Is there any way of copywriting my intellectual property in an app? I have a ... Apple iPhone forum

rooster200883 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Copyright for Apps

Advertisement

Is there any way of copywriting my intellectual property in an app? I have a great idea for an app for a business that isn't mine, I would like to help them and make some money off it at the same time.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack! I'm sure there's a way to safeguard something like that, but I wouldn't have any idea how to go about it. Hopefully somebody else might be able to give you some guidance.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Of course there is, they easiest way for you to work with someone on an idea and protect it would be to sign a NDA or Non Disclosure Agreement between you and the person (or company) you will be sharing your idea with. As for safe guarding IP you can always patent it mind you your looking at upwards of $5k to obtain a patent lawyer and do the search and then it can take years for it to go through and might even get declined. Unless you invented something an NDA will be best for at least protecting your idea. But should someone violate the NDA the legal battle will be costly, best advice make sure you trust who you are going to work with! And seek expert lawyer advice prior.

Wish you the best of luck!

**(I am not a lawyer nor should this be taken as legal advice, just what I have learned in business dealings)
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

DanielJones no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster200883 View Post
    Is there any way of copywriting my intellectual property in an app? I have a great idea for an app for a business that isn't mine, I would like to help them and make some money off it at the same time.
    Hey rooster200883
    Sure you can copy-write properties and particular features in an app. But since you are building the app for third person there must be some clause for copywriting. Better consult some technical lawyer to make your idea patent.
    Hey! I am Daniel Jones, working in a web application development company as app developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, BlackBerry, Android and other mobile platforms.