Hi, I have an unlocked iphone and will be travelling to the US and Europe ... Apple iPhone forum

j_j no está en línea Stack level 2

Can an iPhone work without a data plan?

I have an unlocked iphone and will be travelling to the US and Europe in the near future. If I just buy a pay as you go sim card from T-Mobile, can I use this in my iphone? I realize I won't be able to browse the web or recieve emails but will the phone just work as a regular voice phone?

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    I believe data would work via wifi, no? Voice should work just fine...

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    it will work on tmobile without data or without a sim card on wifi.

AT&T will force you into having a data plan
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    It will work. I used my iPhone a couple of months without a data plan on t-mobile. Just with voice and text. So you should be fine.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    make sure you disable 3G in the settings as well as email or it will probably annoy you like crazy with pop ups about not having a data connection, blah, blah, blah..

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?