Many Stackers may already know I'm tired of hearing about the lack of Flash on ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

HTML5 Animation examples

Many Stackers may already know I'm tired of hearing about the lack of Flash on mobile devices. I've always tried to explain we are not missing anything and Flash is great but it's a resource and battery hog among other things (security) for mobile devices.

So i went in search of some HTML5 luv to show some of it's potential. While we fight for Flash I think it's also important we fight for something even better than Flash. Something that does not suck our resources and battery dry and something that maintains security while being used on a mobile phone.

Samples of HTML5:

Sample 0
    Sample 1
    Sample 2
    Sample 3
    Sample 4
    Sample 5
    Sample 6
    Sample 7
    Sample 8
    Sample 9

I think we will be JUST fine without Flash as long as people push the envelop with HTML5. We should be requesting developer push and deliver the best for our mobile experience and not just follow what others have always done.

More about Flash:

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is a good read for anyone interested in Flash and HTML5.

http://bit.ly/9FkuSL

It's a long read but interesting.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Thanks for all the extra work. I was going to go look for some examples so I would know what all the noise is about. Now I don't have to. Thanks

PIN/ID
    Retired

Flash On Nexus 1

Here is a Demo of Flash 10.1 being tested on the Nexus 1 phone. Seems there is some work to still be done.

PIN/ID
    Retired

PIN/ID
    Retired
    This is kind of my own HTML5 Thread it seems but I'm enjoying it still the same.

More HTML5 love is being shown by Microsoft and it's new IE9 Browser.

Link

Some day maybe others will agree with me that it's hear to stay and Flash is old technology.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Hey I may not be posting but I'm reading. I just don't know enough to comment. Thanks for the extra work.

tapviet no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks!
    Can you post you code ( Sample 0 ... Sample 9)

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is another example of HTML5 in the form of the game Asteroids

bhnh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know I'm writing this several months shy of two years after the original post, but in a way that just reinforces my observation. I tried running a few of the examples in IE and, no surprise, they didn't work. Ran them in Chrome and they did work. Interestingly, when I tried Firefox (v8) fewer than half of them worked. In samples 3 and 4, no drop shadows; in sample 5, the animation didn't play; in samples 8 and 9, the pages loaded but the mouse interactions didn't work. I'm assuming that the function failure is due, at least in part, to the face that Firefox isn't wedkit built.

I agree completely that expanding technologies require expanding tools. But I'm getting really tired of being oversold on HTML5/CSS3/Javascript. What's even more annoying is having clients oversold on it. H/C/J is a work in progress, people. As of now, late November 2011, it's still a wise idea to be checking weekly for CSS3 changes on W3C. I'm genuinely baffled by how over-emotionally vitriolic some people get concerning Flash... on my Droid I tried to view this very page and was redirected to a page called FlashSucks.com; well, that's a nice civilized, mature name for a site, isn't it?

LinkBacks (?)