Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I guess i'm crossing over, ordered an Iphone this afternoon online. Should have it in ... Apple iPhone forum

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I guess i'm crossing over, ordered an Iphone this afternoon online. Should have it in 2 days.......now the waiting!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Remember to update your profile once you get it.
    ~via smartphone~

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm.. a refurb 8 GB for $115 after tax is tempting since they let you upgrade online now. if i did get it, ill miss discreetly typing under a desk and stuff like that. ive used a friends iphone and i just cant get used to not being able to feel a keyboard when im typing.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah used several generations of the iphone and was never really a fan of it, although the iphone 4g looks insane
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    forget the iphone switch to a htc tmo g1, best of both worlds, a track ball and a touch screen keyboard and a market with lots of apps and a physical keyboard.email and mms sms, customizable,..best of both worlds if you ask me i own a 8320,8900 and a g1 , love the g1 more and more,
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clayatx View Post
    another one bites the dust. i hope that people will eventually wake up from the apple brainwashing. i hate 99.9% of the hipster-your-only-cool-if-you-have-an-iphone crowd. that comment is not really directed at you ryan, you know about all the drawbacks and made a decision best for you. good luck with your simple minded phone. (another comment not directed at you ryan, just another opinion)
    Why do you have this "Iphone chip" on your shoulder? BTW, are you old enough to be posting on the Internet?

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    well, to be honest, i didn't go with the iphone for the hipster factor. i read up on it, played with it, and figured i'd give it a try. i liked it at first, but there was a laundry list of things i missed from my curve/bold...as follows...

- push email
    - mms
    - copy/paste
    - led indicator light
    - total customization (without having to jailbreak)
    - battery life
    - physical keyboard

these were all things i didn't think i would miss, but i did...very much. i think someone on here said it best. the iphone truly is a toy. in my opinion...and this is ONLY MY opinion....you cannot consider the iphone a serious contender in the business world, so it really only appeals to those who want an unmatched media experience (ipod), and the ability to play games. neither of which i needed. it's an ipod touch with a phone function. a nice phone, but just not for me. i am just excited to be getting my bold shortly.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Great thread, anyway I currently use the Bold but had/have the iPhone 3G as well still active. No need to re-list all the features or lack of features but suffice to say I use the Bold daily because of the battery life and the ease of navigation. My Bold seems to be more of a work horse and I think the navigation from app to app or menu to menu is better. (4 me anyway). I also agree with the Jail-breaking of the iPhone mentioned above. We should not have to trash a device in order to customize it. For now I'm still holding the Bold up a little higher in the air sorta hoping the iPhone is improved in a few areas. When I need multi-media items or web surfing from a phone the iPhone comes out, when I need email and calendar events the Bold comes out.

Both phones are great and it's not about "vs" or "which is better". It's more about what your needs are and selecting a device that meets your individual needs.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I want to do it, and here's why.
    After all of my iphone "bashing", I finally really want one.
    I want one in nonworking order, the cheaper the better.
    Then I will video tape the "bashing" and post it for you to see!
    THAT will meet my individual need!

(my bad)

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    <p>
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    I want to do it, and here's why.</p>
    <p>After all of my iphone &amp;quot;bashing&amp;quot;, I finally really want one.</p>
    <p>I want one in nonworking order, the cheaper the better.</p>
    <p>Then I will video tape the &amp;quot;bashing&amp;quot; and post it for you to see!</p>
    <p>THAT will meet my individual need!</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>(my bad)
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Actually, I think Cobra had the best recent response. As far as Ryan's response, let's get real. The Iphone has push email, all kinds of it. I have exchange push, and it's not that mobile-me crap. I have yahoo push. My pop 3 is fetch, with options of every 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, whatever. Yes, the lack of mms is one of the dumbest things Iphone has done (I agree jailbreaking should not be necessary), besides the lack of copy and paste. I use my email for corporate purposes and find the lack of copy/paste is really no big deal. As far as customization, the Iphone is more cutomizable (sp?) without jailbreaking than the Blackberrys. Battery useage, sorry: my battery useage is as good as any Blackberry I've ever had, let alone any Blackberrys that also have 3G. Like Blackberrys, you have to know all the tricks to get the most out of your battery. As for the physical keyboard, I actually like the virtual better once you get good at it and used to it. As for the lack of a flashing led, if that's the dealbreaker, then the Blackberry wins. :-) Really, anyone who has had real extensive use of both should know that they are really way more similar than anyone wants to admit. The only other thing that the Blackberry might win over is email security. Blackberry having their own servers has more email security, although you are also at risk if their servers go down, which isn't unheard of, and has a lot of Blackberry users going nuts over on these forums when it does happen. Bottom line, anyone who believes the Blackberry is a tool, and the Iphone is a toy is an uninformed person that just needs a lot more experience. If this wasn't true, do you think Hayden would have added all the other smartphone area's to Pinstack, including an Iphone area?<font size="1"><i>~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~</i></font></p>
    Last edited by ikasen; 02-18-2009 at 05:48 PM.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    For the love of God can we please stop with all the 'my phone is better than yours' threads and comments? If you love the iphone...great for you. If you love Blackberry...then that is great for you too.

If you want to share your 'opinions' based upon your personal experience then I think that is valuable information and could help someone else make a decision if they were thinking of changing from one to the other. If you are simply making posts to tell others why they will be sorry for going one way or the other then WHY? Heck, if you are an iphone user and you don't like Blackberry then just talk about what you like of the iphone and leave your negative Blackberry comments alone. The same goes for the flipside for the Blackberry users. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them go and read a thread about a phone they don't use or don't like.

Pinstack is a great forum but this iphone thread is quickly resembling a sports team fan forum more and more each day. The constant beotching and pissing on one another is borderline ridiculous.

Learn to play nice or just learn to leave one another alone. No one's personal opinion is wrong. It may be different than yours but that does not make it wrong just as yours is not wrong either.

We all need to grow up on this issue.

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    For the love of God can we please stop with all the 'my phone is better than yours' threads and comments? If you love the iphone...great for you. If you love Blackberry...then that is great for you too.

If you want to share your 'opinions' based upon your personal experience then I think that is valuable information and could help someone else make a decision if they were thinking of changing from one to the other. If you are simply making posts to tell others why they will be sorry for going one way or the other then WHY? Heck, if you are an iphone user and you don't like Blackberry then just talk about what you like of the iphone and leave your negative Blackberry comments alone. The same goes for the flipside for the Blackberry users. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them go and read a thread about a phone they don't use or don't like.

Pinstack is a great forum but this iphone thread is quickly resembling a sports team fan forum more and more each day. The constant beotching and pissing on one another is borderline ridiculous.

Learn to play nice or just learn to leave one another alone. No one's personal opinion is wrong. It may be different than yours but that does not make it wrong just as yours is not wrong either.

We all need to grow up on this issue.
    can i ask you what part of this thread you took exception to? just curious

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Then the thread title should have been "I got the iPhone, and here's why", and been posted in the iPhone thread.
    Just my opinion.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    That is my point...it looks as if this thread (and there are couple more) is in the iphone section of Pinstack yet there are always people that want to come over and tell everyone what a mistake they made by going to the iphone and that they will be back, guaranteed.

If someone is happy with either phone then I think that is great. Everyone has to make the decision that is best for them. I love hearing others opinions on what they like or don't like but I don't necessarily think it is valid for people to tell those on the other side that their phone is better than the other. I think they are BOTH great phone platforms...they just happen to serve different needs. I, for one, loved my BB when I was on it but since I no longer had a need to be on a BES I made the switch. I have posted in another thread my likes and dislikes of the iphone so others could evaluate and see how that may or may not sway their decision if they are thinking about switching.

I am off my soapbox now though. Anyone who wishes can feel free to say whatever they want. I just am one of those people that likes to see everyone get along and do not like seeing one group try to exert dominance over another (regardless of which side they are on).

BTW Ryan...I did not see anything you posted that I took exception to.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    this forum is like an abortion... if you dont like it, dont participate, but dont tell others how they should manage their own actions. no one here is perfect... so if you dont like reading what others have to say, just bypass the thread!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast