If Streetview coming in firmware 2.2 isn't enough for you and you need something Google-made ... Apple iPhone forum

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Google Earth Available on AppStore

Advertisement

If Streetview coming in firmware 2.2 isn't enough for you and you need something Google-made to play with grab a copy of Google Earth from the AppStore. Google sure has been busy lately.

Google Earth is a nice little bit of technology allowing you to view the world via a combination of satellite and aerial images. This port by google to the iPhone has been done quite well and it's an entertaining little app.

Just search for a location or place on the Earth or click locate me and Google Earth takes you to the corresponding part of the world showing you pictures or 3d rendering of the area. Controls are pretty simple to use. Pinch and pull to zoom, move around with the flick of the finger, etc. It is all fairly intuitive.

A really neat feature is the ability to look at places in 3d by tilting your iPhone to vertical. Check out what Mount Everest or any Puerto Rico beach from the comfort of your home!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Runs a little slow on my iPhone

PIN/ID
    GA
    Mines runs well. How many apps you are running?

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It runs fine on my Iphone, but there has been some discussion on the Iphone forum regarding it's battery usage and or stability.

PIN/ID
    GA
    for the battery is a kill...