Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Srl, I have to agree with ur comment about bb releasing alot of phones that ... Apple iPhone forum

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Srl,
    I have to agree with ur comment about bb releasing alot of phones that w/ only minor feature differences. Unfortunately there are several diff bb's on the market and they are essentially the same. This is probably apart of the allure of the iphone--there is only one and it has many useful features.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by taynepope View Post
    Srl,
    I have to agree with ur comment about bb releasing alot of phones that w/ only minor feature differences. Unfortunately there are several diff bb's on the market and they are essentially the same. This is probably apart of the allure of the iphone--there is only one and it has many useful features.
    I remember when I was jealous that a BB user on an exchange could have perfect synchronization with their email, contacts, and calendar. It was, and still is, a great solid system. You add a calendar date on your BB and it shows up on your desktop when you get to the office. Now with the iPhone, I can make a change anywhere between my home computer, work computer, or the iPhone and they all stay in perfect sync. This was huge for me and still is.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe View Post
    I remember when I was jealous that a BB user on an exchange could have perfect synchronization with their email, contacts, and calendar. It was, and still is, a great solid system. You add a calendar date on your BB and it shows up on your desktop when you get to the office. Now with the iPhone, I can make a change anywhere between my home computer, work computer, or the iPhone and they all stay in perfect sync. This was huge for me and still is.
    I think that is what started my frustration, my BB was using exchange also and it was nice. Then i started asking why can't my home computer do the same. That is a great perk, no doubt about it.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's been two days now and I thought I would post an update on the battery issues or lack of i guess.

My old 3G would be taken off the charger @6:30 am and hit the 20% red zone with a message by 10:00 PM.

My new 3GS was taken off the charger @6:30 am and was at 51% still at 10:00 pm.

I would say that is an improvement.

Finally

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    It's been two days now and I thought I would post an update on the battery issues or lack of i guess.

My old 3G would be taken off the charger @6:30 am and hit the 20% red zone with a message by 10:00 PM.

My new 3GS was taken off the charger @6:30 am and was at 51% still at 10:00 pm.

I would say that is an improvement.

Finally
    I am having simillar results....great improvement!!

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe View Post
    I am having simillar results....great improvement!!
    FYI, to see the percentage of battery remaining on your iPhone 3G S (and only the 3G S -- it won't appear on previous models), go to Settings -> General -> Usage. Turn on "Battery Percentage" and enjoy the precision.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    fyi beejive works on 3.0 no differences bewteen that and the other version. No problems for me and I am on 3gs too

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    great info guys. battery life is important to all smartphones users. thanks for the updates

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow iPhone usage on Boingo at 94%

FYI, here's a telling story about how the iPhone has transformed wi-fi usage at airports in just two short years. The numbers are astounding.

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/23/iphon...-access-study/

PIN/ID
    Retired
    With all the wait times and how the airline industry works I can see how the numbers get that high. What better way to keep your self from going nutZ.

Good article.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12