Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly?... Apple iPhone forum

jettyzzy no está en línea Stack level 1

How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directl

Advertisement

How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to PinStack!

Here's what I did:
    1. Open iTunes.
    2. Find the song (audio file) that you want to make into a ringtone.
    3. Decide the part of the song you'd like to use as your ringtone and make a note of the start and stop times of the song.
    4. Right-click the song and select Get Info and click the Options tab.
    5. Type in the start time of your ringtone in the Start Time text box in the minutes:seconds format. (ex. 3:41)
    6. Type in the end time of your ringtone inthe Stop Time text box. (Make sure the ringtone is no more than 30 to 40 seconds)
    7. Click OK. then Right-click the song again and select Convert Selection to AAC. Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate file.
    8. Right-click the ringtone and select Delete.
    9. Click to you see the option to Keep Files.
    10. Find the file under Music > iTunes > iTunes Music and under the band's/artist's name. It will have an extension of "m4a."
    11. Replace the m4a extension of your ringtone with m4r. You can either double-click slowly to rename your file, or right-click and select Get Info on a Mac or Rename on a Windows PC.
      Note: For me I had to go to Tools > Folder Options > View > and temporarily uncheck "Hide Extensions for know file types". This was so I could have access to rename the extension of the file.
    12. Click use .m4r or and ignore any warnings about changing.
    13. Double-click the ringtone file. iTunes will automatically add it to your ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.
    14. Connect your iPhone and sync your ringtones. It should now be available on your iPhone.

If you are having trouble syncing, find the ringtone in your Ringtones folder and change the extension back to .M4A, then attempt to sync again. Then instead of deleting it, you can also drag the newly converted ringtone to your desktop from iTunes.

This will not work with songs bought from the iTunes store or that have DRM (copy protection). It's probably best to rip the song from a CD you own. Also, this may not work with the latest version of Leopard.

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Another Workaround

I know this thread is for creating your own ringtones but...

Here's a site that automatically converts free ringtones to .m4a.

www.zedge.net

Sign up with a new account for free. At signup, be sure to specify that you have an iPhone, and when you click on a ringtone, you save the ringtone to a folder on your computer. Drag the file to the ringtones section in iTunes and sync. Simple as that.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok stupid but prbably easy fix.

I just got my iPhone, was a BB Bold user, I backed up my BB before I sold it.

My question is (a couple actually) on my DT I have a folder with only ringtones that I have created, how do I just transfer those on over to ither my phone or iTunes?

Also, back to the BB back up (with no BB phone in hand) can I transfer my contacts over as well? Just the address book. It has taken me alot of time to do from writing them all down on a piece of paper and typing them in onto my phone one by one, and I have alot more too do.

Thanks in advance, as I am new to iPhone.

iLord is DEAD!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    sooner - Just convert the ringtones you had on your BB to an M4a, then rename the file to an M4r, your computer will warn you that changing the file extension will/can render the file unusable, but this is okay, just rename it, double click it when you're done and it will open up in your iTunes under ringtones, connect your iPhone and sync them, that's it.

Don't have a converter? Download HERE for Windows

As for the contacts, I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to do that Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    sooner - Just convert the ringtones you had on your BB to an M4a, then rename the file to an M4r, your computer will warn you that changing the file extension will/can render the file unusable, but this is okay, just rename it, double click it when you're done and it will open up in your iTunes under ringtones, connect your iPhone and sync them, that's it.

Thanks, I am all too new to iPhone but am gonna try it now I let you know the results.

iLord is DEAD!

Ok do I need to rename them to a M4r one at a time?

Just curious?

iLord is DEAD!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post

SWEET Thanks for the GREAT ADVICE. Now I need to add my contacts.

TRUST POINTS GRANTED

iLord is DEAD!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    sooner, glad I could help, I'd name them one at a time...just in case

Also, that converter I gave you a link for is awesome, but FYI, another easy way to convert your MP3's to an M4a is to just open the MP3 in iTunes, Right-Click it, choose 'Create AAC Version', let it do it's thing, when it's done navigate (on your PC) to My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music, find the song through artist or whatever, then you can rename it to an M4r

If you want to remove the AAC Version from your iTunes music list before renaming the file to an M4r, you can, just make sure you choose "keep the file" this way it's there in your iTunes Music folder.

So I have just figured out that some ringtone will show up in your iTunes but will not show up in your phone.

The ringtone is too long. lol

iLord is DEAD!

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Here another way. Go to cydia, click on the search tab, and type "anyring" install it. Go to your homescreen and run the app. Now you can use any song in the iPod as ringtone. Even chose when to start and when to end. You could use it as default ringtone. SMS ringtone. And even to put it on any contact on your fone. Pretty cool huh?!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Dope!!!

Thats DOPE Evo. Doing it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Love yall! I swear! lol

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have a Mac, you can use GarageBand to make ringtones. (this is an older article but the process is pretty much the same.)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1358
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    garage band is awesome ! I keep hearing good things about it.
    Shalom to you (peace)

jettyzzy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have purchased and using it, indeed to solve my problem, so I recommend it to you guys. Hope it help everybody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast