Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not had any problems with my iphone until yesterday. Phone was dead when it should ... Apple iPhone forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Help with trouble question

Advertisement

Not had any problems with my iphone until yesterday. Phone was dead when it should not have been. Charged it up with no problem and seemed everything was okay. Well today it is dead again this morning and it will not charge at all. Any quick tricks to try? If it was a normal phone I would pull the battery and try another. This phone was new in Nov 2010 so they should fix it but just hate to wait and we have no service centers anywhere around me. Phone has never been dropped and always babied. This will be my 4th iphone but I've never had a battery problem with any of the past ones, the other 3 were all within the 30 days of buying

Funny I called AT&T and all they would say is you need a new phone so they transfered my call to Apple. All they said was we need to send you a new phone. Why when you call with any other phone do they try so hard to figure out what could be wrong and try to fix it over the phone but this they just want to send a new phone? Trouble is the only way they will send you a phone out is to pay $700 and they will send one out other wise you have to wait for them to send you a box, then return the phone and wait for them to get it back and check it out. That would suck if you really needed this as a phone. Wish I would have never got the iphone and SO glad I still have my blackberry and can upgrade to a new one next week

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sorry about all the troubles you're having. Hope you get it all under control!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Enter the contest on the home page and you just might win yourself a new device!

Well they talked me into paying the $29 for overnight shipping so was hoping to have the phone tomorrow but I guess for that price they didn't want to check Saturday delivery so it will not be here until Monday. So sad. USPS flat rate for allot less would have got it here Monday. One more strike Apple

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Are they sending it UPS cause they don't deliver on Saturdays

Nope FedEx and they do Saturdays, guess they figure if you have an iPhone your use to not having a working phone all the time so whats a few extra days. Just nope that does hurt me in getting the old one back before the 10 days and the $150 late fee. They really know how to show their support for the customer

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wait! Are you saying that with AT&T, if you have a problem with the iPhone you have to mail it to Apple and THEN they will send you a new one AND you have to pay for the replacement phone?!?!?! So essentially, you have paid for 2 phones only one of them does not work??? I think I might have missed something because that does not seem right to me.

No if you need to replace your iphone under warranty you have to do it with Apple and not ATT or Verizon. To do it you can take it into an Apple store and they will swap it out right there. If you don't live close to one like me you have two choices. Call them you and get them to ship you a box and label to return your phone to them. Once you get it you send your phone back to them and they will fix it or replace it and send it back. Now I have no idea for sure but I'm thinking that could take more then a week and more like 2 weeks to have a working phone back in your hands. Other thing you can do is pay a $29 overnight fee and pay them the full retail price of a new phone ($699 in my case) and they will overnight a replacement to you. When you get it swap SIM cards and ship them back the broken phone. Now the trick is if they don't get the phone back in 10 days or less they charge you a late fee of $150. Once they get your broken phone back they will credit you back the retail price of the phone as long as they decide it is something covered by warranty. Don't know for sure but I'm betting if it's not covered you just paid retail for a replacement phone.
    So for the folks out there that don't have the balance on a charge card to pay for the phone for a few weeks then you stuck waiting on a replacement phone. Think I bought my first and last Apple phone

Hope that make since now

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, that makes better sense. Thank you for the clarification. :-)

Candypants no está en línea Stack level 1
    Never had this kind of problem!
    Hi,all!

Well I got the new phone yesterday and never had any more trouble with my old phone but I switched them any way since I had to pay $29 bucks for it. So I'm sending them a phone that seems to work right but it could screw up again down the road so who knows. Might just have to get rid of it anyway and try that new Moto Atrix. If Blackberry would release the playbook I'd give it a try but I'm getting tired of waiting on it. Heck I sit all day with not much to do so if BB would send me one I have the time to put it thru it's paces

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You could have easily taken it to an apple store and talk to one of those weirdos at the store and they would have replaced your phone on the spot. Your phone is too new and definitely falls under apple's one year grace period. I did that a couple of times already and even got a free headset because mine were a little worn
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Not easily, nearest store is a 2 hour drive one way. Not sure why ATT doesn't handle it like they do with any other phone they sell

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Well, it is the iPhone. So, I think when it comes to Apple they'd rather have them deal with the client. I know any Hemroid phone or BB's they'll replace right away but not the so called Godphone
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast