I keep getting these invites to get a free iPhone - from places like your ... Apple iPhone forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

FREE iPhone Offers - Are they for real?

Advertisement

I keep getting these invites to get a free iPhone - from places like your free iPhone.com for instance...

Of course, I need to complete an "offer" But are these kinds of things legit? Can't be that easy now can it?

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'll sell ya a Brand new one.....16 gig 3g white....check out my post

http://forums.pinstack.com/f261/wts_jailbroken_unlocked_white_16g_3g_iphone-110932/
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm pretty sure NO one is giving away iphones.....i mean it's apple!
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Too good to be true. Used to be "Get an iPod for free". I'd avoid it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Most of them are just scams. They want you to complete some impossible "offer" or contract. Leo Laporte was talking about them not too long ago. He said it's pretty much a con.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    They're realish. If you go in knowing you have to complete offers that require your money then you won't be surprised. However if you're expecting it 100% free you'll be disappointed.

There are some pure scam sites out there, but there are several legit ones that need you to complete offers. It's not free, but it'll end up being anywhere from 50-75% off of the MSRP which is quite a discount. My buddy got his older ipod video this way, and I've gotten 360 games with sites like this. I usually have to pay a little to get the 360 game, but it's never more than $10 and it's for a brand new $60 game.

So basically, there's no truly 'free' iphones and such but there are quite a few legit sites out there that will still net you a huge discount after all's said and done.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Just be careful and really, really read ALL the fine print. If it is a legit site they should have plenty of it.
    If its a scam, they'll want your bank account or other personal info so they can "give" you the phone. Don't give out that info.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can't seriously believe you can get a free iPhone (or PS3 or TV or whatever) just be filling out some crap on some web sites? These are scams pure and simple. If you even contemplate they are legit, sure, go ahead and jump through the hoops, you DESERVE more spam and your identity stolen and your bank accounts compromised and your credit cards run up. Sheesh...

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    hey, dgburns, it was a question - don't need your smart *** remarks