Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Day 1 here Days 2 Big issues with the iPhone = 0 (Could say BBM ... Apple iPhone forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

From BlackBerry to iPhone (Day 2) - Apps and more Apps!

Advertisement

Day 1 here

Days 2
    Big issues with the iPhone = 0 (Could say BBM but unlimited SMS with the iPhone's chat-style GUI + Beejive IM and I'm always connected so it's missing yes but contrary to what I thought, its not an issue)

Minor issues = Couldn't find how to sort the 28 Apps I downloaded on the first day. Quick voice search using the Google app revealed that I just had to hold the App icon a few seconds to enter move/shaky mode (duh!)

Apps list as of today:
    Amazon
    Fandango
    BeejiveIM
    Bump
    Dictionary.com app
    Fackbook (PC acess = history)
    Fling
    Google (Voice search)
    Google Earth (wow)
    LinkedIn
    myWireless (At&T account control = a lot less calls or visits to store)
    Pandora
    Shazam
    The Weather channel (Is this the same WC developers? kudos)
    TrackerLite (track DHL, Fedex, USPS, UPS all on one screen)
    Kayak (since this was pretty much my only stop for booking flights... PC access = history)
    Urbanspoon (Hungry? Launch app, shake device and then depth of the app hits you) very useful
    BankofAmerica = (PC access = history)
    Paypal = (PC access = history)
    Checkplease (tip calc)
    Mint
    Sandstorm (for travel/waiting rooms)
    Assassin's Creed (for travel/waiting rooms)
    GD Swarm
    Paper Toss (want to see what the hype was about)
    PinStack App for Smartphone (best for last)
    Documents to Go
    Speedtest.net - Kbps: AT&T 3G = 490 Down/189 Up NICE! - WiFi = 980 Down/ 2505 up (reversed? on 8Mb Wifi connection)
    Whitepages
    A2z Pro

So far absolutely NO sign of slowing as apps are installed to device. Which is good.

Unlocking device with password is finally easy and don't have to retry two or 3 times when walking.

Device Stats
    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Storage= 13.1GB available
    Apps = 30
    OS = 3.1
    Carrier = AT&T
    Drops = 0

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    WOW Hayden...you made the switch huh?? Good deal. Glad to see you enjoying it...I surely am

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thats cool hayden you're one of us now!!! Lol now are you gonna remain stock or you going to jailbreak?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's nice to hear these things. Remember Spotlight search, it's handy when the screens seem full. First screen swipe (left) begin to enter text and launch. iTunes will also allow you to organize Apps on the screen and actually move pages. Page 2 can be moved to Page 5 etc. So it's a mass move of Apps rather than one App icon at a time.

How has WiFi been? Going from one hotspot to another is nice. It's automatic and remembers where you have been.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Im glad you're enjoying your iPhone Hayden. I surely love mine. Beejive
    works excellent on here. MobileMe gives me the push email that I love. I got use
    to the all touchscreen really quick. I couldn't imagine not having an iPhone at this point.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    Thats cool hayden you're one of us now!!! Lol now are you gonna remain stock or you going to jailbreak?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    I like that, "remain stock.." That a true tuner talk to me. 240sx fast back SR20 Here. BTW hayden with the iphone?? Let is know whats up. I been playing with the iphone for a while now thru some friends who have one. Pretty solid phone.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Ahhh...

You've joined the DARK SIDE!!! Welcome! I see you have a few Apps that I don't that I need to look into! The iPhone to me is like Crystal Meth to a Meth Head! I am truly addicted!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup I cant put it down!

Yup I've added a few more apps:
    StateFarm
    Google Earth
    TV.com
    Scribble Lite
    Text+

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You guys keep it up and I am going to have to find a way to get it where I am. I will probably have to settle for the touch and keep my BB but I love reading all the input from y'all and seeing just what is out there that I can't get....

PIN/ID
    3G
    MCB...when you do get it, you'll have to reserve hours upon hours of free time just to toy around with it! You'll be instantly overwhelmed by it!

PIN/ID
    3G
    I just downloaded that iCam App!!! Sweet!!! It is amazing!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I got the iPod Touch 2 weeks ago Friday and it's just like having the iPhone but without the phone and texting. I don't miss the lag and other problems of the blackberry at all. I loaded it with apps, games and music and have had a few wifi hang ups but that's it. I don't think I'll go back to a blackberry after owning this and the HTC Touch Pro 2. Only thing missing is an app launcher for the iPod Touch like the iPhone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C145 Safari/528.16

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    One question though. What free texting application is recommended for the iPod Touch?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C145 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Free App or Free to text after getting the App?
    Free to text:
    http://appshopper.com/social-network...free-unlimited

Free App:
    http://appshopper.com/social-networking/textfree-lite

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wow, I love this thread! lol. I must admit I'm more of an iPhone addict than I ever was for BB. I need to put it down now before I start running late for work lol

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast