How do you put themes on the iPhone 4 without jailbreaking it? I saw some ... Apple iPhone forum

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

Question How do you put themes on iPhone 4?

Advertisement

How do you put themes on the iPhone 4 without jailbreaking it? I saw some sick themes I want for my iPhone4.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 06-29-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Edited Title

pnjabirida no está en línea Stack level 1
    good question iOS4

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    the Apple app store/itunes to my knowlege doesnt even have any themes to download, so without a JB, it would be pretty tough
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Apple at this time doesn't support themes. You will need to jail break to install themes, you don't have access to the folders that keep the theme without it.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wait, you have to crack the software on the new ios to put themes on it? Are you flipping serious?

/mind boggles

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Got me on that one. Don't know about iOS. I'll find out.

Edit: I'm not finding anything to support that you can add themes with the new iOS. You need to be a little further down in the level of the os to be able to do that. They may have it accessible now I just don't know because I don't have one(yet). I'm sure SRL will be over in a few to clear that up.
    Last edited by BHP77; 06-29-2010 at 11:20 PM.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I had iOS4 WITH THEMES, it is possible, only Jailbroken.

But you need to be careful what you add cuz mobile substrate can not handle much from the developers at this time. But it is possible, done it.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Thanks sooner, so I guess the answer to this question is no. Just like the other iPhones you will need to jailbreak.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Any iPhone that wants themes needs to be Jailbroken, no matter what OS. Any OS can be Jailbroken for themes.

iOS4 is limited on what themes you can have, no Iconoclasm, no infinity dock, basically not much at this time, but that will change soon as developers update their work.

iLord is DEAD!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm short on time (work) but you can Theme the beejesus out of an iPhone however it's much different than the typical RIM product. There is no software bundle to help you along. You do it all yourself which tends to make the Themes even better.

There are some pretty neat Themes for the 3GS and I'm sure the developers who made those will also be updating them for the new iOS.