Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by hayden Yup I cant put it down! I'm interested in knowing how ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Yup I cant put it down!
    I'm interested in knowing how you feel when you pick the BB back up and use it for a few different tasks?
    How do you feel about the BB UI?
    Do you get the feeling it's time for a change? (RIM's OS menu navigation).

How has the keyboard change been? It took me a few weeks to get comfortable.
    Last edited by srl7741; 09-20-2009 at 07:29 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I like textfree-lite but there is a limit to the number of texts (15) and I send more than 15 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm interested in knowing how you feel when you pick the BB back up and use it for a few different tasks?

I picked up an iPod Touch a couple weeks ago and while it's not the iPhone, it sure feels like it LOL

When I pick my 8120 back up to make a phone call or text, I feel like I've gone back to 2003 when I got my first BB that had a phone built in, which was the 7730.

The BB UI needs a facelift. Like I said above, I feel like I'm thrown back to 2003.

I find that I am typing faster than on a physical keyboard. I still make mistakes when typing on the iPod Touch but I'm getting better every day. I've also played with a friend's Storm and it was slow as heck to type on. The option to use the keyboard in landscape or portrait (like the Storm) is much better. I don't aggravate my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome as often as opposed to the BlackBerry's I have used which only offered portrait keyboards.

If T-Mobile ever got the iPhone (when will this happen???) I might pick it up if I don't get the HTC Touch Pro 2 first.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

To be honest I forgot I even own a BB till you just mentioned. Its still in the orange AT&T bag packed away in the closet. I will let you know if I grap sometime because I need something from it. but I have all my contacts and besides BBM I can't think of anything that I'll need that can't be done on my 3GS. However, I can think of reasons and features that's iPhone exclusive.

As for typing, I must say the Storm gave touch-screen typing an unfair bad wrap for me. On the other had the iPhone learns as you type so my speed has increased tremendously in 3 days, there is also no need to press the screen twice or even depress it, which I'm learning is a PLUS. The keys are huge when compared to a qwerty keypad (esp in dial pad mode) and in landscape mode its even bigger. Still I type most in portrait mode so I must be comfortable.

Still to date my iPhone is yet to freeze, crash or slow down...not even slightly. Everything is sooo... noticeably instant! Keeping fingers crossed as it will take about 15 - 30 days before I'm 100% sold.

I love that I can stay logged my IM accounts even after closing the app. As many of the apps return to last view when closed and reopened. Not sure I've I'll jailbreak until after 30 days so as to have a fair view of the out-of-the-box experience.

BTW I installed the PinStack App ok so please recheck that UDID I'm HOPING there is some error there. If not we will pick up on Monday.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I just gave it another try (install). It gave me the same error
    but I somehow managed to click threw it and get it
    installed.

More in the Beta thread.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok I was searching the app store for a screenshot solution. Found out its built in. Sweet.

...and it's super easy. Whenever you're on a screen you want to capture, just press the square button at the bottom of your iPhone and the power/standby button at the same time. (Don't press and hold the buttons, just a quick click). You'll hear and see the screen capture. (auto saved in Photos)

I wanted to post a few screen shots... brb

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    To be honest I forgot I even own a BB till you just mentioned. Its still in the orange AT&T bag packed away in the closet. I will let you know if I grap sometime because I need something from it. but I have all my contacts and besides BBM I can't think of anything that I'll need that can't be done on my 3GS. However, I can think of reasons and features that's iPhone exclusive.

LOL Hayden. I had the same reaction as you until I remembered I still needed a cell phone for calls and texts. I'm still debating dropping my BIS plan and just using the BB for texting and calls. I have my contacts, email addresses, etc on the Touch.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Your Storm touch screen experience reminds me of mine. I had owned the iPhone before getting to use the first Storm. When I picked up the Storm for the first time and used it my jaw dropped (i posted about that in another thread). I was shocked, I had no idea and for some reason expected it to be more like the iPhone. I guess I missed that when reading about the Storm's screen.
    Anyway, needless to say I was disappointed and it felt clunky and just did not seem like I thought a touch screen should be.
    So I can see how you drew that conclusion. I had to same feeling but in reverse. They really are much different but a person may never know unless they use each one. I will say 3.0 and up has been much different than the 2 dot versions. I can even tell a difference in the 3G and the GS. With each there has been a noticeable difference in performance.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I did the switch as well, just for a 1yr contract on AT&T. The iPhone is an awesome device, you do see yourself strapped to it at times and cant let it go. For me that only lasted 6months, im finally letting it sit for more then 1hr at a time. Still miss my BB, but the 3G HSDPA network works alot faster then my 3G CDMA/EVDO 8830WE on verizon did. HTML webpages makes the whole world a difference.
    Still debating on weither or not to go back to the BB and get the Tour or a Bold.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I had a BlackBerry Pearl (8100)..and I LOVED that thing, it was the best phone I had ever had, I designed my own theme for it, I had the disco trackball going strong and some very cools apps as well...it was (still is actually) beautiful and I took care of it, it still looks brand new. I had the chance to get an iPhone (1st gen) before I got my BlackBerry, but from what I had read (as well as hands on learning) about the iPhone, it seemed VERY limted to what it can do, so I got the BlackBerry. AGAIN, I had the chance to get an iPhone (2nd gen), but after some research (as well as hands on learning), I once again felt the iPhone wasn't all it was supposed to be...But when the 3GS was announced, I did what any nerd would do and I started reasearching it and watching video demos and such...and well, I felt the iPhone had reached a level in which it would be exactly what it was ALWAYS expected to be...So I got it, and I'm glad to say, I LOVE IT!!! But, but..I still miss my BlackBerry, it was lovely to have.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    I had a BlackBerry Pearl (8100)..and I LOVED that thing, it was the best phone I had ever had, I designed my own theme for it, I had the disco trackball going strong and some very cools apps as well...it was (still is actually) beautiful and I took care of it, it still looks brand new. I had the chance to get an iPhone (1st gen) before I got my BlackBerry, but from what I had read (as well as hands on learning) about the iPhone, it seemed VERY limted to what it can do, so I got the BlackBerry. AGAIN, I had the chance to get an iPhone (2nd gen), but after some research (as well as hands on learning), I once again felt the iPhone wasn't all it was supposed to be...But when the 3GS was announced, I did what any nerd would do and I started reasearching it and watching video demos and such...and well, I felt the iPhone had reached a level in which it would be exactly what it was ALWAYS expected to be...So I got it, and I'm glad to say, I LOVE IT!!! But, but..I still miss my BlackBerry, it was lovely to have.
    Post of the Day, very well said.

I closely monitored the changes and when they met my needs i parked the original Pearl and Bold.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    So Hayden.....I currently own the Bold 9000 and am excited for the Bold 2/onyx to arrive. I had owned a iPod touch for a few years and was going to get the iPhone but went with the Bold instead. I am greatful that I had made this choice because it would have been the 2nd Gen iPhone. Now the 3Gs is availible I want it....lol. Do you feel that I will be satisfied with the 3rd Gen iPod touch and a new BB Bold 2/Onyx or should I just get the 3Gs? You seem very knowledgable about this so I figured I would ask
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thats the thing about smartphones. When the iPhone first came out there was no way it could meet my needs. Now it surpasses it. The thing is every user is different so what works for me may not for you. For some it will not be the iPhone or BB that meets their expectations and desires, but it may be Android, Palm, Nokia or WM.

So make sure to post your thoughts here on PinStack because we are still ALL smartphone users at the end of the day! Threads like these will help inform us about our growing list of smartphone options.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I find myself switching between my G1 and iPhone now a days, the G1 offers total customization but lacks the support that the iPhone has. Once I have my website running off my phone I will know what phone I will be happy with , I can live without itunes and my iPhone (which I wouldnt have been able to say up until a few weeks ago) but I dont ever see myself parting with it. I guess because with the help of myself and a few other people we have turned so many people onto the iPhone that it has lost its luster that it once had (lol its mainstream on here now, idk ) today I have my iPhone but tomorrow I think will go back to the Droid and help build up the community here.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Thanks srl I miss that little Pearl

neorabid - Yeah, customization is the one thing the iPhone is missing, but there are ways around that Jailbreak....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast