Some of you ppl may heard that we have some heavy rain in ca. Well ... Apple iPhone forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

Can it be posible that the iPhone is waterproof??!!

Advertisement

Some of you ppl may heard that we have some heavy rain in ca. Well by accident my iPhone got completely wet when I realize I dry it and test it and everything worked just fine like it nothing ever happen. Is it waterproof or I'm a really lucky stacker??!!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    A very Lucky stacker...water is electronics worst enemy. I know that the way the iphone is constructed makes it water resistant...but I don't think it's waterproof.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    its definately not waterproof just ask all the people who have gotten water damage
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Wow, I'd say you're pretty lucky.

Although, I have a coworker who once dropped her iPhone in the sink, it was not completely submerged, but it did get soaked...she powered it down, dried it up, let it sit overnight (while it was off) and in the morning she powered up to realize that it was PERFECTLY FINE!!!

So I guess if you take the proper precautions (removing sim, powering it down, drying up) after exposing it to water, it "might" be okay.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lol I was drying it with a hair dryer
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    With a hair dryer?! LMAO! Well at least it worked eh? Good one Evo
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    You could Golden Shellback it.....

http://www.vimeo.com/1381538?pg=embed&sec=1381538
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can tell you first hand, they most certainly are not waterproof.

I "fell" into a canal in Venice in October last year, with my beloved iPhone in my shorts pocket. As I swam for my $20 flip flops, I could feel my $500 iPhone vibrating underwater. These would turn out to be the last few breaths from my poor phone.

I tried my best to resuscitate the poor thing, and sucked the water out of the charging port (I later learned the water there is a 50/50 mixture of water and sewage.). Alas, my efforts we're in vain. She was gone.

$250 at the apple store, and I had a refurbished unit. It's just not the same