Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

I love the iphone, I used to talk down on it but I take all ... Apple iPhone forum

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3

got a iphone a month ago and....

Advertisement

I love the iphone, I used to talk down on it but I take all that back. It does so much and does it well, don't get me wrong I love my curve and I've loved blackberry for years, I've had the 7290, 8700, 3 pearls, 8800 and 2 8320. The I phones safari and ipod make blackberry look ancient yea apple doesn't have push that's one thing I miss and that's why I still got my curve, but I really think blackberry needs to step up I see the bold and it doesn't impress me I mean come on the browser looks a little better then my curves and the storm looks like a wanna be iphone, I know ya gotta agree with me about atleast the browser and the media player on our berrys there so out dated its sad, let the bashing begin

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    blackberry will always outdo iphone, apple focused on making the iphone UI look really good yes but honestly blackberry is a way better tool. If you get the right theme your berry can look just as good as an iphone

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Regardless of which phone is better for what purpose, I think we can all agree that RIM can improve on its old-school interface and features.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    i dont see how RIM has oldschool features, please explain? Also the interface is all up to the person with the blackberry, if you want it to look better then get a better theme.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Perhaps BlackBerry still has some ways to go. But they are working on it. Remember that when BB first came out they were used mainly for Business Email.. its only been a few years since they really open the market to the average person. Looking at the history of a BlackBerry, you can see that they have taken the original model and totally worked on making a very powerful phone with features that other devices had.
    Not saying that a BB is perfect and no improvement needed.. no.. I'm just saying that you got to give them credit... or at least i do.. and lots of it. All i know is that for years i tried different phone models and brands and I've only been a BB user for a little over a year and a half and I just love it. I dont see myself changing brands anytime soon.. in fact, im considering on getting me one of those wanna be iphones.. you know.. the BB 9530. Just because its a BB I know it will be a great.
    Thats my take. But to each its own....

pdnmiami no está en línea Stack level 1
    But the iPhone does not do MMS, and that is a big drawback for such a consumer oriented device. MMS is standard on pretty much all other phones on the market. MMS is as basic as text message but it contains pictures or video. The fact that the 3gpp (3gp) standard is not even listed as a format supported on the iPhone as a compatible video format disturbs me too. So even if a friend decided to email me a video taken from their cell I wouldn't be able to view it on my ultimate media device??? does that make sense?

Then there is the cut/Paste issue which I hope that they do resolve or implement soon..

What else is there, well the Push email is huge.. But they have push through mobile me which in turn acts a proxy for your messages and it sorta works but why do i have to get that for a device that is supposed to be so cutting edge and touts its superiority to all the other phones one the market, Even though it does push exchange now, it doesn't do it well enough to replace the BB as the defacto Business standard devivce.

I am torn between getting one to replace my 8100 (I'll still have my curve) but at the same time there are too many creature comforts that I will loose if I do get it now in its current iteration.

That is just my take on it.

Come on people this is apples first phone and it beats and is better then the bold that is blackberry 20th phone or something, I saw screens shots of the 4.6 os and its pathetic its the same old stuff. Like I said I love blackberry but iphone is better hands down and if the storm is better trust me I will have one and thank god blackberry is on top again but till then I'm stuck with my iphone ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Better in some respects, perhaps, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. They are completely different devices.

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx730 View Post
    i dont see how RIM has oldschool features, please explain? Also the interface is all up to the person with the blackberry, if you want it to look better then get a better theme.
    All I'm going to say is that an interface is much, MUCH more than just a visual theme.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

And you can get mms, video recording, video game emulators, just by jail breaking it only takes minutes I mean come on I play playstation games on my iphone and the best my curve does is tetris lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx730 View Post
    Ha you make me laugh get a better theme you must have never messed with a iphone... It can change every thing media player look,calculator, background, call screen, lock slider anything and everything! And its all so simple! A theme for blackberry is just a look if you go internal its all the same boring thing that can't be changed! And then you got browsers which even on the 9530 storm is nothing compared to the iphone the iphones tabs are amazing on safari I can look at 8 pages or more at one time tell when blackberry will be able to do that ha never I bet! And then gaming omg games are outrageous on the Iphone you haven't played a mobile game till you have played on the iphone the nes emulator is outrageous!! Blackberry won't be having that anytime so ha! And then you have people saying o well you don't have mms and video camera ha just mod the phone jailbreak it which take about 20 mins and 2 clicks and bam install video camera and mms and its all just as good as our blackberrys! So really I think apple is far far more up there then blackberry if the iphone was released to other carriers they would beat us in sales 3 to 1 easily!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Another mindless iPhone vs. BlackBerry debate.

PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    i have used an iphone and personally i dont see it going anywhere, its meant for vally girls and rich people who dont need it and just want it for a toy. Personally I dont care much for apple because they are so arrogant about everything they release

guitarfreak846 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What about the G1?

It wasn't meant as a debate just comment on how behind blackberry is ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast