Hello- I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 on AT&T, My PC is a Windows Vista ... Apple iPhone forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Copy Phone Book Contacts from Bold to Apple I Phone 32S

Advertisement

Hello-

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 on AT&T, My PC is a Windows Vista Ultimate, running Vista Ultimate. I need to know how to completely transfer my Phone Book, Email, ect on my Bold to the New I-Phone-

I am running the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 for the Bold-

My Email is Itsaraid@columbus.rr.com
    Blackberry Pin# 249E1702

Please contact me at the above-

Thank you,

Larry

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Also see: http://forums.pinstack.com/f214/copying_contacts_from_to_an_iphone_backberry-109883/

It may help with your question.

As for the email, when you set up an email account on the iPhone and open it the first time it will pull in all the current emails still setting on that account.
    On the iPhone go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select Add Account.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-23-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Jelly no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just switched last night. AT&T has a tool that can take your contacts out of the Bold, place them on the SIM card and then populate the iPhone. It was not perfect, but it dd get most everything I needed.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I have moved contacts using Outlook Express (yes, I know it is not available on Vista). You should be able to do this with Yahoo address book as well (not sure if iPhone supports Yahoo address book sync).

Zo

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    I just switched last night. AT&T has a tool that can take your contacts out of the Bold, place them on the SIM card and then populate the iPhone. It was not perfect, but it dd get most everything I needed.
    BBs (and most phones for that matter) are able to store contacts to the sim by default. There's no 'tool' needed other than the phone itself. I hope they didn't charge you for that

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    BBs (and most phones for that matter) are able to store contacts to the sim by default. There's no 'tool' needed other than the phone itself. I hope they didn't charge you for that
    Actually, BB's do not store contacts to the sim (by default or by choice). All contacts on a blackberry device are stored in the address book and then may be copied manually on a number by number basis by the user to the sim card. The sim card's only purpose in a GSM Blackberry device is to connect to the network and provide the account. Most SmartPhones do not offer an option to store the number to the sim card when you are saving it. You usually (not always, varies by OS version) have to go into the number and manually copy it over to the sim to save it there.

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Actually, BB's do not store contacts to the sim (by default or by choice). All contacts on a blackberry device are stored in the address book and then may be copied manually on a number by number basis by the user to the sim card. The sim card's only purpose in a GSM Blackberry device is to connect to the network and provide the account. Most SmartPhones do not offer an option to store the number to the sim card when you are saving it. You usually (not always, varies by OS version) have to go into the number and manually copy it over to the sim to save it there.

Zo
    When I had my pearl, I was able to hit the blackberry button while in the address book and there was an option to 'store contacts to sim'. I thought this was a feature of the BB OS and that they all could do it. It didn't sore addresses and such, but it stored the names and numbers.

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    i have found that syncing your bb to yahoo with your desktop manager and then syncing your iphone with your yahoo address book through itunes is the best option to do it yourself. At any At&t corporate store they can do it for you and no they dont charge for this.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    When I had my pearl, I was able to hit the blackberry button while in the address book and there was an option to 'store contacts to sim'. I thought this was a feature of the BB OS and that they all could do it. It didn't sore addresses and such, but it stored the names and numbers.
    Yes, it is a feature of all blackberries but it is not default and must be done manually. There is no way to automatically have your contacts stored in the sim.

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Yes, it is a feature of all blackberries but it is not default and must be done manually. There is no way to automatically have your contacts stored in the sim.

Zo
    Oh, I didn't mean it did it AUTOMATICALLY by default. Just that you didn't need to install any extra apps or anything to have that (manual) option. You can do it (manually) with just the default phone OS.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Gotcha. Complete misunderstanding in your use of "default" .

Zo