Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by Amigotek hehehehehe....... On a side note, I put my hands on the ... Apple iPhone forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    hehehehehe.......

On a side note, I put my hands on the dummy yesterday after recieving notification that we were going to be allowed to sell it in our store.
    Thanks for your excellent "Initial Impressions" report on the G1. I do find HTC as a hardware maker, quite good at what they do. From my perspective this is a very exciting project, since technically Google is not putting their name on this phone, or any of the many upcoming "G Phones". I have been following this project for some time and it's a very compelling story to follow. As a big proponent of open source, (I'm writing this from my Ubuntu 8.04.1 powered ThinkPad T-60) a software / hardware engineer, I am very eager to get my hands on the G1 that I have ordered.
    As a side note I've been involved as a developer in the "Openmoko" project, a linux based mobile phone that resides in the same market space as Android.

Openmoko and Openmoko Wiki

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone know the full price?

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Sticking to My BB! Didn't leave when the iPhone came out & I'm not going to be tempted to leave for a G1.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

p8ntballa no está en línea Stack level 2
    The home screen is nice and it seems like a great move for htc. The only problem is that almost all of there problens are chinzy feeling and cheap. I got to play with the new htc fuse (the replacement for the 8925 and it felt just as cheap as my 8525. The reason I love my 8820 is how high quality the fit and finish is and how stable all my programs are. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntballa View Post
    The reason I love my 8820 is how high quality the fit and finish is and how stable all my programs are. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree 100%.
    For clarification, in NO WAY am I endorsing the G1 as a BlackBerry replacement. On a scale of 1 to 10, the G1 is a 1, and the BlackBerry...any model BlackBerry is a solid 10. Period. No contest!

My only point in discussing the G1 is simply from the standpoint of "another phone", but I would not even suggest one of these to a Non-BlackBerry user. 1) G1 is too new and not fully de-bugged. 2) Designed for a different market, a different user.

I've owned a massive number of mobile phones of all types, and nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to the fun experience of a BlackBerry. It just works, is reliable, high quality, bug free.

Cheers

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Very well put my man!

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I agree 100%.
    For clarification, in NO WAY am I endorsing the G1 as a BlackBerry replacement. On a scale of 1 to 10, the G1 is a 1, and the BlackBerry...any model BlackBerry is a solid 10. Period. No contest!

My only point in discussing the G1 is simply from the standpoint of "another phone", but I would not even suggest one of these to a Non-BlackBerry user. 1) G1 is too new and not fully de-bugged. 2) Designed for a different market, a different user.

I've owned a massive number of mobile phones of all types, and nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to the fun experience of a BlackBerry. It just works, is reliable, high quality, bug free.

Cheers

nicklinn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    I think the G1 is awesome, But funny how it now is taking a cellphone with an OPEN OS to show people the power of open source OS's.
    Gosh the G1 is by no means the first and certainly won't be the last Linux based phone. A ton of Mot's phones use Linux. You would be truly surprised how pervasive Linux is in the embedded world.

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    Am I the only one who finds the G1 aesthetically appalling?

It's a little more acceptable in black, but the white is horrendous!

I guess it's just seems a shame to put such a great, feature-packed phone into such an ugly casing.

Well, at least it's got a great personality!!

Or is it just me?

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    i was thinking about getting one and switching back and forth from my bb and the g1 but i want a data plan for both of them but when i was speaking to a tmo rep(correct me if im wrong) but she said that you cant have two data plans at the same time or just a general data plan for both. but my friend has an iphone on tmo and he has a general data plan. so im confused about that one. does anyone one know how the data plans work on tmo?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The bigger problem is going to probably be with the BB device. I haven't had my training on the G1 yet (happens tomorrow morning) but I don't think the G1 requires a specialized server to connect to the internet. I will bring it up during the webinar. There will be others that will probably have the same question.

Zo

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784
    Anybody have prices for a basic plan on the G1?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

I assume you mean data plans...

25.00= unlimited data with 400 sms,mms
    35.00= unlimited data & sms,mms

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784
    Still......tempting, thanks.

Has anyone considered the unlimited BB data plan $50 vs. The G1 $35?

Assuming the listed price above for the G1 data is accurate.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't know... Sure BB phones are usually more expensive and maybe their plans as well, but I think that the BB experience is one of a kind. You cannot compare it with any other phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    At the moment, you are correct! But The G1 has to cause some concern though, for the big companies(RIM,Nokia,Apple), because it packs so many features and much functionality in an inexpensive package! The things it can and will be able do for just $180!!!In these tough economic times, that sounds great to me! and i'm not alone. It truly represents more than just a phone.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast