View Poll Results: How Often Does Your iPhone Crash?

Voters
23. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Once a Week

1 4.35%
  • Several Times A Month

1 4.35%
  • Never Crashes

9 39.13%
  • (Jailbroken) Once A Week

2 8.70%
  • (Jailbroken) Several Times A Week

0 0%
  • (Jailbroken) Never Crashes

3 13.04%
  • I'm A Battery Puller, What's An iPhone?

7 30.43%

I'm interested in knowing how often your iPhone crashes. Being Jailbroken could have an impact ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Question How Often does your iPhone Crash (Poll)

Advertisement

I'm interested in knowing how often your iPhone crashes. Being Jailbroken could have an impact so I added categories specific to a Jailbroken iPhone.

My new 3GS has not crashed yet since launch day.
    My 3G has only a couple of time during the last year. It crashed after trying to launch a newly installed App. It was NOT Jailbroken at that time.

Since Jailbreaking my 3G. It has crashed one time. It crashed and burned where I had to restore and start over and re-Jailbreak it.

Just curious how oftens others have their iPhone crash?

ps. Blackberry peeps don't taint the poll please......
    yeah we are video taping your BB with our new video camera like that commercial. (Lol)
    Public Poll
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I never had a crash while not jailbroken and I had it like that for a few months. Since jailbreaking I probably average a bit less than 1 crash a week and it's always a 3rd party non-supported app that causes it.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I couldn't help myself. You put an option in there for me so I had to vote.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Could you clarify crash for me. I've had mine freeze up to the point I had to shut it down and restart.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Could you clarify crash for me. I've had mine freeze up to the point I had to shut it down and restart.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    That would be a type of crash for me. I'm not sure what the OP is looking for but the phone either restarts itself or has to be restarted to work right again, then it crashed. There are 'app crashes' where the app just randomly closes on you and you're dumped back to the springboard, but I wasn't including those.

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I couldn't help myself. You put an option in there for me so I had to vote.
    hehe. yeah. me too.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Crash!

My iPhone 3GS has not crashed so far and I've had it since launch day. It use to amuse me in the early days when I switched over from a BB to the first generation iPhone, and BB users would somehow forget all the times you had to pull that battery out of the back, wait 10 seconds, and fire it back up..... all the time claiming how stable the RIM OS was for Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe View Post
    My iPhone 3GS has not crashed so far and I've had it since launch day. It use to amuse me in the early days when I switched over from a BB to the first generation iPhone, and BB users would somehow forget all the times you had to pull that battery out of the back, wait 10 seconds, and fire it back up..... all the time claiming how stable the RIM OS was for Blackberry.
    The biggest problem I had w/ my Pearl was the times when I had to pull the battery, it took forever for the phone to reboot again. A phone shouldn't take longer to start up then a full blown computer, but that's what happened.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Only 9 iPhone users? Ahh there must be more.

Bump

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe View Post
    Lol yeah! I dont know how many times I had to bring that issue up when people would tell me that BB are SOO reliable.
    A pull a day keeps the bugs away! Lol, yeah real reliable and then the minute or two long boot process when you restarted GREAT

Dont get me wrong I still love BB's but they are not the greatest phones ever like all the diehards will try and tell you, I should know I used to be one :d. Just a recreational user now, lol once a crackberry addict always an addict.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.