Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

To rave so much about the iPhone and yet unable to part with one's BlackBerry. ... Apple iPhone forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

To rave so much about the iPhone and yet unable to part with one's BlackBerry.

Hm.

v2p1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for info

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I see some people agree with me. I know all of ya can't be happy with having the same OS for 4 years now update already!!!!!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't understand why you are saying you've had the same OS for 4 years??!! I've only had BBs for about a year and a half, and I've updated my OS multiple times. I started with 4.2.?.? and I'm on 4.5.0.81 at last count. Yes, the general look and functionality is the same (and so is the general look and functionality of both my PC Windows OS and my MAC OS - after much more than 4 years!) but updates and improvements have definitely happened. You can't completely change the general functionality and maneuverability within an OS or you will totally piss off everyone that knows and loves that OS.

Not an OS, but you should hear the complaining in my workplace with everyone that just got Microsoft Office 2007 and can't figure out how to do basic things because of the changes. And I don't even want to talk about Vista! I have never had so many calls for help as from employees using Vista for the first time. Extreme change is not necessarily a good thing! What is a good thing is improving and continually updating an OS so that it can keep up with new technology (ie the recent ability to handle larger SD cards, video recording, etc.). That is what RIM has done since I first purchased a BB and continues to do.

Yes, the delay on an "official" 4.5 version for AT&T is aggravating, but that delay must be blamed more on AT&T, RIM had definitely put in the time to provide that upgrade. There is also another upgrade with 4.6 in the newest BBs. RIM is not sitting stagnant, refusing to change.

So how is it that BlackBerry is not progressing??? Does the BB OS look the same as Apple's iPhone? No. Does Windows look the same as MAC? No. Is one better than the other? Yes, depending on what an individual is looking for and needs/wants to be able to do.

I am a tech gadget freak and love checking out new phones, and along with many other people on this forum, I believe that the iPhone is forcing all the other smartphone manufacturers to think outside their box and that can only be a good thing.

But are you going to convince a forum created for BB users that the iPhone is better? NO.

Just my 2 cents....
    Last edited by gritsinct; 10-04-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling :)

For the fourth time I'm trying to say is blackberry doesn't bother changing things they stay the same since my 7290 all I see the curve is better is higher res screen and camera and media player, I forgot what site had a media player for the blackberry that was awesome it had the album flow and it was posted that one of blackberry vps had it on his blackberry and someone posted if he has it why can't he make blackberry bring that stock?! Why spend 30$ for it? they gotta see all these cool things phones are coming with but don't try. I know blackberry started off in business but now there for everyone but don't have all the features a windows mobile or iphone have and all I ask is why?! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    For the fourth time
    Give up already....

The browser is the same thing exact thing on the 8700 and 8300 what the hell is that!?! I know its a phone but web browsing is becoming something someone needs it on the always and blackberry has changed nothing outside people have to improve like opera mini that's pathetic ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry, but the browser has changed a fair bit since the 8700. Both browsing and media player have improved immensely over the years.
    Apple did the play that Microsoft did with porting their OS to phones. The difference here is that Apple (controlling both the OS and the hardware) has done a considerably better job at it.
    The thing that you need to consider is that, by porting OSX to the iPhone, Apple has been able to provide an easy transition for applications. Also, the Safari browser has been around a lot longer than the browser on the BlackBerry...it's only rational that it's going to be more mature. Apple has also done an incredible job with their Developer's Kit and partnering with game makers to make the iPhone a worthy mobile gaming platform.

I think RIM's done a fantastic job with how they've evolved the BB. Apple has also done an amazing job with their first two iterations of the iPhone (I do think that they should have worked more on voice quality and battery life for their second generation device though). These were the greatest complaints about the first generation iPhone - they did little to address these.

Bottom line, really depends on what your needs are with your smartphone - the requirements between those that favour iPhones and BlackBerry's tend to contrast significantly.

It will be interesting when the Storm is in the market to see how much RIM has bridged this gap.

I love blackberry and all but I can see when they do wrong or need to improve but everyone here is like a ford guy, no matter what ford does they see no wrong and ya like that grow up peps like the guy said about palm they stayed the same and look at them ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When I 1st say the bold I was like wtf?! Why upgrade? Just a better camera ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    I'm say this is the biggets gripe I have with the iphone it doesn't have a keyboard I don't see how anyone can live without some sort of key pad I spend to much time on yahoo aol etc I also own a mogul which I can slide the keyboard out on now as far as playing video games on a phone that's also beyond me why not just buy a DS and PSP ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Camera

Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    When I 1st say the bold I was like wtf?! Why upgrade? Just a better camera ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You don't buy a phone for its camera. Besides the Camera on the Bold is 2 Mega Pixels. Identical to the Curve.

The Javelin is the one with the better camera.

If you need a camera, go buy a good point and shoot.

I said the camera thing to put them down not that I wnat one and that's what I thought about the keyboard but one day and you'll 4get about your blackberrys and I hate phones you need to hands to type with like the mogul. There's software you can get for free and put the same keyboard that's on the iphone on your mogul if you wanna try it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, if you like the iphone better... Well more power to you. Get it if it makes you happy. And thanks for sharing your point of view.. However I'm very happy with my BB and I'm sticking with it, and probably most of the people in this post feel the same way. Good luck with your new phone. If you ever decide to come back, our doors are always open for you. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    I think sam is trying to get flamed. Most of us know all about the iphone, but still we have BBs. Youre arguing about media players, web browsers, and cameras, those are not the sole reasons to have a phone. There are many other factors to have a phone and i believe that BBs covers them pretty well.