His AT&T contract doesn't end until after mine next year (mine ends in March 2010 ... Apple iPhone forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Dad And I Want iPhone

Advertisement

His AT&T contract doesn't end until after mine next year (mine ends in March 2010 and I think his ends sometime after then). We both want the iPhone. I have 2 lines so I may move my prepaid line to get the iPhone (unless I decide to switch my main number over and keep the prepaid line on T-Mobile) and he can just upgrade his phone. I may let him play with my iPod touch just to see if the iPhone is something he would like.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C145 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-29-2009 at 08:50 PM.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I would go for it.

But yeah, I would let your dad play with the Touch for a bit so he can get a feel for the keyboard...that's really the main thing, it takes some getting used to, I have a friend who can't stand using it LOL, but I personally don't mind and it's gotten much easier to use over time.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Buy a 2g or 3g to play around with first, they are cheap enough and if you dont like it you can always turn around and flip it, without changing anything towards your ATT contract. That way you know its what you want and your going to be happy with it.

Just my .02
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    Buy a 2g or 3g to play around with first, they are cheap enough and if you dont like it you can always turn around and flip it, without changing anything towards your ATT contract. That way you know its what you want and your going to be happy with it.

Just my .02
    I'm not on AT&T yet, but my dad is. If I decide I don't want the HTC Touch Pro 2, then I will port one of my numbers over to AT&T.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Thats not a problem if your on T-Mobile, just unlock the iPhone and use it to your hearts content.
    2G is super easy to unlock and jailbreak, 3G as of right now requires a Mac to jailbreak 3.1 so it would need to be 3.0.1 to use the jailbreak on it if you dont have access to a Mac, so that you can unlock it.

buying one off CL (craigslist) is definately going to be the easiest and usually least headache filled way of getting into an iPhone.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I agree with Neo.....the Craigslist thing would probably be the best idea at first, just to make sure he likes it. I'd really be surprised if he didn't though. I've been a BB addict for years and just recently picked up my first iPhone and good lawd......it's simply amazing how far ahead of the game Apple is with this device....and it's so simple, ya know??

I don't order electronics online. That's why I had the idea of letting him try my iPod Touch first.
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    craigslist is like a local classifieds ad, you can meet the people and test the device first. The feel of the ipod is different from iphone because of size and weight, but the input and OS are basically the same.
    Quotes to live by:

Just an update. Mom and I went to Apple store today and we will most likely be getting at least 1 of the 2 iPhones this December. I may have to wait until my contract is up but I will ask.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's good news

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    your mom, your dad, you and I want a damn Iphone. Maybe Santa will provide us with one this year or else he'll get a real beat down with my size 11 Timberlands. Grrrrrrrrrr!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

LOL my mom is the only one who doesn't want one yet.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I purchased my Mother one (she had an old flip phone) and now I can't get her off it. I get emails, txt and pictures all day long from her. She loves it. We laugh now b/c she did not want it and thought it would be too complicated plus she said she did not need all that "stuff".
    Well now all that "Stuff" is not "Stuff" anymore and she thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

My dad said the same thing your mom did until I was given my iPod Touch for my birthday earlier this month. First thing he said was "I want to see what it looks like when you have it all set up." I gotta teach my mom to type before I get her the iPhone though LOL

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    That's crazy..the other day I went over for dinner at my moms, I got a text from my buddy so I was reading it, my mom glanced over and said "is that your phone?". I told her yeah and proceeded to let her hold it, it took her about a minute just to figure out how to unlock it, she then tapped/opened my calendar and was like "oh no, that's too much for me, here" and she gave it back LOL