To keep the Google Voice dream alive for those using an iPhone that is not ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Google Voice saga (Continued)

Advertisement

To keep the Google Voice dream alive for those using an iPhone that is not Jailbroken here is some new hope.

Riverturn, which had developed a native Google Voice iPhone app called VoiceCentral, is looking to make the same approach for Google Voice. Instead of waiting for Apple to figure out if they are going to allow iPhone clients for Google Voice, Riverturn is developing an HTML5 web app which you download to your iPhone. It is called VoiceCentral Black Swan Edition and it is currently in "very limited beta." Those who have Google Voice accounts can sign up for the beta list at the website, which has some additional information and screenshots

Link: Riverturn

Watch the video demo and screen shots for more details.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Cool I signed up just in case I get the Iphone 3Gs like real soon

But is there no other way to use google voice on the iphone at the present time?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Gv mobile if your jailbroken
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Havent gotten that far yet but apparently even if you want to use Riverturns google voice app, you still need to be jailbroken so I guess thats the route I'll have to go when I get the Iphone. I only got experience jailbreaking ipod touches but I guess it should be the same.