Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chokem
  • 1 Post By Yocihope

Hi guys, i have a emergent problem for my iphone 4. My old computer crashed. ... Apple iPhone forum

yiyi001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to sync iPhone 4 to a new computer

Advertisement

Hi guys, i have a emergent problem for my iphone 4.
    My old computer crashed. I now need to sync my iphone to a new computer. How can I do this when the iphone is only made to sync to one computer? help please!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is your device jailbroken? If not, I believe all you need to do is make sure you have iTunes installed on the new computer and also make sure you have your current iOS downloaded to your computer. Depending on the iOS on your device, iTunes may prompt you to update the iOS.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Roger is correct. Just DL iTunes on the new PC, and log in. All your stuff will still be there in your various libraries. If you're jailbroken DO NOT let iTunes install or upgrade your iOS, you'll lose your jailbreak. Just let it back up and sync if you think it's necessary.
    lak611 likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sallyya90 no está en línea Stack level 1
    First you need to authorize your PC with your iTunes account with iTunes if you haven't already done so. With your iPhone connected to iTunes and without syncing, at the iTunes menu bar go to File and select Transfer Purchases From - the name of your iPhone.
    Besides what mentioned above, i like to share you a article about How to transfer or sync iPhone to new computer, which included transferring iPhone contents to computer/iTunes.
    Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!
    Last edited by sallyya90; 09-28-2011 at 10:14 AM.

taylorbeller no está en línea Stack level 1
    As I said, your phone will get erased when you connect to another computer, and iTunes will replace the content of the phone with the content of the new iTunes library. There's no way around that.
    And syncing music is one way only, from your computer to your device, unless you got your music from iTunes and transferred it with your purchases.
    If you are Mac user, try to refer this tutorial about How to transfer or sync contents from iPhone to Mac.

:Good Sharing about www.iphone-mac.com
    Last edited by taylorbeller; 02-22-2012 at 04:37 AM.

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional
    Also, make sure in iTunes, you authorize the new computer...
    :) iNurse :)

appypaddy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected - Ensures that iTunes launches and syncs the phone when you connect it. Consider unchecking this if you connect your iPhone to multiple computers or play your music through other computers.

Yocihope no está en línea Stack level 1
    itunes has blocked this function since itunes is the tool with one way to transfer files from itune to iphone. So clearly auto sync with new computer will erase iphone contents those not purchased from itunes store.
    To solve this problem you still need the Apple app to accomplish this progress. Just download and install iTunes & the iCloud control app on your machine again, then log in with your Apple ID and it should now recognize your mac as a new machine and attach it with this Apple ID. After finishing these simple step now you can sync your iPhone!
    Or you can use other tools to achieve that. Just google your question and find articles or tools such as iPhone to Computer Transfer that may be of great help
    FYI: How to sync iPhone 4 to a new computer
    How to sync iPhone 4 to a new Mac
    Last edited by Yocihope; 03-27-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    jfcooley likes this.

HanllyJimes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Content you've purchased or installed for free from the App Store and iTunes on your iPhone might not be transferred automatically to the iTunes library on your computer. To make sure all of your media and apps are properly backed up, you can transfer purchases manually before backing up and syncing your iPhone. To transfer purchases to your computer follow these steps:

Take voice memos as an example: How to transfer/save voice memos from iPhone to computer or to iTunes library

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
    2. Make sure that iTunes is authorized and you are logged into your account. From the top menu choose Store -> Sign In. To authorize the computer for use with your account select Store -> Authorize This Computer.
    3. From the left menu under DEVICES right-click on the name of your iPhone (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) to display the shortcut menu.
    4. Choose the Transfer Purchases from iPhone option.
    Last edited by HanllyJimes; 07-28-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Links removed

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HanllyJimes View Post
    Content you've purchased or installed for free from the App Store and iTunes on your iPhone might not be transferred automatically to the iTunes library on your computer. To make sure all of your media and apps are properly backed up, you can transfer purchases manually before backing up and syncing your iPhone. To transfer purchases to your computer follow these steps:

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
    2. Make sure that iTunes is authorized and you are logged into your account. From the top menu choose Store -> Sign In. To authorize the computer for use with your account select Store -> Authorize This Computer.
    3. From the left menu under DEVICES right-click on the name of your iPhone (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) to display the shortcut menu.
    4. Choose the Transfer Purchases from iPhone option.
    I've approved this post. Thanks for the tips.

I removed the links, though. Please familiarize yourself with our Forum Rules and Guidelines for an explanation.

JokeWang no está en línea Stack level 1
    Are you afraid of losing the data on the phone if you sync it to itunes? the answer is *drum roll* yes. Since its a one way syncing. waht you need to do is to transfer the purchased items you have on your phone to be added on the iTunes library and sync them back to the phone.