Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Still in Italy, and I was attempting to lock into a WiFi area. I think. ... Apple iPhone forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Error 21 on my iPhoine 4S ! Help me guys ...!

Advertisement

Still in Italy, and I was attempting to lock into a WiFi area. I think.
    The phone went dead. Home screen was the typical picture you get to activate it on iTunes. I Connected it to iTunes. iTunes suggested a restore, (remember it was a JB phone), and I did. Loads the software and when it gets to the stage of applying I get Error 21.
    What gives ? Is there a cure, or did I, somehow, brick the Phone ?

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional
    Don't know if I am allowed to do this or not, but I found this on another site... will it help? I don't know if it works.. just was trying to search to help....... it doesn't' mention jailbreak tho

Check you are in DFU mode or not. This mode is a device firmware upgrade mode, so when you update or upgrade your iPhone, you need to ensure that you are in DFU mode. When your iPhone screen comes to black although it completely turned ON, then it simply means that you are in DFU mode. The operators have a right to go through the installed operating system or firmware, and to both download and upgrade the firmware. Recovery mode is different than DFU mode. So when the pop-out comes with this error – iTunes error 21, it becomes mandatory to ensure you are in the right mode.Now the question is how to go in DFU mode?
    1. You need to keep two buttons pressed at the same time: Home key and Power key
    2. You will get a notification that informs you to slide the bar to turn off. Just ignore it.
    3. If you see that the iPhone’s screen become back, then it means you are in DFU mode.
    4. At this time, your iTunes software would be disconnected from your iPhone device.
    5. Hold down on [COLOR=#0066FF !important]the home[/COLOR] key and let go of the power key. You also need to press down the home key until your device is gets connected by the iTunes software.
    6. And finally… when your Apple iPhone is in DFU mode, your screen would get black by doing this, and you can get rid of the iPhone error 21.
    7. Cheers…!
    Last edited by iNurse; 02-02-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: update
    Delfim likes this.
    :) iNurse :)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks. That was quick.
    Question: Point 5, The phone must not be connected to the PC ? Is this it ? And then connect o iTunes when I'm pressing he HOME button?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry iNurse nothing doin'.
    It goes through the stages but in Point 6 my screen doesn't go black. It stays there with the picture to connect to iTunes. It does, extracts, and bang Error 21.
    Damn...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I bet you can fix with Tiny Umbrella.
    Delfim and iNurse like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Gonna give it a try. Didn't think of that with all the commotion here ...
    Can yoi go further dear Rog ? Pretty please ...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just emailed you a link Del

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ok thanks will follow it of course...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well Tiny Umbrella is milling over and over. But if the bloody phone has´t got those ssh or whatever, I don't see anything happen...
    Heck, here in Italy nothing happens - can you believe download speeds of 128mbps - I'm gonna pack and wrap and wait until I get home...
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-03-2012 at 07:04 AM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Try downloading 5.0.1 directly then pointing the restore at the file you downloaded. Not the one downloaded from iTunes.

you can do it!! Don't get discouraged.. If any place can help you, it is here! Firm believer
    Delfim and chokem like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok got it to work with some bugs. Nevertheless it's functional. Tiny umbrella seems to have done the trick.
    I'll be getting home later this morning, so I'll be in a better place to further resolve these mishaps.
    Thanks guys. As usual PS is the only (and I repeat) the only site with buds that care.
    iNurse likes this.

YAYAYAYA!!!! Way to go del!!!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hope you get it worked out Del.
    Been thinking bout you and your family.

Good deal, Del. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast