I am a BlackBerry user soon to be converted to an iPhone user (pre-ordered an ... Apple iPhone forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Good holster for an iPhone?

Advertisement

I am a BlackBerry user soon to be converted to an iPhone user (pre-ordered an iPhone 3G S). I have been using the BlackBerry OEM leather vertical swivel holster to carry my berrys. These are very high quality holsters.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...RYJLJCX866ZPEA

or this one, which is a horizontal holster...

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...RFALS6F2MKFLB8

A horizontal holster may be better for the iPhone because it is longer than most berrys I have used. I like the ease of access with these holsters. They have a magnetic flap that you just lift to grab the device and put it back. Are there any similar holster out there for the iPhone?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The iPhone will carry a little different but below are two great places to see good cases. I use nothing but seidio and have had great luck with them.

Seidio

CaseMate

PSYC0TIC ONE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    The iPhone will carry a little different but below are two great places to see good cases. I use nothing but seidio and have had great luck with them.

Seidio

CaseMate
    i second that on seidio!!! i've used nothing but seidio cases since my first blackberry, and now the iphone... the Seidio Innocase Holster and Case combo is awesome, and will rival the cost of most other cases alone (not including the holster)... it is very slim and sleak, the bottom portion slides off for quick docking, and the holster is "face in" so your iphone won't be exposed...

the inside of the case is lined with felt and hasn't put a single scratch on the glossy black "rear end".

my ONLY issue is that almost EVERY case i found for the iphone, including Seidio's has that dumbass cutout in the back to show the apple logo... i ended up cutting a circle of microfiber about the size of a quarter and put it inside the hole and covered it with one of the Apple stickers that came with the phone... if only the sticker was also black but, now it isn't exposed and doesn't look "that" tacky, lol

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    im a big fan of seidio holsters. i own a few for the blackberries already. got my seidio iphone holster last week and its as good as the blackberry holsters. though it does scratch the bottom of my iphone zagg invisibleshield skin a little.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

I picked up this DLO HipCase at my local AT&T store. Nice quality, low profile and good looking holster.

http://dlo.com/Products/HipCase_Prod...mmand=showpage
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm in the same boat, my BB 8800 in the OEM holster was great-very easy to one-hand in and out.
    I have the DLO holster listed above and it is very nice and looks great, but you need two hands to minimize the possibility of launching the iphone onto the floor. (it has a cutout on the bottom to push the phone out with.)

I can pull my iPhone out of the DLO case with one hand, no problem. I use my thumb and index finger to pull it out. The DLO case us probably the closet thing to the BlackBerry OEM holster. Seidio makes one, but I don't like the styling.

Quote Originally Posted by ripperj View Post
    I'm in the same boat, my BB 8800 in the OEM holster was great-very easy to one-hand in and out.
    I have the DLO holster listed above and it is very nice and looks great, but you need two hands to minimize the possibility of launching the iphone onto the floor. (it has a cutout on the bottom to push the phone out with.)

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can pull my iPhone out of the DLO case with one hand, no problem. I use my thumb and index finger to pull it out. The DLO case us probably the closet thing to the BlackBerry OEM holster. Seidio makes one, but I don't like the styling.

Now that my leather DLO is softening up it is much easier to get out one handed, but I ordered the Innocase II combo based on reviews. I was going to get the Otterbox defender, but it is a bit too much protection. I had one for my BB 8800 and it was bullet proof, but looked like I should be in camo

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Food 4 Thought when purchasing a case for the iPhone.

Back when the 3G was released, tear-downs showed that there are two antenna's in the phone. One is at the bottom where the original iPhone antennas is located. The other at the top of the back of the 3G. Metal would block signal to the top. The Touch doesn't have a GPS nor cell antenna.

The iPod Touch isn't completely metal. You'll notice the top, right rear corner is plastic. There's the wi-fi antenna. On the first generation iPhones, both the cell and wifi are located at the bottom under the plastic. All this is verifiable online in tear-down pictures.

So a rubberized case may prove better than anything else.

I just purchased another seidio combo case. It's great if you need a belt clip and if you don't it slides in and out of your pockets great.

Last edited by srl7741; 07-12-2009 at 03:30 PM.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I'm still carrying around my iPhone naked. I need to jump on some protection. It just looks so pretty and slim with nothing on it.