Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, Raton is in his element now! No more teasing that the yuppie phone hasn't ... Apple iPhone forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Yes, Raton is in his element now! No more teasing that the yuppie phone hasn't a flash now!
    Since the lighting element is of the latest technology available, (right now I don't remember the actual name) it's lifespan is almost endless.
    The 9700 has the same technology and I also use it extensively as a flashlight.
    Makes me think how long it will take for a Flashlight application using the flash, will take to come out.
    And by the way Rato there are free flashlight app for the BB that doesn't let the light go off...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    OK I´m reviving this thread because... my iP 4 has finally arrived. What a beaut !!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's all about the Apps Baby!

Oh? the screen is nice and the hardware inside is also awesome not to mention the over-all appearance. When holding her in your hands it's very solid. This ain't your Dad's BB anymore.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Congratulations Delfiminho! About time !

Now you gotta activate it and then jailbreak it. DO NOT install 4.0.2 you will miss out on a whole bunch things. Now you gotta go to www.jailbreakme.com and simply slide the tab and let the magic begin. If you need a walkthrough I'll be here to help as well as the other jailbreakers around . Dude you're gonna loooooooove this series more.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey Guys this is a great phone - feels good. Also, synced my whole life in a blink of an eye thanks to MobileMe. Geez - what a combo iPhone and iPad !
    Raton will get back to you for jailbreaking...gimme time bud ! But have 4.0.2 already, so I will have to wait.
    What a cool couple o f days I´ll be having with this new toy...and it has flash !!!
    Hey SRL tried some of your suggested apps for iPad - got them all. Great stuff. In the printing I decided on iPrint. Works great. Also Pages, Numbers and all the rest. including Docs To Go. Great and easy to work with and easy as pie to sync, especially with MolbileMe. Whew... what a burden off my shoulders. NO MORE WIRES !
    So I´m sailing bud !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My man Del!!!!! Congrats my friend, you're going to love your iPhone. Wait about a week into it, it really grows on you.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks Glenn - great machine . It's easy to grow into something this good. And no antenna problems with this baby...signal up one notch on the 3 Gs.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Congrats Del! I'm happy for you

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I gotta say, I agree with delfim. I was a dedicated BB girl until I tried out my husbands old iPhone and realized how much faster the Internet was on it then on my BB. It shocked me it was so much faster. I honestly thought that slow net speed on my phone was just something that I had to live with. I still can't quite figure out why the difference though; both At&T and both 3G. At that point, I decided that I was getting the iPhone4 and once I did, there is no turning back. Within a week of having it, I sold my 9700 and have not regretted it once. My main reason for needing a smart phone is for the Internet and the BB just was not cutting it. I like some of the functions of the BB a bit better (calendar and such), but those things are minor and giving them up was very much worth it for the faster connection and apps.

Jailbraking... can you guys fill me in on why it's a good thing? I have seen several threads around about it, but I am not sure what more my phone will do if I do this and why it's worth it. Does it impact anything with my AT&T contract?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Jailbreaking does not affect your AT&T contract at all. It basically lets you drive your iphone like a standard vehicle as opposed to an automatic. You call the shots. You can do 5 if not 10 times more things on a jailbroken phone than a stock one. You can customize it and get the same applications you have to pay through iTunes for free and best of all sync them through iTunes as if you had purchased them. First, make sure you backup your iPhone and be sure to be running 4.0 or 4.0.1. If you don't know which version you're running go to settings-about scroll down and it should state it there. Then, if you're running one of the two versions I mentioned then you're set to jailbreak your phone by simply going to www.jailbreakme.com and then sit tight and wait as it does everything for you. Yup, that simple. Once you're jailbroken the rest is cake. Let me know if you still need help.

Oh and for the record, Jailbreaking is 100% legal.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Congrats Del! I'm happy for you
    Thanks Pdx. The "baddie" had to move on to the "dark side"...eventually !

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Yep! That's what Baddies do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12