Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim

I would like to create an audio recording, of a speech, with my iPhone and ... Apple iPhone forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Creating an Audio Recording with my iPhone

Advertisement

I would like to create an audio recording, of a speech, with my iPhone and then convert it into an MP3 file that I can then place on my website. I have done a test recording, the conversion (it recorded as an MP4), and I have gotten it onto the website. The problem is, that I have to turn the speakers on my computer up really high to hear the end product. I am using the standard Voice Memo app that came with my phone and I am wondering if an app from the App Store would be better?? Or is there a cable that I can purchase that will connect into my phone that I can then plug into the sound board at the facility where the speech is taking place? It's a good (if old) system, but I don't know if getting a cable is an option. I see that there are a number of microphones that are compatible with smartphones, but I am not experienced enough with anything like that to know if something is quality or not. Does anyone have any suggestions or guidance?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There are a number of free converters online that you could use.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I think you can even do it from iTunes.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Or simply copy the original file and then alter the file extension of the copied file to .mp3 and see if that works. In most cases, it does.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am not having trouble with the conversion. It's the need to turn speakers WAY up after the fact to be able to hear what has been recorded. The actual conversion process is pretty simple.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Could be the stock iOS app then. My wife just informed me she had the same problem. She uses iRecorder Pro now and says she has no problems uploading a sound or music (she sings) file - all the qualities are maintained.
    TeriO likes this.