Is 500mb enough data for a iphone? or should I have more. Thanks,... Apple iPhone forum

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3

Enough Data for iPhone?

Advertisement

Is 500mb enough data for a iphone? or should I have more.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 06-27-2009 at 12:22 AM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That will depend on what your going to use the phone for? It would not even be close for me b/c I download Apps and Music from iTunes.
    How do you plan on using the phone?
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-25-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I will be using the internet, email and texting. What do you think? Should I get at least 1g of data.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    I will be using the internet, email and texting. What do you think? Should I get at least 1g of data.
    The internet uses up a decent amount of data. So does the maps app and a few other usefull things so I'd definitely get as much as you can afford. I have unlimited data and use it a ton.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Retired
    When choosing a plan ask if your able to adjust it later if you find you not using it that way you thought? This may allow you to increase it or decrease the data plan without having penalties.

If you go over it can get expensive so be careful.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Better to have more than you needed. Go for unlimited and see how much you use it for the first month. You can always adjust your rate after you see your bill. WiFi use does not count towards your data bill count.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I would definitely try and get the inlimited. They're so many apps available that you might start using data more than you planned to.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    This is my opinion and I think almost every app for the iPhone need Internet most of my games needs a data for them to work good. Is your iPhone jailbroke? If so you gonna need a good data plan to trick out your phone ( unless you get wifi ) but yea I'll recomend to get the unlimited plan

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is a nice Chart that explains Data usage and shows you what you may need for Data.

Link

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ive owned my iphone since january and have been tethering to my laptop and have only managed to use 1.5 gb download and 92 mb uploaded. If you dont do any big time downloading of pictures and music you should be ok with 500mb a month. You have to be on wifi if your downloading anything big, unless your on youtube 24/7 you should not come anywhere near the 500mb limit.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    ive owned my iphone since january and have been tethering to my laptop and have only managed to use 1.5 gb download and 92 mb uploaded. If you dont do any big time downloading of pictures and music you should be ok with 500mb a month. You have to be on wifi if your downloading anything big, unless your on youtube 24/7 you should not come anywhere near the 500mb limit.
    That makes me think of something too if you didn't know already. Wifi use doesn't count towards your network data use so if you're in areas where you have wifi access definitely use it.

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    So my question is do you really have a choice? Or is this an unlocked Iphone? With At&t there is only unlimited.