Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 So Hayden.....I currently own the Bold 9000 and am excited for ... Apple iPhone forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    So Hayden.....I currently own the Bold 9000 and am excited for the Bold 2/onyx to arrive. I had owned a iPod touch for a few years and was going to get the iPhone but went with the Bold instead. I am greatful that I had made this choice because it would have been the 2nd Gen iPhone. Now the 3Gs is availible I want it....lol. Do you feel that I will be satisfied with the 3rd Gen iPod touch and a new BB Bold 2/Onyx or should I just get the 3Gs? You seem very knowledgable about this so I figured I would ask
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Hope you don't mind me cutting in LOL

But like Hayden said, it's all preference, before I got my 3GS, I was debating on getting the Bold as well....but I thought to myself "I know for a fact that I WILL like the Bold, it's a BlackBerry and it's gorgeous....BUT, my my iPod Touch is way cool and the iPhone seems to have evolved into a dynamite smartphone, So...why not 'try' it out, and if I don't like it, I can always switch to a phone I KNOW I will like....like the BlackBerry Bold" Well, I went with the 3GS, and just like the sales rep at Apple said would happen, I have yet to return it

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Thanks srl I miss that little Pearl

neorabid - Yeah, customization is the one thing the iPhone is missing, but there are ways around that Jailbreak....
    Ive been jailbroken since day one, been an avid promoter of the phone but the level of customization as opposed to the android platform is like night and day.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

neorabid - Really? How so? I'm curious

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hey Hayden Welcome to the darkside! Lol! I swapped about two weeks ago now.
    Sitting on 104 apps and still have 9.5 gig available.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

footcan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think that I'm going to break down and jump into the iphone world as well. I've had my pearl for 2-1/2 years and although it is looking VERY beatup, it has been an awesome device. I've had 3 different BB's since I came over from the motorola MPX200 5 years ago and I've been pretty happy overall. However, I've been waiting for BB to wow me with a new device to replace my pearl but it doesn't seem like its going to happen anytime soon. I've been playing with the wife's iphone and have to admit that it has a lot to offer. My question is has anybody gone to iphone and then come back to BB...and why?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've been wanting one for a while now. All this talk and all these apps have convinced me to see what I've been missing. My new 3G will be here at the end of Oct. Hope I like it like I think I will.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Last edited by chokem; 09-23-2009 at 01:48 PM.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by footcan View Post
    I think that I'm going to break down and jump into the iphone world as well. I've had my pearl for 2-1/2 years and although it is looking VERY beatup, it has been an awesome device. I've had 3 different BB's since I came over from the motorola MPX200 5 years ago and I've been pretty happy overall. However, I've been waiting for BB to wow me with a new device to replace my pearl but it doesn't seem like its going to happen anytime soon. I've been playing with the wife's iphone and have to admit that it has a lot to offer. My question is has anybody gone to iphone and then come back to BB...and why?
    Why don't you ask "Cherri chiodo" I thin she was bb then switch to iPhone and went back to bb
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    neorabid - Really? How so? I'm curious
    you can run linux... nuf said, lol.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

neo - Hey! I'll take that

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yeah plus everything is open source, so making tweaks and programs are MUCH easier because of this. By customization I meant root level access, like below the surface stuff. The good stuff
    Quotes to live by:

footcan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    Why don't you ask "Cherri chiodo" I thin she was bb then switch to iPhone and went back to bb
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    Thanks evo, I think I will. BTW do you miss your BB? I must admit that I'm afraid I'm going to miss all the tinkering with the applications, taking it apart, putting it back together and all those other things that we do to make them our own.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I think I may try it one day, but not right now
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    I think I may try it one day, but not right now
    My Famous last words were "I MAY get an iPod Touch but I would Never own an iPhone." And I copped flak from all my iPhone owning friends (especially my Sister in Law who had to hear most of my excuses) the day I got my 3Gs lol!

But like Hayden was saying earlier as well, the first iPhone (and the earlier OS on the 3G) just didn't suit me or what I wanted from a Smartphone. And to be honest I was a bit disappointed at first when Pinstack was no longer exclusively BB. But now I'm singing a different tune. I'm really glad that we embraced all the platforms and still have the same sense of Community that we always had.

Though probably the BEST thing I've found since getting my iPhone..... and BB owners please forgive me for saying this... is that I don't have to hear/fell my alert for EVERY. SINGLE. EMAIL. lol! I'm a member of one forum and I made the mistake of setting the notification to "Instant" because I like to be up to date on all the discussions. I got 15 emails back to back one day at work, I actually got frustrated and took my Bold out of the Holster and put it on my desk so I wouldn't have to feel it constantly going off. So having a short break, and only one notification for even multiple emails is good for me at this stage in life.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

bstroke no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Lightbulb hayden

i have bold so u mean 2 tell me iphone better dad just got the iphone last week

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I'll just say that the Bold is an Awesome device, but my iPhone 3Gs suits my needs and wants better at this stage in life.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast