Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hope someone experienced out there can help me.Jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago and ... Apple iPhone forum

markcheatle no está en línea Stack level 2

Help iPhone won't boot

Advertisement

Hope someone experienced out there can help me.Jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago and had been using MyWiFi to thether this afternoon. It came up with a promt something like "tis sin't working would you like to soft start" so naively I pressed yes. Consequently it won't re-boot.All I seem to get is the Apple Logo and nothing else . Tried re-connecting to iTunes and it's not recognised. iTunes doesn't find the device .

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Please please please help...Grrrrrrr

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I once did he following to resucitate my iPhone. Flicked the mute button 4 times up and down then pressed the power button and the homescreen button at the same time until it rebooted. That worked be sure to do it exactly as I said. I dunno where exactly I read this but worked
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by markcheatle View Post
    Hope someone experienced out there can help me.Jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago and had been using MyWiFi to thether this afternoon. It came up with a promt something like "tis sin't working would you like to soft start" so naively I pressed yes. Consequently it won't re-boot.All I seem to get is the Apple Logo and nothing else . Tried re-connecting to iTunes and it's not recognised. iTunes doesn't find the device .

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Please please please help...Grrrrrrr

I had this happen to me a few times, try pressing the home button, and the on button at the same time. It will shut down, wait a few moments and turn it back on, it will take five minutes to boot back up. You should be good.

iLord is DEAD!

Tried once already.....

but will try again right now.Switched off......switched back on......and NOTHING !!!!

Now starting to worry a little guys

Anymore ideas ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just also tried flicking the mute button thing 4 times etc too...nothing !!!

GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Have you tried restoring? Given that you haven't downloaded the new updte you should be good. Can the phone be read when you plug it into your pc or mac? It should def boot up when you press the power and homescreen button. You must be doing Sum Tin Wong
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Hello again. Well I've tried it but once again I'll try it again in a little bit

So...explain the process once more please

Do I need to try and re-boot via iTunes with the Apple Logo not apparent (ie totally switched off) or do I need the logo there ? Either way ,once I have connected the phone to the USB lead I hold the Home Button and the On/Off button ?

Like I said I've tried that before and nothing ?!

Sat here now typing watching the phone TRYING to re-boot.The Apple Logo is there and also the round circular thing goes around for a couple of seconds then stops. It then goes totally blank and then goes through the same process again. Will leave it alone until I receive a reply.

Thanks in advance once again !!!

Oh

And by the way,in answer to your question/reply...

No it can't be read and NO I haven't updated

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yup! I got that apple logo and hourglass before. You should be good. Keep trying and give it a minute or two then press the power button again Only the power button and it should restart. Took a bit till I got mine back to life. You're almost there dude

Right ok...

Switched it off totally for now....will run downstairs and connect to iTunes whilst its switched off and will just hit the Power Button as you described.....if it doesn;t work it's out the window me thinks !!!

Gimme 5 mins and I'll let you know

Good luck

iLord is DEAD!

Nothing fella.

Cheers for your help anyway.Guess I must be doing something wrong but I think you would have picked up on that by now maybe .

Tried re-connecting to iTunes and nothing at all.

Just disconnected it and now have Apple Logo sat there once agan steering at me !!!

I used to love that Logo...you know now....I ferking hate it !!!

I might just post another thread maybe now a lot of people are getting in from work.....

I dunno.....right cheesed off now !!

iPhone Jailbreak Help

Guys/Gals

Posted previously today but unfortunately I'm still struggling !!! :@(

Jailbroke the iPhone 3gs about two weeks ago with everything working fine ok,no worries at all..happy days etc

Anyway today I was using MyWiFi and it came up with the prompt something like "This application is not starting soft start or later" . So I soft started...so wish I didn't now

Anyway subsequently since I can't get the device to re-boot.

I haven't updated to the latest iTunes software so I'm told it should be ok through there...anyway..no joy

I've tried holding On/Off Button and the Home Button at the same time etc.

It goes as far as it gets right now.....

I'm looking at it now with the Apple Logo with the cirucular thingy as if its trying to boot but just freezes.

I've left this now for another 5-10 mins so I start the process again

I need help please

Am I being impatient ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Does anyone have any further ideas ?

Very worried now chaps ! And hacked off....excuse the pun

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Don't throw it out the window. Send it to me. Ill find ways to fix it

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    1. Connect your phone to the computer.
    2. Hold the power & home button down until the iTunes restore comes up.
    3. Restore your phone on iTunes to either a custom firmware or the stock firmware.

custom firmware can be had here.
    To restore to a custom firmware you need to hold shift then click restore, then choose the file you just downloaded.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Turn it off. Hold home and hold until it turns off. Then hold home and plug the phone into your computer. Keep holding home. It will show the USB plug with the iTunes logo, or if you have the pineapple logo it will show steve jobs.

At that point iTunes will see your iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore.

That is the only way to fix it other than DFU mode which is more complicated that this.

Recharge iPhone

Connect iPhone to a high-power USB port, such as the one on your computer, or use your iPhone AC adapter. If either of these screens are present, keep iPhone connected so it continues charging.
    • Don't use the USB port on your keyboard because it is a low-power port and iPhone will not charge.
    • If you see the red part of the battery image flash three times and then the screen goes black, it means that iPhone is not receiving power to charge.
    • If the iPhone battery is extremely low on power, the display may be blank for up to two minutes before one of the low-battery images appears.

Recharge iPhone

Connect iPhone to a high-power USB port, such as the one on your computer, or use your iPhone AC adapter. If either of these screens are present, keep iPhone connected so it continues charging.
    • Don't use the USB port on your keyboard because it is a low-power port and iPhone will not charge.
    • If you see the red part of the battery image flash three times and then the screen goes black, it means that iPhone is not receiving power to charge.
    • If the iPhone battery is extremely low on power, the display may be blank for up to two minutes before one of the low-battery images appears

Update software

Updating your iPhone and iTunes software may solve your issue.
    Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.
    Next, connect iPhone. In the left column under Devices, click on your iPhone. Click on Check for Update in the Summary tab, then follow the instructions.

DONT UPDATE TO 3.1.3

Remove content

If iPhone is not working as expected, it may be due to some of the content synced to it. Try selectively removing recently added content or any content that is not working as expected, such as applications, contacts, calendars, songs, photos, videos, or podcasts.
    To remove content, connect iPhone by USB and use iTunes to change the sync settings. In the left column under Devices, click on your iPhone, then select each tab to change what content is synced. When you are finished, click Apply in the lower right corner of the screen.
    If an application isn't working as expected, try removing the application and reinstalling from the iTunes store. For more information, see this article

Restore iPhone

To restore your iPhone, first make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.
    Next, connect iPhone. In the left column under Devices, click on your iPhone, then click on Restore in the Summary tab.
    For more information about backing up, updating, and restoring your iPhone software, see this article.

Note: This will delete all media and data. All settings will be reset as well. If possible, sync iPhone with iTunes before restoring to back up your most recent data and settings.
    Back
    If it comes to a restore you will have to re jailbreak your phone. Do not update to 3.1.3

Good luck

iLord is DEAD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast