Does anyone have any experience or comments with regards to "Browsers" and the IPhone- Example: ... Apple iPhone forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Browsers using the IPhone on Vista PC

Advertisement

Does anyone have any experience or comments with regards to "Browsers" and the IPhone- Example: Im running a PC with Windows Vista Ultimate and IE8- Apple says IE8 and IE7 are not compatible with Mobile Me, and barely compatible with ITunes-

When I go to a Apple site for instance the App Store and I click on a button I could wait up to 2 minutes before something happens- This occurs only on Apple Sites, and everything was fine until I installed the latest rev of Itunes-

Anyone know anything about Firefox or Safari, which is better on a PC running Vista, is any of them more stable, Can I install Safari and switch between IE8 and Safari at whim?

Dont know much about this browser stuff except that when it doesnt work right it sucks-

Could you please email me at ItsaRaid@columbus.rr.com, if you can help

Thank You
    Last edited by ItsaRaid; 07-26-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typos

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Firefox and Google Chrome have always worked fine with itunes for me. IMO IE sucks, and any self respecting internet user should use something else.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahaha^^

+1 for Safari. I use Safari and have never had any problems with it. I'm not sure I like the new Cover Flow but that's another topic.

iTunes does not rely on the Browsers to work smoothly tho. IE 8 is compatable with MM this message would be Apple's way of getting people to switch Browsers

Internet Explorer 7 and 8 have known compatibility issues with modern web standards which affect Web 2.0 applications such as MobileMe.
    You can use Internet Explorer, but you will not have access to all MobileMe features and will experience slower performance.
    For the best MobileMe experience, please use the latest versions of Firefox or Safari.

So if you go based on that message and all other things considered I guess you would want to use Safari b/c it's an Apple product and it would makes sense that it works best with MM.
    Yes you can switch back and forth or even run both Browsers at the sametime without any bad effects. Heck you could run Opera Broswer to if you wanted.

As for Windows? Well.......... I'm biting my tounge.

PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Steve, Do I just add Safari 4.0 and then it asks which browser i want to use? I would assume at start up of the PC its going to say it detected 2 browsers which one do I want to use, is that the correct scenario?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    During the computer start up you shouldn't see any messsages. When you click on a browser icon to open it. There will be a message asking about the default browser. You can select any option you want and it won't interfer with anything. Selecting the new browser as the default will keep the message from coming back.
    You can always undo those setting in the browser config section also.

PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Is there any problems related to use of 2 Browsers?
    also is there a link to the App Store, Im sorry cant find the one you sent me

PIN/ID
    Retired
    No there will be NO issues having two browsers or using two browsers. It's common to have two. No one browser does everything and often a second browser will allow you to do certain tasks.

Safari Download link

iTunes App Store Link

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    No there will be NO issues having two browsers or using two browsers. It's common to have two. No one browser does everything and often a second browser will allow you to do certain tasks.

Safari Download link

iTunes App Store Link

I actually have 3... maybe 4 installed right now. You really never want to remove IE even though you shouldn't use it. It's too ingrained into windows to try and uninstall. I use firefox for certain things because of all the addons. I've been using Google Chrome a lot recently because it's very clean and the fastest browser I've used. If Chrome had adblock and stumbleupon I'd never use firefox.