Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm glad you made the plunge Roger but I'm sorry things aren't perfect for you ... Apple iPhone forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Advertisement

I'm glad you made the plunge Roger but I'm sorry things aren't perfect for you so far. We all know about the service issue but I haven't heard of the call volume issue.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Two gripes so far.....the dreaded service issue depending on how you hold the phone and can barely hear a caller during a phone call.
    I've tried many cases but I don't use one now because nothing feels as good as the bare iPhone 4. If you go to staples they have a body protector kit that covers the sides. That should take care of any issues you are experiencing. I also use the back protector from this kit and a SGP Crystal on the front.

As far as not being able to hear while on the phone. That might just be due to you needing to adjust how you're holding next to your ear. Your coming from a BB so the speaker is in a different location when your talking on it. I know it sounds wierd but try moving the phone up or down while you're on a call and see if that helps.

Welcome aboard Roger

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm getting a case to demo and do a write up on, so hopefully that'll take care of that.

I've tried moving the phone up and down while on a call but still no luck.....I furiously pressed the volume keys as well. I'll use it over the weekend and see how things go. Generally use a bluetooth headset anyway, but still, would be nice to know I could rely on the speaker.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    That's strange Rog, I've had two as you kmow, used both of them with and without cases and never had a single issue. I'm right on the border between EDGE and 3G, and this i4 is the only device I've had that picks up 3G. Sorry you're having problems, just holler if I can help.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Let us know what OS version you're running Roger so that we may assist you with the jailbreaking. You'll appreciate the device much better and it'll grow on you a lot faster than expected. When I had the phone stock I was like man, WTF is this? I was even tempted to return the device after one week. No lie! But after talking to friends like pdxmats back when she was sporting one I was in awe as to how much the device did and does now. Again, let us know if we can be of service and this goes out to you too Del .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

4.3.3 C.....gonna get used to it a little before I jailbreak. My neighbor gave me a case to use until my Seidio arrives. Tried making a call on it with the case on and sound was good. Weird. Am I just gonna have to live with the reception thing or should I request a new one?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I don't have any reception issues. I live in a blanket of AT&T though. Verizon is the same here. If you're in a week area you may notice a little drop.

The only time I ever have signal issues is in my in-laws basement. It's likes bomb selter down there. If you think you're having more issues than you should be, take it to apple. They'll swap it out for ya.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yup, swap it bro. They'll swap it without any hassle. I've swapped a couple of mine in the past because the first one had the yellow coloring due to the glue-like stuff they used to tighten the phone. The other because I just felt like getting a new one after 6 months. Other than that, no issues with the phone. Location seems to be a huge factor with phones nowadays sorta like real estate

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I swapped my first i4 because of the proximity sensor issue....and the new one did the same thing...so idk...I just dealt with it. Verizon one seems fine with that issue.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Yup, swap it bro. They'll swap it without any hassle. I've swapped a couple of mine in the past because the first one had the yellow coloring due to the glue-like stuff they used to tighten the phone. The other because I just felt like getting a new one after 6 months. Other than that, no issues with the phone. Location seems to be a huge factor with phones nowadays sorta like real estate

Didn't you have some BB's stolen???

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ Nawt I, mun.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thinking about going from a BB9700 over to a iPhone4 or Droid thing since it appears that Blackberry is loosing market share/resources. Roger, how do you like your iPhone thus far? My other reason for wanting to switch is to be able to have a dual-sim card adaptor so when I travel I just need to have 1 device and not 2 - thus the reason why I was reading up on jailbreakinG!

If you were a BB user for as long as I was, it'll take a little getting used to it, but I'm liking it. It helped that I had the Torch right before to get used to having a touch screen device. Never thought I'd have a full touch screen device, but now I don't think I'd know what to do with a physical keyboard!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Just wait Roger, when you buy your first android device.....like this tbolt...screen is insane huge compared to i4....i4 actually seems small in comparison lol It's so nice to have a large screen
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    So if the screen size is an option which Droid phone one would buy?
    I am ready to jump over to an iPhone4, Jailbreak and and run 2 sim cards so I can travel with just 1 phone.
    The nice thing about the BB is that an intl. email plan is $20/month while my friends who travel with the I4 get hammered with data charges!
    Can one do wifi calls with the i4?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast