Apple Releases iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3G ppl wanting to JB ... Apple iPhone forum

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3

Firmware Update

Advertisement

Apple Releases iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3G

ppl wanting to JB their phones dont update to this firmware till further notice

Just got this from Redmond

Note: Except for iPhone 4, all iPhone jailbreakers and unlockers are highly recommended to stay away from this release. This release contains new baseband 05.13.05 which will not work with ultrasn0w 0.93. If you rely on an unlock and updated to this firmware now, you will lose your unlock for God knows how long. You have been warned!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Just updated, and NOT liking the new signal bars they look like they're running off the screen....will take some getting used to, but other than, no big difference

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    My daughter just upgraded to the new firmware, she is not getting her calls or her sms texts. When she calls someone she drops midway through. The bars are showing 1 or less. What's going on here!!!!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't care for the new appearance either. IDK? but they are fugly looking for some reason

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    4.0.1 is Jailbreakable, but no UNLOCK AS FOR NOW.

3G ONLY

So if you are on an official carrier such as ATT, you can Jailbreak it.

Update iTunes to 9.2

Update iPhone to 4.0

Download redsnow 9.5

Download ipsw 4.0 8A923

Links below

iOS 4.0.1 has been released for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G. While the iPhone 4 and 3GS users will have to wait for a new jailbreak tool, iPhone 3G users who doesn’t rely on an unlock can jailbreak their phone on iOS 4.0.1 using Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. Again, this is strictly for iPhone 3G only. If you rely on ultrasn0w carrier unlock, DO NOT update to iOS 4.0.1 until further notice.

Step 1: Download iOS 4.0 for your version of iPhone. Download links are posted here.

Step 2: Update to this latest firmware using the IPSW file you just downloaded via iTunes 9.2.

Step 3: Start Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 (download link given below) and point it to iOS 4 (Final Version), and not iOS 4.0.1 firmware file to proceed with the jailbreak.

Step 4: Now select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.

Step 5: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.

Step 6: Connect your device in recovery mode by pressing the Power and buttons continuously.

At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will have to quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.

Step 7: Sit back and enjoy while redsn0w will do all the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone and/or iPod touch will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken on the latest iOS 4.1 firmware.

3G 4.0 8A923 FW

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TK8ZUXHB

REDSN0W WINDOWS

http://rapidshare.com/files/40393602...5b5-5.zip.html

REDSN0W MAC

http://rapidshare.com/files/40393513...5b5-5.zip.html
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by sooner; 07-16-2010 at 01:39 PM.

iLord is DEAD!

Ha , had a 1004 error while trying to do the firmware update. Trying again
    Last edited by three3peat; 07-16-2010 at 01:23 PM.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I found out but dont know why that you can not point it to FW 4.0.1, you have to point it to FW 4.0 8A923

YOU CAN GET IT HERE http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TK8ZUXHB

It worked for me, now Im gonna test what apps are up to date for the 4.x series.
    Last edited by sooner; 07-16-2010 at 01:37 PM.

iLord is DEAD!

Well i have the Iphone 4 and I figured out why i couldnt do it . I had edited the Host file for my 3gs a while ago .
    Thing is I didnt have any signal problems when i got the phone and now with the new update Im losing bars even with bumper on

Hey sooner is that the original os that came with Iphone 4 in that link
    Last edited by three3peat; 07-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.