Hey Everyone... Here's the rundown... iPhone 3GS Vsn. 3.2.1 - JAILBROKEN! (using RA1N & Winterboard) ... Apple iPhone forum

illusiveongaku7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Confused & Annoyed w/ trying to use a 2ndary iTunes account...

Advertisement

Hey Everyone...
    Here's the rundown...

iPhone 3GS
    Vsn. 3.2.1 - JAILBROKEN! (using RA1N & Winterboard)
    Current version iTunes (just downloaded it onto my laptop tonight)

PROBLEM!
    I wanna add recently discovered songs from my laptop onto my iPhone tonight, but CAN'T, b/c it wants to sync up to this iTunes and replace everything from my original iTunes account that's sitting at home on my desktop computer. It wants to erase & re-sync everything on my iPhone using my new/2ndary iTunes account. I don't want that... I want to keep everything that was put on it from my primary iTunes account, but...

All I wanna do is ADD MORE SONGS TO WHATS EXISTING, NOT ERASE & RE-SYNC like it's wanting to do...

Was MAC really stupid enuf to make it so you can't use your SAME iTUNES w/ more than one computer? ANNOYING! LOL!!

I've read around on the 'net about programs and such, being careful w/ the jailbroken phones, etc...

Anyway, if anyone has any SIMPLE and EASY TO DO instructions or programs (w/ links listed) to use so I can add additional songs onto my current listing from a 2ndary computer & iTunes account... it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!! =)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Thanks SRL... but I'm still confused on it...

Right now I'm 6 states away from my home computer so I don't really have that option at this point to try 'n' sync up both iTunes folders or what-not... just wanted to add like 20 new songs that I discovered over the past couple wks while I've been gone w/ my laptop outa state...

Some of this link you sent it set up for transfereing to a MAC... will this be the same for PC... I'm going from a Sony Desktop to a HP Laptop... again, I want BOTH iTunes accounts on BOTH computers to have the same everything...

At this point, I really miss how easy it was to transfer songs, pics, ringtones, etc... with Blackberry... =( Ugh!! It's no wonder I don't own any OTHER Mac product... LOL!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It can be done but takes prep b4 hand so I think for your specific case I don't know of any way to accomplish that on the fly.

Maybe someone else will pop in and offer a solution.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Oh ok... thanks anyway SRL... I might look into it more when I have my home computers iTunes in front of me also...

If anyone else knows, help would be appreciated... =) Otherwise, guess I'll just hafta add 'em when I get home and at my desktop... Mac really needs to get their crap together and make using & utilizing the items on their iPhone a LOT easier!!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I did this once try this, it worked for me.

Make a backup of computer A, then "restore" it to computer B. Any songs that are already on computer B won't be touched, and anything that was on A and not B will be added to B. Run the backup on B and select the option to backup everything that wasn't backed up before, then restore that one to A.

Good luck

iLord is DEAD!

Interesting Sooner... I'll hafta look n2 that. Thanks
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16