Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

excelent review. Exactly the feedback I've been expecting.... Apple iPhone forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: GOT to use an iphone...

Advertisement

excelent review. Exactly the feedback I've been expecting.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by msgdawkins
    I have been mesmerised with the iphone's advertisements and have been waiting for an honest review. Yours answered all the questions I had up to this point. Thanks
    The adverts are missing.... "this is typing"

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~glade everyone liked my review gimme some checks here. I'm working on my trust level lol. You'll see once they release it and all the top sites review it. And you can see a hands on review video. I can't wait

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200

A good review in spite of the difficult situation surrounding the examination what with limited time and all. I'm pretty sure there will be more write-up's near launch date. Nevertheless, it would be difficult not to be biased as this forum is consisted mostly of crackberries and or at least bb-lovers.
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: GOT to use an iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Like I said before, the keyboard will cause it's demise.
    I hate to be the thorn in this "one-sided" thread, but I agree and disagree with your thoughts. For a crackberry user, the keyboard might be a deal-breaker, but for a huge percentage of the 100 million people who bought an iPod...it will not be. Email is only one aspect of owning a phone and the fact is that in most other ways, this new iPhone outshines a lot of phones already on the market. For example, just the actual look of the email. The software app in the Blackberry, while solid and consistent, is from another age and time compared to the rich html email on the iPhone. The list is long and I think you will see a lot of people that want to easily take all their information (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Music, Photos, Movies, Bookmarks, etc) with them on the road and have that information sync flawlessly. Last but not least, for many Mac users it has really been a nightmare dealing with RIM's lack of interest and support to make the relationship with the Blackberry a great one. It is at best, a compromised solution that they offer with PocketMac.

Hayden hit it on the head the best, "Personally my expectation and as far as target markets are... BlackBerry the messaging (email being core) market & iPhone the multimedia market. Obviously, each phone will have both capabilities but INTENTIONALLY different strenghts."

If you doubt how the iPhone will work, watch this short video. Just my thoughts....

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/guidedtour.html
    Last edited by wclyffe; 06-23-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    I hate to be the thorn in this "one-sided" thread, but I agree and disagree with your thoughts. For a crackberry user, the keyboard might be a deal-breaker, but for a huge percentage of the 100 million people who bought an iPod...it will not be. Email is only one aspect of owning a phone and the fact is that in most other ways, this new iPhone outshines a lot of phones already on the market. For example, just the actual look of the email. The software app in the Blackberry, while solid and consistent, is from another age and time compared to the rich html email on the iPhone. The list is long and I think you will see a lot of people that want to easily take all their information (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Music, Photos, Movies, Bookmarks, etc) with them on the road and have that information sync flawlessly. Last but not least, for many Mac users it has really been a nightmare dealing with RIM's lack of interest and support to make the relationship with the Blackberry a great one. It is at best, a compromised solution that they offer with PocketMac.

Hayden hit it on the head the best, "Personally my expectation and as far as target markets are... BlackBerry the messaging (email being core) market & iPhone the multimedia market. Obviously, each phone will have both capabilities but INTENTIONALLY different strenghts."

If you doubt how the iPhone will work, watch this short video. Just my thoughts....

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/guidedtour.html
    1) totallY agree this will sell like there is no Tomorrow.
    2) lots of cool features
    3) having rich HTML email with that Keyboard is kind of like having a Ferrari come without a steering wheel, rather pointless.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I had the same concerns about the keyboard! I figured it would take forever to type a word...or letters for that matter! Just seems like the recognition would be terrible without tangible keys...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: GOT to use an iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    1) totallY agree this will sell like there is no Tomorrow.
    2) lots of cool features
    3) having rich HTML email with that Keyboard is kind of like having a Ferrari come without a steering wheel, rather pointless.

Like going from a scroll wheel to a trackball, many will scream it"s horrible and then get use to it...and then they will become very fast. I've also heard they are creating a firmware update that will rotate the keyboard in landscape mode when you turn the iPhone 90 degrees, making for a nice wide keyboard that you hold in two hands and use your thumbs like the physical keyboards now....except wide with larger buttons. The word is they are field testing it right now for a firmware update. It will be pretty easy for them to do this, so I'm betting we'll see it very quickly.

Your comment #3 makes a lot of sense to me for email, but I have the same thought about the quality of a phone call using my Blackberry 8700g and my Pearl...I think the call quality is mediocre at best especially when compared to past phones I've had from Nokia or Samsung. Somehow this item does not get discussed here much and above all, its a PHONE!
    Last edited by wclyffe; 06-24-2007 at 12:38 PM.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Wclyffe is right. The iphone is still what the name implies. A phone. As a former palm user who switched to a BB pearl and loves it. I had been talking to my husband who wanted to upgrade to a smart phone from a Nokia and he mentioned the iphone so I was interested in reviews. I think that in the end it will come down to personal preferences,like a pc versus a Mac. Those with a mac will love it but like myself, I don't use the BB for mp3 or video so it makes no sense for me or to get for my husband who really only needs email access. I will be recommending the BB over iphone for him.

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

The NYtimes.com video was good enough for me. Yes its appealing to the eye, but like 1st gen apple products comes bugs. At first I thought that going from a full keyboard to the BBpearl would be a pain, but with practice its real easy. On top of that, the pearl is the perfect sized phone I have ever owned that has all the apps and programs I need.
    ~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    I read all the threads under iphone now ! Happy to have done so. I l know this is an old thread and no one is looking at it moderators but I just wanted to have my name here as a newly iphone 4 user soon ! I love Pinstack !!!!!
    Shalom to you (peace)

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    With all considerations I'm going to say this , if the device works for you then be happy ! Why to call the iphone a "gadget" or "toy" always coming from blackberry users? The iphone does email , text, calls, ect .. Just like blackberry. So why this fanfare of the blackberry super complex ! Give it up and be happy with what your device can do ! If the iphone is a toy then so is the blackberry device with its games want to bes and music and pictures and the Crackberry leader "Kevin " asking Rovio for angry birds on behalf of the Crackberry nation to the point that they came up with "angry farms " , a poor substitute for it. So you see! Blackberry users want toys functionality too. Stop the superiority complex. If it works for you then good !
    Shalom to you (peace)

micklei8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I duno hard not to bb biased here

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by micklei8 View Post
    I duno hard not to bb biased here
    It's really hard for most here not to have apple hate. You don't find that sort of thing in the android section. Apple is on too and dethroned the mighty BB; those users are still sore but they are the ones losing. Some here just refuse to admits the strengths of the iPhone, especially the 4. Those that have moved on are mostly switching to android because of the apple hate. JMO, but it seems true.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Android fans are vitriolic, Apple fans are smug and condescending. One sees value in choice, the other sees value in polish.

Both camps are equally amusing when they try asserting their opinion as fact

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast