Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Read the 3 Page Article here.... Apple iPhone forum

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C

G1 vs IPhone

Advertisement

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good find. I work for a TMO dealer and I know alot of us are waiting to get the G1 in to try it out. Im still debating on if I want to get rid of my BB for it though

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    For me there is no debate.. Im sticking with BB.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can still keep my BB and switch between the 2 I just like that with the open OS anyone can create applications for it also the home screen is fully customizable without having to download themes

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I am thinking about getting one for my wife. She has been complaining that the screen on her slide is too small for internet use and wants a bigger screen. Got to get one in her hands before she makes a final decision though. Thankfully I am an independent dealer so I may be able to do that with minimal cost. I personally could not get away from my BB.

Zo

Fast240Z no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm pretty torn between another BB and the G1 myself. I currently have the Pearl, but due to it's low memory capacity and tendency to restart/freeze, I'm going to switch phones fairly soon.

I was thinking either the Javelin, Storm, or Bold, but after seeing the G1 and what it can do...I'm pretty conflicted. I like the stability of a Blackberry, and I currently work in a job where I'm dealing with clients and BES adminstration, so it's handy to have, but the G1 looks slick.

The fact that the OS is based on Linux, I'm assuming the compatibility for applications will be great, as well as the fact that someone eventually is going to find a way to reverse engineer something to make the phone do so much more than it was designed to do.

But...we will see...I want to see the G1 first before I make the jump.

Check out dub tmonews dot com and androidcommunity dot com for more information on the G1.
    Last edited by Fast240Z; 09-26-2008 at 02:17 PM.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I think the G1 is awesome, But funny how it now is taking a cellphone with an OPEN OS to show people the power of open source OS's.

lilpimpmomo no está en línea Stack level 1
    It looks funky. Its like a touch screen sidekick lol

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is this the Google Phone?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Yes. It is the new Android based Google phone aka G1 (a lot of thought went into that name lol).

Zo

guitarfreak846 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really can't decide what I want...the G1 or wait longer for Javelin...I have a feeling I might go for the G1 once I read reviews. Whatever it takes...I'm NOT getting an iPhone ever.

bigtrell no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME!!
    My Man! Im Not Gettin A Iphone Either. I Like The Phone Dont Get Me Wrong Its Sexy, But At The Same Time, I Dont Like Typing On That Screen. So The Keypad Comes In Handy. Im Keeping My Berry, Im Gonna Use It For Biznez, But Im Reallllly Considering The G1.
    STAY PHOKUZED!!!!
    WWW.WEMIX.COM/4711
    CHECK OUT PHOKUZ (FOCUS)
    WEMIX.COM'S TOP ARTIST!

yesimag no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ya my roommate is going for the G1 around the end of the year. He'll have to pay $170 for it through tmo. I'm definately interested in the fact that it runs on linux. Being a linux user and developer myself I can think of a number of handy things I could code to make my life easier. However this is not the first case of embedded linux by far... And just because it runs on open source software doesn't mean you'll have access to everything. Often times the drivers which handle device calls are written in compiled code so you won't have full access. This is done to idiot-proof things and keep people from crashing/bricking their device and driving tech support crazy.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Yes. It is the new Android based Google phone aka G1 (a lot of thought went into that name lol
    I'm still having trouble remembering how to spell it...LMAO
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    hehehehehe.......

On a side note, I put my hands on the dummy yesterday after recieving notification that we were going to be allowed to sell it in our store. Just based off the design of the dummy:
    1. Overall design of the unit looks nice. It is flat and straight until it gets to the end of the LCD where the housing then curves inwards to match the natural curve of your hand to make it easier to use and hold upright in one hand.
    2. Possibly because of the inward curve, the LCD angles outward and then back in when sliding upwards. I haven't seen a phone use this style of slide yet. It reminds me of a car door that is designed to angle up instead of open normally (like a modded car).
    3. The keypad reminds me of the Motorola Sidekick Slide keypad in it's size and shape without the protruding "bubble keys" that are signature of the slide. Not sure how well the spacing and level of the keys are going to affect actual use. Need to go back and talk to one of my buddies and get a live unit in my hand to determine that.
    4. Trackball is positioned nicely and raised to be high enough not to tap a key while using it. It appears to use the housing around the keys as the ring that holds it in place. I am curious if it is using the Sidekick design on the trackball.

Zo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast