Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Is it official? Will there be a new iPhone released this summer?... Apple iPhone forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Is it official? Will there be a new iPhone released this summer?

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Is it official? Will there be a new iPhone released this summer?
    Apple announced that on 3/17/09 they will announce the new features with OS 3.0 and rumored to be available mid-summer.

NoSnowHere no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was an 8800 user. I switched to iPhone because I got tired of having to bring both my bb and iPod to the gym, and I needed a camera which the 8800 didn't have. I'm very excited about the 3.0 update this summer. No regrets.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I too was missing out on the:
    MMS, Tethering, Copy/Paste Features, but with the new OS 3.0 its working out great. I still talk once in a while to the person who purchased my 8830 off me, kind of wish i didnt sell it, but it was a verizon phone, and im taking up the possibility of purchasing an AT&T/Cingular Blackberry to be able to swap between the iPhone and BB. Going on 9 months with the iPhone 3G, Apple replaced it after 1 months because the silent/mute button broke, but that was a quick painless swap. Other then that, not a single issue.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's difficult not to be drawn to the 3.0 OS. The UI and plethora of Apps are nice.
    My last post in this thread was on 3/5/09 and I did switch as I said I would.

I'm glad I did, it's been everything and more. I'm no longer frustrated like I was with my Bold.

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Does Anyone have any experience with Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, IE8 Browser, and Mobile ME, Im thinking about changing Browsers- to either Firefox or Safari- Does anyone have any experience with those running on windows PC, which is more stable Firefox or Safari?

Thank You

stevendsnyde no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have heard Firefox is good, but the browser I prefer that you did not list is the Google Chrome browser that is built off Safari. I have been using that since it launched and been very happy with it. You might want to give it a try.

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    Kinda behind in this thread, but I too switched - well, kind of. I am selling one BB that the iPhone replaced but I still have a Storm. As for comparing the Storm to the iphone, you really can't, at least not overall. The Storm weighs a TON, slap a case on the sucker and it's like carrying around a brick! The OT dismisses cut/paste and MMS - couldn't agree more. As for email, BB's bread & proverbial butter? I am trying MobileMe for $99 a year 60 days free and I gotta say, set up confusion on my part aside, it rocks! The email is lightning fast to my device from all accounts and, unlike my BIS Berries, I can auto update my calendars, contacts, etc. from PC o phone- Love it?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    I am trying MobileMe for $99 a year 60 days free and I gotta say, set up confusion on my part aside, it rocks! The email is lightning fast to my device from all accounts and, unlike my BIS Berries, I can auto update my calendars, contacts, etc. from PC o phone- Love it?
    The MobileMe is in part what also took me away from the Blackberry. MobileMe is like BES for the rest of us. It's pretty neat how you don't have to do anything other than making a new entry and having it show up on all your computers also. I'm a big fan of MobileMe even tho it cost money. It's money well spent if you care about seamless sync and keeping hundreds or thousands of contacts safe. The file sharing is just a bonus as is "Find My iPhone".

tilga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2489CB83
    i'm typically anti-apple anything. the attitude of most apple users is very off-putting. some of you will understand what i'm talking about. those of you who don't, go check out Brent on PvP comics.. hehe.

my husband made the switch from BB 8300 to iphone when the 3G came out. since then, he's been VERY pushy about trying to get me to switch from bb to iphone. similar to how when a person first "finds Jesus" and they get all excited and they start trying to get everyone they know to come to their church? yeah.. that's how alot of iphone and apple users i know act. they have FOUND the smartphone SAVIOR! it is iphone. come slip on some nikes and drink our kool-aid!

that said... i'm sick of battery pulls and random memory losses and the bb shutting off w/no rhyme or reason. in general, touch screens don't work for me - not at atm's, not at stores, nowhere. it's a genetic thing. something about the 'electricity' in my touch.. idk. my mom went to a nutrapath and about got hers fixed w/just some vitamins. guess i may hafta resort to that.

i use my bb for communications - personal and business. i need a smart phone that will do it all for me, in the palm of my hand. keep my notes (grocery lists, class notes, conference notes from coporate office, info on the kids, etc), deliver email to me, tweet, YIM... any and all forms of communications. i'm a very busy woman on-the-go. i need to be reachable by family, friends, business associates, and church members 24/7 - any and all forms of communications, too!

since getting my refurb "warranty replacement" bb curve 8310, i can't depend on bb. it seems it's a bb-wide issue, too.

do i drink the iphone kool-aid? isn't it just a glorified toy? my husband doesn't use his for business as much as pleasure. he has his pc and laptop for business. my bb is on 24/7 and in the palm of my hand at least 16 hrs/day. can iphone offer what my curve does?
    i don't use bbm as much, tho i enjoy having it. so, bbm isn't an issue.

can ya'll just list the pros/cons of what you have and why? srsly. i want to make an informed decision. i don't want bb or iphone bashing... i've probably said it all before, anyway. i want "i prefer my ___ over ____ and here's why"

also, this weekend, i'm going to test-drive hubster's iphone. 1st we're going to try to see if my SIM will work. if not, he sd i can just test drive it all weekend. see???? he doesn't use his phone like i use mine. i think if i were to be separated from my phone for more than 5 min, i'd cease to breathe....

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    I like you became pretty frustrated with the battery pulls and "no-notice/reason" shut-offs. My BB was and still is a great device, but all devices have their pros & cons...especially dependent upon the user/provider.

I converted to apple products about 3 years ago and have gradually been converting more and more over the years (2 MacBooks and one iMac later) plus almost every incarnation of the iPod...except shuffle. Personally I find Apple products much simpler to use...without all the hunting around I found myself doing with Windows products. Less freezes, shutdowns and I have yet to have an equivalent of a Blue Screen of Death.

Now, my switch to the iPhone took quite a while. Ive had 5 different BB's and found them to be the best thing since sliced bread. I kinda got used to the battery pulls and so forth, but over time they started to get to me. I didn't want to carry a BB and iPod with me so I could listen to music (I know, the BB now supports this, but going about getting my music on the BB became old...real fast.) So, I took the plunge and bought the iPhone.

I use my phones all the time (work, pleasure and just tinering around). I'm never without it!

Maybe I am jaded by my past experience with other Apple products, but I just find the iPhone to be the best device for what I need. Not to say that there aren't better phones/devices out there...but the iPhone is what's good for me...now.

So, I prefer my iPhone over my other devices for one simple fact. I am a 100% Mac user, and the iPhone falls right in with compatibilty and usability for me...a seamless transition between desktop/laptop and smartphone! Plus, I prefer the true touch screen of my iPhone to that of my STORM.

Bottom line, stick with what works for you...best advice I can provide.

tilga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2489CB83
    the dependability is what's really getting me to start looking at pros/cons of bb vs iphone. whereas it has been a mere inconvenience in the past, it's a total waste of my time now. Saturday, i was driving around with my son, looking at furniture and had a question for my husband. the bb crapped out and the furn store we were out was just 10 min from home... so i just did it the old fashioned way and drove home to ask my husband a question, since i couldn't use my bb. what if my not-so-dependable '95 Golf had broken down and me preg, with my son and in the awful MS heat? what if something more/worse happened? i need something i can depend on... apparently bb isn't that.
    and it's awful bc i've been a HUGE bb fan for the 18+ months i've owned a bb - i've even converted some of my friends & family!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's been an interesting transition for me also going from the Blackberry to the iPhone. It's hard to point to any one thing that started the change. I was never unhappy with my Blackberry but grew frustrated in not being able to do simple things. I don't feel we should be tied to a cord and a desktop manager in order to keep everything on the phone in sync with the very same things on a computer.
    It seems counter productive to me, when entering anything on the phone knowing you have to plug it into the computer in order to transfer the information. Seems very silly. I cringed every time I sat down at the computer and opened the desktop manager. Will it work? will it transfer everything? Honestly I checked every time to make sure the information was transfered over. Many times it did not work and I had to sync again. Even then the information was only on my Blackberry and home computer. I would have to sync again at work in order to keep everything the same. I was just chasing my trail trying to keep work computer, home computer and phone sync'd with the same information. Do you know how much time I spent syncing? It should not be so difficult.

The iPhone offered seamless transfers of everything from the phone to the home computer and onto the work computer without even doing anything. No plugging into a pc or mac. Nothing. It's all done OTA as you input on one device they all contain the same information a short time later. It was a no brainer for me at that point. This includes videos, pictures, documents you name it.

Looking back now I can't believe it took me so long to switch. What I have been very pleased with is the screen and UI of the iPhone. If hard not to like it, Apps are easy to see and even easier to use. UH8ME is right, If a teenager and a senior citizen can both use the device with equal satisfaction there is something to be said about the UI.

I also grew very tired of how RIM has released 17 new model phones in the last 3 years with the same OS. Nothing has changed since the Pearl was first released. It was like I was hanging on for something that is never going to be. The models of phone they have now are awesome. There is absolutely no reason to release another new phone that looks just like the old one but with WiFi or 3G now. Trying to keep up with all the different model of phones was like going to work with bed head.
    Anyone know how many different versions of each different phones OS's there are? Think about that one for a minute?

Something else that drew me to the iPhone was the App Store. In the past when using my Blackberry I had to use the web browser
    navigate to a web page to complete a task. No need to comment on the BB browser but rather focus on Apps and how they have allowed people to park the web browser in favor of an App that is designed specifically for that task. Apps make using the phone a more pleasant experience. Apps have a cleaner UI for the specific goal you have in mind.

Note Taking
    Banking
    Email
    Reading the News
    Chatting
    Keeping track of the kids with gps
    Finding an address on the Map
    Etc

I could almost give up the web browser (almost) because I don't use it like I did with the Blackberry.

In the end it comes down to knowing what you need to accomplish with the phone and looking at the different options. There will never be a (Best) device for everyone. We are all different and have different needs. I'm just glad we have choices and so many companies that make some pretty good products for use to choose from.

Last edited by srl7741; 07-31-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm just glad we have choices and so many companies that make some pretty good products for use to choose from.

Amen!!!

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E
    I also have used an iphone at the sam time as a blackberry actually, I love the iphone and what you can do with it, mostly games is what I liked, but for business it has got to be a blackberry, it just has to.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast