Guys i just bought a I phone 4 from a unknow source. It was working ... Apple iPhone forum

lastdon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Hello new to this I need HELP THough

Guys i just bought a I phone 4 from a unknow source. It was working i even jail broke it it had the 4.0 software.
    I decided to upgrade it to 4.0.1 and jailbreak wouldnt work so i decide to restore the phone when i did it lock the phone to emegency phone only. I dont have the origonal sim for it. Now m worried am up **** creek any suggestion would geatly appreciate it thanks

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmmmm, strange. I've never attempted a restore on an iPhone that didn't have a SIM chip, so I honestly wouldn't know if that's what's causing the problem. Have you tried putting it in Recover Mode? Or possibly DFU Mode? I had to do this once (1st gen iPod Touch), but I'm definitely rusty Lol....I know it isn't too hard, give it a shot.

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    shouldnt lock like that

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    You should be able to get past the "activation screen" (the screen saying connect to iTunes and allowing you only to make emergency calls) by putting in ANY at&t sim (dead or alive) and connecting to iTunes. I haven't tried this on a 4.0 but know it works on 3G's and 3Gs's. Once you are past the activation screen you will have to jailbreak and unlock it again to use another carrier.