Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By RogerG
  • 2 Post By Mark Stone
  • 1 Post By chokem
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By lak611
  • 1 Post By lak611

With thanks to chokem , I thought I'd post this info up as I'm sure ... Apple iPhone forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

HOW TO: Install BlackBerry (and other mp3) Ringtones on your iPhone

Advertisement

With thanks to chokem, I thought I'd post this info up as I'm sure others are interested in doing something similar (as I was!).

Here are step-by-step instructions for getting your favorite BlackBerry (and other) ringtones on your iPhone:
    1. Place all your ringtones into a folder on your PC/laptop (make it easy to navigate to).
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. In the upper left corner, click on File>Add Folder to Library. Navigate to the folder in which you put your mp3s, highlight and click Open.
    4. All the ringtones will be imported into iTunes.
    5. Locate each individual ringtone, right-click on it and select Create AAC Version. This will create another version of the mp3 in m4a format right underneath the mp3 version. You can go ahead and delete the first one at this point.
    6. Once you've completed that for each ringtone, create another folder somewhere easy to remember. I called mine Ringtones.
    7. Right-click on each converted ringtone in iTunes and select Show in Windows Explorer.
    8. Drag the ringtone from iTunes into your new Ringtones folder, then delete the ringtone from iTunes.
    9. Once you have all your converted ringtones in the new Ringtones folder, you'll need to change the file type from m4a to m4r. You might need to enable the display of showing a file's extention. You can do this by going into Folder Options>View and uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types."
    10. Right-click on each ringtone in your Ringtones folder and select "Rename." Replace the m4a (or mp3) file type at the end with m4r and return. Do this for each ringtone.
    11. Once all your ringtones are converted to m4r, go into iTunes, click on File in the upper left, then select Add Folder to Library. Navigate to your ringtones folder and import that into iTunes.
    12. The ringtones will now be in your "Tones" tab under Library.
    13. From here, connect your device to your PC/laptop. If you already have a Tones section for your device, you can drag and drop the ringtones from the Library into the Tones folder on your device.
    14. If there is no Tones folder under your device, select the Tones folder under Library, check "Sync Ringtones>All Ringtones" and press "Sync" at the bottom right.
    15. I didn't have this issue, but sometimes the ringtones will end up in different folders other than the Tones folder. Either way, you'll be able to see these on your device now when you go into Sounds in Settings.
    Thanks, Glenn for helping me do this. If I missed anything, please let me know!

Enjoy!
    lak611 and pjwbur like this.

I NEVER thought I'd see an article like this on PinStack! Stackers moving BlackBerry Ringtones to Eye Phones??!? Times have indeed changed!! LOL
    dushdavj and iNurse like this.

PunkinPistolero no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3163BA7F
    <~~~ Thinks this a great article!!!
    Great people show thier greatness by the way they treat little people...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I NEVER thought I'd see an article like this on PinStack! Stackers moving BlackBerry Ringtones to Eye Phones??!? Times have indeed changed!! LOL
    I know, right?!

Seriously, some things you just can't leave behind.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Excellent job Rog. You made it more clear and concise than my email to you. It looks hard folks, but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.
    iNurse likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Yeah, I'm sure there are easier ways to accomplish this, but for doing a couple at a time, it's a piece of cake. I did like 30 at once and it was a little time-consuming, but worth it.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I know, right?!

Pretty soon I will need a similar article about how to move Blackberry ringtones to Windows Phone.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Baggz345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What about ringback tones? Anybody has an idea how this works and if I can get it to work on my gf's iPhone (I have an Android and thank God I don't need any ringbacktone anyway)? It'd be for business purpose as opposed to annoying tunes...

Quote Originally Posted by Baggz345 View Post
    What about ringback tones? Anybody has an idea how this works and if I can get it to work on my gf's iPhone (I have an Android and thank God I don't need any ringbacktone anyway)? It'd be for business purpose as opposed to annoying tunes...
    Found this article which might be helpful.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/ringb...or-iphone.html
    lak611 likes this.

Baggz345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks! The problem is, all they talk about is Verizon, Sprint and AT&T - all of which don't provide customized ringback tones, as long as I know.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Found this article which might be helpful.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/ringb...or-iphone.html
    I've used a ringback tone from AT&T for my mom. I originally got it when I used a Nokia E71. I've been using it with a BlackBerry 9000, BlackBerry 9700, and now a Nokia Lumia 900. All I've needed to do is renew my ringback tone subscription once a year.
    RogerG likes this.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggz345 View Post
    Thanks! The problem is, all they talk about is Verizon, Sprint and AT&T - all of which don't provide customized ringback tones, as long as I know.
    It is not possible to customize ringback tones with AT&T. You have to purchase them from AT&T's catalog. I do not know about other carriers, since I've always had Cingular/AT&T.
    RogerG likes this.
    Laura

yodie0214 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP!!!

I have tried to do the above steps but my PC is running Windows Vista and the options simply aren't the same. Any help you can offer?

Thanks in advance!

I know, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by yodie0214 View Post
    I have tried to do the above steps but my PC is running Windows Vista and the options simply aren't the same. Any help you can offer?

Thanks in advance!
    Your version of Windows shouldn't matter, but the version of iTunes might. I haven't tried this with the newest iTunes and I'm not on an iPhone anymore, so not sure if I can be much help.

Yodie I think the best option to make it work is to lose Vista and upgrade to a newer OS or a new PC. iTunes, like most other programs, update with the newer OS's from Windows and compatibility may be a problem. People aren't coding for Vista any more lol. So to get anything done, best to use a modern os and a modern app rather than trying to get something to work on Vista.