can i upgrade? my phone is jailbroken.... Apple iPhone forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

Can i upgrade to software 3.0 if I'm on 2.2.1?

Advertisement

can i upgrade? my phone is jailbroken.
    Last edited by RogerG; 06-08-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Fix typos in title.....

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yes, and you can jailbreak it as well.

http://quickpwn.com
    Last edited by neorabid; 06-01-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Do not upgrade to iTunes 8.2 if you are going to jailbreak your iPhone. Check out the link below.
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06...all-itunes-82/

i allrea?dy made the upgrade to itunes 8.2 how can i downgrade

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I synched my iPhone a few minutes ago and itunes indicated that it wouldn't automatically check for another update until the 15th. You know this is toying with my head as to when the actual release of 3.0 will happen. Hopefully we will find out today. It's driving me nuts
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Ok so let me get this straigh. Once we upgrade to 3.0 we are gonna have to rejailbreak the iPhone again and for people like me that have the phone unlock to use it with other t-mobile or whatever were gonna have to reunlock it too? Or we just gonna upgrade and everything is gonna remain the same?

Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    Ok so let me get this straigh. Once we upgrade to 3.0 we are gonna have to rejailbreak the iPhone again and for people like me that have the phone unlock to use it with other t-mobile or whatever were gonna have to reunlock it too? Or we just gonna upgrade and everything is gonna remain the same?
    From what I have read once you upgrade that jailbreak is history and you're going to have to play the waiting game for the software to re-jailbreak it once you upgrade to 3.0. However I do believe that the software to jailbreak 3.0 is already a work in progress if not already a done deal. I've also read that if you install iTunes 8.2 (the latest version) that it will kill your unlock also and maybe even take away the ability to ever unlock your iPhone again. Check out the iPhone blog website and iPhone hack website also.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 06-08-2009 at 10:53 AM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    You will have to re-jailbreak your phone when you upgrade, they already have the jailbreak released on that link that I posted in the second post. When you upgrade to 3.0 you will have to use a rebel sim [or equivalent] to continue to use your phone on tmobile.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

[QUOTE=neorabid;1155870]You will have to re-jailbreak your phone when you upgrade, they already have the jailbreak released on that link that I posted in the second post. When you upgrade to 3.0 you will have to use a rebel sim [or equivalent] to continue to use your phone on tmobile.[/QUOTE

Rookie question: Will iTunes 8.2 be a problem? I'm guessing that It won't and this has already been factored in with the software for the 3.0 jailbreak.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    itunes 8.2 is a problem, apparently they change the way that itunes communicates with the iphone so dont upgrade until they release a new version of quickpwn that is compatible with itunes 8.2.
    Quotes to live by:

According to apples website the 3.0 update will be available on 17 june.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 06-08-2009 at 05:25 PM.

yellowsn0w is not gonna work unlocking the 3.0? if so do you think they ever gonne come up some type of program to unlock it or thats it? Apple wins??

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I made the mistake of updating my software on my unlocked iPhone when I plugged it into itunes. I was told that if I use a turbo sim I won't be able to use the web without wifi. I was so aggrivated that I went to the AT&T store and ported my number so I can continue to use my phone.

Damn thats mess up. Mine is unlock as well so I better wait to unlock it