I have brought a new mac and would like to sync my iPhone content with ... Apple iPhone forum

yiyi001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to sync iPhone contents to new Mac

Advertisement

I have brought a new mac and would like to sync my iPhone content with the new mac (i.e. contact, calendar, apps and etc..) As the the first sync will erase all contents from my iPhone, is there any way to avoid it. If the iPhone backup has been performed on the old PC, can I restore all the content from the backup if the content was erased during sync with the new mac. Please advise.

sinsan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.
    Besides there is a step by step instruction on how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac.
    Hope it can do you a favor.
    Last edited by sinsan; 04-07-2011 at 03:13 AM.

JokeWang no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello, this is my recent experience.

To Sync iPhone With New Mac

1- Quit iTunes on both Macs
    2- Disconnect your iPhone from both Macs
    3- Open the Home folder

4- Copy iTunes directory from the old computer to the new one
    Located at:
    ~/Music/iTunes
    5- Open user library directory and copy the backups from the old computer to the new one
    Located at:
    ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/

6- Also copy over iTunes Preferences files

Located at:
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist
    7- Launch iTunes in the new Mac up
    8- Authorize your Mac to Apple Server
    9- Connect your iPhone and sync as usual

If you still confused with the steps above, you can still try other app to solve your problem, here is the article: http://www.vibosoft.com/ios/transfer...ne-to-mac.html
    Last edited by JokeWang; 07-28-2013 at 10:57 PM.

rondydeke no está en línea Stack level 1
    New mac, and my iPhone wanted to erase everything. Asked around for a while and as there was no solution, I sucked it up and got ready to erase everything. So I backed it up, transferred all of the apps and the purchased songs and I pressed erase and sync. All that I lost was the songs that i didn't have in my iTunes library. I will eventually put them back on from my other computer but the main point is, as long as everything thats on the iPhone is in the iTunes library, you won't lose anything.

http://www.iphone-mac.com/transfer-i...es-to-mac.html

Keep in mind that i actually just did this today.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by rondydeke; 12-20-2013 at 02:06 AM.