Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a few comcast.net email addresses, a slew of Outlook data (calendar, contacts...) simply, ... Apple iPhone forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Can someone please explain this "Mobileme" thing to me?

Advertisement

I have a few comcast.net email addresses, a slew of Outlook data (calendar, contacts...) simply, if I update a contact on my 3G, with Mobileme, will it "beam" to my PC and vice versa? Or, do I need to set up a new mobileme email account and have everything forwarded there?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    From what I've seen on the service, it will keep all your appointments, mail, contacts, etc. in sync on all your devices. However, while you can forward all of your mail from multiple accounts (i.e. Yahoo!, Gmail, work) to your @me account, unless it's changed recently, any mail you send out from it will be from your @me account, rather then your Yahoo!, Gmail, etc. account.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This Link will explain it best but MobileMe keeps your computer the MobileMe site and you iPhone all sync'd together without ever tapping or clicking sync. It's seamless, when you make an entry on one device it's added to the others.
    You can also store and share pictures, videos and files from the same MobileMe site. Those are also available on the iPhone.

It's a nice little package. It works very well.

Thanks for the link - I have read over that - but mymain question is this: Do I need to create a mobileme email address and foreard all of my Comcast addresses to that for it to do all that it says it does in the realm of wireless synching??

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That would be the simplest way. Use one account to organize everything. You could also add any number of email accounts to the iPhone and still be able to access them if you needed to navigate to certain folders.

MobileMe should offer about everything you would need. Custom Folders. News Feeds etc. Consider signing up for the Free Trial and set it up and see how it goes. Then your not out any money and can actually see how it works.

You get the full features with the Trial. Being able to access MobileMe from any Web Browser is nice. Email, Contact, Calendar, Pictures, Videos and Documents. You can also let friends access your Pictures from any Browser by sending them a link which is listed at the top of each of your Photo Albums. If you want you can even let them upload to the same Album.

When you turn on MobileMe on the iPhone all that information is instantly on the iPhone. You can have hundreds on contacts and emails and they will be there before you can even open the App to access them. It really does work good.

I was hesitant at first to sign up because it can be a pain to switch over email addresses and all that goes with that but since I've been happy and glad i did. The one down side is that it's cost money. Which can be hard to swallow when there is great free email accounts everywhere.

OK, so I set up Mobileme and wmails work great - I just set up rules in Outlook. Now, when I add a contact on my iPhone, shouldn't that contact be automaticaly "beamed" to Outlook as well? I added a test contact on the device about 20 minutes ago, have sync set in mobile me (desktop) to auto, and that test contact is still NOT in Outlook - what am I doing wrong?

nevermind - works now - really cool

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Shouldn't have to set up any rules that I know of? Log in to MobileMe (web browser) see if everything is listed that you have added.
    I don't use Windows so I'm not the best person to help with clicks but did you install the MobileMe Control Panel in Windows?
    Have you selected Outlook as your contact manager in MobileMe?

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

PC Vista Ultamate & IE8 and Mobile ME

Okay,

I just did a Chat with the folks at Mobile Me, thaey have a chat window available, but Im still "Clouded" on ME. First- The Rep from ME told me Mobile ME is Incompatible with IE8 at this time.

Also, several days ago, Itunes got an update, since loading that update my PC is running real slow and hangs on any Apple Site, what do I mean, well for instance if you click a button you get a delayed response. It is happening across the board with any Apple Site including Itunes. Everywhere else it works fine.

He reccomended I run Safari or Firefox, anyone on Pinstack with that type of Browser, which is better ona Vista PC Safari or Firefox

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ohhhh, incompatible with IE8? That's news to me. I use it at work with 7 and i get a message when first signing on to update to IE8 in order to get full features. Of course I can't, anyway I use Safari and don't have any problems but FireFox is also great so it's a matter of personal choice. I happen to think Safari is clean and easy to use.

Sometimes iTunes seems to run slow for example when they are doing maint to the store or there are newly added HD Movies that are big hits and everyone is downloading them. I'm not sure but I do sometimes experience iTunes being slower than at other times.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-23-2009 at 10:31 PM.

No they are NOT incompatible - working fine now - it was a mistake on my part

PIN/ID
    Retired
    How do you like it so far?

cwaturner no está en línea Stack level 2
    use both Safari and Firefox on my Vista machine and they both work so much better than IE ever did. In fact IE crashes multiple time during the day making for a truly miserable experience.

All I can say is that I have both iTunes 8.2.1 and IE 8 and there have been NO crashes - period. whatever Apples tells you about incompatibility (I got the warning window too) take it for what it's worth - all I am saying is that I haven't experienced any issues after 48 hrs. or so.

anyway, I have all my email addresses forwarded to the new me account - on the Iphone, the only thing I don't like is that I now have 5 email accounts,the 4 comcast and the 1 me. Everything is forwarded to the me, so all of my email get doubled eventually - they hit and appear in the Comcast account and of course show up in the me one too.

But I really do not want anyone to "know" about the me account and want to continue using the comcast ones. IfI delete every account save for the me account on the phone, won't it show emails I send from the phone as coming from the me address? don't want that - Is there a way around this?

hey itsaraid - where is the mobileme chat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast