Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

believe it or not. i dont have proof. but i will say this. dont believe ... Apple iPhone forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

GOT to use an iphone...

Advertisement

believe it or not. i dont have proof. but i will say this. dont believe me youll see for yourself when the reviews start rolling out. tonight i was at a meeting and a gentlemen there who is an exec for ******* had a test device. the almighty iphone. id love to give his name. but who knows the consiquences on that. he happens to be an investor on a condo project were doing.

anyway enough of that. i got to play around with it for about 20 minutes. now let me tell you im a hardcore blackberry addict. and id never ever jump ship. ever. but. i will say ill give my own review.
    good: the ipod of it is great, the movies is great, the video and picture quality is great, web browsing reminded me of opera mini. it was ok. sloww. maps was excellent. sexy phone all around.

bad: omg the key board or lack there of. it is horrible. it took me about a minute to type 6 words. and there were still mistakes. you cant type or should i say tap with ur thumbs. i felt like i had to put it down and use the pointiest part of my index finger. one handed.
    i couldnt use wi-fi so no clue how that is. widgets said error when i tapped it. no clue how that is either. the biggest downfall to me on this is the typing/tapping. cool looking phone. but i believe a lot of people will complain about this.
    well believe it or not. this is my review.

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: GOT to use an iphone...

Well I was supposed to get an IPhone myself but couldn't wait CUZ my previous phone was crappin out on me so I just bought my 8100 in the mean time. Put in consideration that I'm the kind of person that gets bored easily but I am in love with my BB wouldn't trade it for the world. In the beginning I wanted the whole touch screen thing myself but after getting my pearl I saw I was better off. If probably break those touch screens anyways lol! All I know is the next step for me is the komet! Hahaha thanks for the review.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the review. Just think, I'm not ready to give up my thumb wheel. I tried the 8800 & didn't like the feel over my 8700. The iPhone will have it's core followers just like us BB users, the difference is BB has proved to be more than just a gadget phone.

xvprflyboivx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30F53704

I completely agree with you tai I tried the 8800 myself and don't ever think I be able to give up my thumbwheel. And I'm not giving up my BB for an iphone anyday. The iphone is new and BB has been around for a while now. I think I'd be too scared to have an iphone I might end up breakin it, its like jumping from a honda to a mercedes...imho

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

I duno hard not to bb biased here

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Time will tell. I've heard another first hand account that said the multi tap screen was the easiest keyboard that she ever used. Very responsive and once you get used to it much faster than typing on her 7520. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the size of the thumbs. She has small hands.

She also talked about some of the error messages and she found out it was that her phone was a beta and not all functions were complete yet. You are lucky to see one in person. She was not allowed to take the phone out of her office or show the phone to anybody because of the NDA.
    Last edited by jwlussow; 06-22-2007 at 12:07 PM.

humayunl no está en línea Stack level 1

not the most articulate review i've ever read, but thanks for your opinion.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Apparently there's 100 currently in use/testing "out and about", all of which Steve Jobs has approved of himself.

Here's another first hand users review..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

i'm about done going back and forth with devices. i'm not giving up my BB for Iphone (Absolutely not.) Blackberry till i die. Hoorah.

tool46n2 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~every time a new "sexy" phone hits the market(I.e. The sidekick, razor, and The pearl)people will jump for it. I just didn't like when apple made claims that the iphone is the first phone that's an mp3 player, camera and so on. The last I checked almost every phone out there has a camera and a mp3 player on it. I'm very happy with my pearl and with all the help from every one on the pinstack site. I'm sure RIM will respond and come out on top.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by tool46n2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~every time a new "sexy" phone hits the market(I.e. The sidekick, razor, and The pearl)people will jump for it. I just didn't like when apple made claims that the iphone is the first phone that's an mp3 player, camera and so on. The last I checked almost every phone out there has a camera and a mp3 player on it. I'm very happy with my pearl and with all the help from every one on the pinstack site. I'm sure RIM will respond and come out on top.

When did Apple make "claims that the iphone is the first phone that's an mp3 player, camera and so on." I've never even seen them make mention of the camera functionality or highlight it in any form.. its there, but its not like its any part of their advertising.

And they never said it was the first of anything.. They highlight that its an iPod, a phone and a mobile internet device - which is it.. they've never said its the first to do any of those things.

RIM has nothing to respond to.. different markets, different target audience.. I'm glad your happy with your pearl (so am I)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

msgdawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E861A5
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    believe it or not. i dont have proof. but i will say this. dont believe me youll see for yourself when the reviews start rolling out. tonight i was at a meeting and a gentlemen there who is an exec for ******* had a test device. the almighty iphone. id love to give his name. but who knows the consiquences on that. he happens to be an investor on a condo project were doing.

anyway enough of that. i got to play around with it for about 20 minutes. now let me tell you im a hardcore blackberry addict. and id never ever jump ship. ever. but. i will say ill give my own review.
    good: the ipod of it is great, the movies is great, the video and picture quality is great, web browsing reminded me of opera mini. it was ok. sloww. maps was excellent. sexy phone all around.

bad: omg the key board or lack there of. it is horrible. it took me about a minute to type 6 words. and there were still mistakes. you cant type or should i say tap with ur thumbs. i felt like i had to put it down and use the pointiest part of my index finger. one handed.
    i couldnt use wi-fi so no clue how that is. widgets said error when i tapped it. no clue how that is either. the biggest downfall to me on this is the typing/tapping. cool looking phone. but i believe a lot of people will complain about this.
    well believe it or not. this is my review.

I have been mesmerised with the iphone's advertisements and have been waiting for an honest review. Yours answered all the questions I had up to this point. Thanks

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Like I said before, the keyboard will cause it's demise.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I came from using a Treo 650 and it was hard to give up the touch screen on it so I can understand missing that. Since I got my Pearl I would never go to Treo and from what it sounds the Iphone isnt something I will be getting either. Thankss for the review.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Thanks for the review. I don't plan on getting the phone, but haven't really heard from anyone that's used it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast