I don't have Internet on my home pc anymore, but have used iTunes on it ... Apple iPhone forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Cannot connect to iTunes due to not having Internet?

Advertisement

I don't have Internet on my home pc anymore, but have used iTunes on it in the past even without a network connection. Not sure if it is due to a JB I did or not, but now whenever Iryey and use iTunes and click on my device it says "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again." I cannot sync or load music or anything. Also instead of saying my device name under the device column it just says iPhone. Anyone know a work around for this? All my music and vids are on this computer.
    Posted via smartphone
    Last edited by cjeezy; 10-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    cjeezy,

I'm not sure I understand your problem. You must have an internet connection to be able to access the iTunes store. Is it possible that when you were able to do it before you were connected to a nearby wi-fi connection and was able to access it that way?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    After the advent of iPhone iTunes only works with internet.
    Especially the sync application. Welcome to the Apple world ! Not only a internet connection but also a valid account.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    cjeezy - Not sure how you were ever able to access the iTunes store on your PC 'without' an internet connection, it's just not possible, but no internet connection should NOT keep you from using iTunes to sync the media to your iPhone, I would try upgrading your iTunes if you don't have the latest version, but I don't know what more to tell you if you don't have internet/wifi access, try HERE for troubleshooting.

As for the device column, just rename it to whatever you want

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Did you just do a restore? It only has to connect to iTunes the first time right after you do a restore and then is only to activate. That is also probably why it just says iPhone instead of what you named it previously.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

To clarify, I'm not trying to access the iTunes store or the internet (I could care less about that ). All I want to do is a Sync and put the music saved on my PC, on my iPhone. I was able to do this before without ever having internet. Everytime I click on my device, the "iTune network connection error" pops. I can't even rename the device. I have the most recent iTunes installed also. Hope this clarifies

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Ahhh okay! the "no internet connection" issue threw us off LOL

Don't really know what to tell you, do you have your iPhone to "manually manage music"?? I don't even know where to start

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    See: neo in post #5.

The phone needs to be registered first before you can use it in iTunes without an internet connection and that's why your getting the generic name of "iPhone". If you have reinstalled the OS or many other things can cause it but neo's post is my vote also.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    did you download any podcasts or music directly on the phone? if you did it may be trying to update them or check for updates.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

No my memory card is empty except for apps and a few pics in the camera roll.
    Posted via smartphone

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yep then im sure its what I said before.
    Quotes to live by:

How come I didn't need to connect it to the Internet the last time? Maybe I'll try and register it again on my laptop that has Internet, then I'll retry on my home PC.
    Posted via smartphone
    Last edited by cjeezy; 10-21-2009 at 11:58 PM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    should work if you do that
    Quotes to live by: