each person wants to eat (just to keep things on the safe side—specially with Gizmodo readers in Gizmodo Gallery parties—add two extra slices per person).

    Done. The Pizza Calculator will optimize the ingredients and pizza combinations and give you an ordering list so everyone is satisfied and there are no leftovers (although cold leftovers with Coke the next morning make for a Breakfast of the Champions). [The Pizza Calculator]

  2. #2
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    does it make it too?
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  3. #3
    Lavagirl's Avatar
    Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Posts
    10,877
    ^^Lmao!!

    If it did, I might be considering an iPhone right about now.

  4. #4
    jpl572103's Avatar
    jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    251
    Another silly app. I am really impressed with Urbanspoon app. You input a location,how much money you want to spend, and type of food your interested in and then shake the iphone a couple of times and it gives you the name of the closest restaurant with your choices you selected.

  5. #5
    modjo345's Avatar
    modjo345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    Whats the point of all these apps? Waste of time if you ask me.

  6. #6
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post

    Gizmodo.com: Seriously. Forget copy and paste, forget Bluetooth file transfer, and forget Yelp. The Pizza Calculator is the iPhone killer application, and a must for Giz's Pizza bingos. Come on people, this is just beautiful. If you have ordered pizza for many people, you would love this:
    • Input the ingredients for person 1 from a list of over 25 toppings.
    • Add another person and repeat until you are done.
    • Click on calculate.
    • Select how much pizza each person wants to eat (just to keep things on the safe side—specially with Gizmodo readers in Gizmodo Gallery parties—add two extra slices per person).

    Done. The Pizza Calculator will optimize the ingredients and pizza combinations and give you an ordering list so everyone is satisfied and there are no leftovers (although cold leftovers with Coke the next morning make for a Breakfast of the Champions). [The Pizza Calculator]
    About as useful as the 143 Fart Apps for iPhone! How hard is it to figure out.... 4 slices per person x # of people? Sheesh.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    haha i love this app !! Just downloaded it on my iPod Touch hahaa !

  8. #8
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by modjo345 View Post
    Whats the point of all these apps? Waste of time if you ask me.
    do you have an iphone?

    funny how people are saying this, yet all the other companies are trying to clone the iphone. get a clue. the blackberry app selection sucks.

  9. #9
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    do you have an iphone?

    funny how people are saying this, yet all the other companies are trying to clone the iphone. get a clue. the blackberry app selection sucks.
    How many apps does one need to have a fully functional PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS device?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  10. #10
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    hmm maybe some apps weren't made for business people. Maybe, just maybe. Also if that's the case you better trash your bb too 'cause the app store full of useless crap is coming for it. I've had a bb for 4 years man. This iPhone rocks all of them in every way.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  11. #11
    boomermarkovich's Avatar
    boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    476
    I dunno. A millions in R&D. Millions more in marketing and materials. The best they could come up with is a pizza calculator and a fart machine. These are same guys who bought 600.00 hammers for the military in the 80's huh?
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard



  12. #12
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    I dunno. A millions in R&D. Millions more in marketing and materials. The best they could come up with is a pizza calculator and a fart machine. These are same guys who bought 600.00 hammers for the military in the 80's huh?
    This app wasn't made by apple so I don't get why the "useless" blame is being put on them. The millions on r&d and ads has led to the most dominating and groundbreaking mobile phone in history. The fact that these useless app exists is in itself a testament to the iPhone's power to inspire and what not. Oh, and mind you I have more useful apps on my iPhone that I've ever had on my 4 years with blackberry. I can name them if you all wish.

    Don't be biased against what you don't have or do not understand.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  13. #13
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    This app wasn't made by apple so I don't get why the "useless" blame is being put on them. The millions on r&d and ads has led to the most dominating and groundbreaking mobile phone in history. The fact that these useless app exists is in itself a testament to the iPhone's power to inspire and what not. Oh, and mind you I have more useful apps on my iPhone that I've ever had on my 4 years with blackberry. I can name them if you all wish.

    Don't be biased against what you don't have or do not understand.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    What I don't have? What I don't understand? Huh?

    The iPhone could have been so much more. However, try as I may, I canmot see my way to buying a device just because I will then be able to purchase 20,000 apps, of which I may find 5 useful.

    To date I haven't seen a single advertisement from iPhone that would convince me to purchase one.

    As for useless apps, they even exist for the Blackberry, sadly enough.

    However, I do think most people here understand.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  14. #14
    TheRiddler's Avatar
    TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,450
    I agree that there are many more useless apps than there are useful ones but that being said, I am an iphone user. I did not get the phone for the apps though. I got it because I found the browser much more robust than that on my curve and I liked the way the email appeared as well. I am not on a BES anymore and did not need the corporate use since my company was going big brother on those of us that had our personal BB's hooked into the company BES. Personally I think that if you are a corporate user that the BB beats the iphone but if you are a personal user then it is a toss up as to which device suits your needs and desires more. On AT&T they cost the same to operate and the cost of a Bold and iphone are identical as well.

    But back to the original issue...yes, there are a bunch of seemingly useless apps.

  15. #15
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    What I don't have? What I don't understand? Huh?

    The iPhone could have been so much more. However, try as I may, I canmot see my way to buying a device just because I will then be able to purchase 20,000 apps, of which I may find 5 useful.

    To date I haven't seen a single advertisement from iPhone that would convince me to purchase one.

    As for useless apps, they even exist for the Blackberry, sadly enough.

    However, I do think most people here understand.
    So they do exist! What's the deal with people hating on the iPhone then if There are useless apps on both sides? I'm in the medical field and the app I have on this thing wouldn't even fit in the bb curve memory I used to have. To top it off, the "expandable memory" that went all the way up to 16gb couldn't even be used to install apps on! How's that for useless? Use up over 75% of the memory on the bb and it will run like crap, cycle reboot, etc. I'm sure the alt+LGLG, constant battery pulls, and constant memory and message cleaning isn't a big deal for most, but why's it a deal in the first place? I don't miss my bb. Period. I truly loved it, but the same with women, there are your first loves and then there is the one you love enough to spend your life with that makes you forget and not miss your past.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •