Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Can't knock the iphone one bit, its a very nice device.. I ... Apple iPhone forum

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Can't knock the iphone one bit, its a very nice device.. I guess it really depends on what you use your phone for.. I don't really browse the internet except for getting on Pinstack.. Lots of work emails and I've always been happy with the curve.. Enjoy your new toy!

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    I just joined the Dark Side 2 days ago and traded my Pearl for an iPhone. So far, I'm liking it a lot but it does have some weak points - the camera, no email alert (aside from a tone that can't be changed w/o a hack), no way to add custom Text alert tones (again, w/o a hack), no true sync with my Comcast email (deleting on phone does not delete on web). I can overlook these things since its far better in terms of internet browser capability and speed, and it has tons of free applications to add.
    as far as the alerts go...yeah that does suck. but for the email...the iphone can get push mail from yahoo only thus far. so i opened up a yahoo.com mail account, and then just forward all of my mail from my main provider (gmail), and once i get an email from gmail, it goes right to my yahoo account, and i get the push mail...with virtually no delay. and then i delete it on the phone, it deletes it on the server.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    interesting points.... they are almost identical to the points i made to myself when i took the plunge from an 8320 with tmo to the iphone. i justified why the iphone would be ok for me... and i really convinced myself that the iphone would be a good thing for me.

within a week, i was back to my curve.

horrible battery life, constantly crashing safari, annoying auto spellcheck, no easy way to use personal audio files for ring tones, and my list of reasons why to go back to the curve go on....

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

8830 to Iphone3g to looking for a good blackberry

I just took my Iphone3g back. Had it for 1 week. Hated it,then loved it,then decided: Not for me.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Lol reading this post and I though...why don't we make this thread called blackberry vs. Iphone so both sides can let there hate unravel and all be happy and with iphone or bb... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

well, i'm still lovin my iphone...even more after the jailbreak

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    These are all excellent points. However, they generally only apply to corporate users.

For an average user that wants a phone to make calls, send text messages and check / receive e-mail, there are many non-smartphone devices which will suit their needs. The iPhone does not only these things, but offers a great browser, and an excellent media player.

The more I use the BB, the more I realize that they are geared toward enterprise use. A user looking for a personal device couldn't care less about enterprise accounts or the high levels of security. PIN messaging is nice, but not a reason to switch to a BB for most people. Same with push e-mail. Great for corporate use, but in general, people don't care if they get their e-mail instantly or in 5 minutes.

All I'm saying is that RIM has made the conscious decision to go corporate and stay there. BBs are awesome devices. But most people don't use their strongest features.

I'm not on any type of enterprise and I have used 6 BB's. This is after going back and forth between WM and the SideKick. I wanted portability, ease of use, smaller phone, etc. And I got that with each newer model BB I bought. Only things I really don't use on my BB are the enterprise email activation option, the video and still cameras, alarm, search, password keeper, and a few other options. Otherwise I LOVE my Pearls (and the 71xx series, 7730, and 950 I used prior).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-03-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Yeah me I'm no type of bes I'm just loving my storm I even use all the things erica said other than enterprise email...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Thumbs up

So after upgrading to the 4.5 OS on my 8310 my device kept rebooting every few minutes. At first the screen would just go black then come back on without rebooting. After a few hours of this it would just reboot. After trying all the reinstall fixes and taking it back to 4.2 it was still broke. I've been a Blackberry user for years, I even used the new Storm for two weeks. So I bought an iPhone 3G. It has been almost a month and I have to say I love it.

The free apps I can download in the app store are great. Some of my favorites are Shazam, Vlingo, Google, Ping Lite, Pandora, Urbanspoon, SnapTell and Remote. I can get my corporate email, cal and contacts from the web and it imported all my contacts from my Blackberry into the iPhone. Apple's browser is wonderful. It is fast, loads pages that look identical to how they load on my computer, and well it just works like advertised. There are downsides to the iPhone like no MMS, copy/paste, etc. This isn't a review so I won't go into detail, but it isn't the perfect device so don't expect it to cure cancer or bring about world peace.

No, it isn't as secure as the Blackberry, however, I do not hold any sensitive information on my iPhone, neither did my Blackberry. I sometimes miss the copy/paste but I find I type just as fast, if not faster on the iPhone as I did my 8310. I still love Blackberry and I'm still the BES admin at the company. I do miss having my my BBM and I never got a chance to let my list know that I was switching so hopefully the ones I forgot to email/PM will read this.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
    So after upgrading to the 4.5 OS on my 8310 my device kept rebooting every few minutes. At first the screen would just go black then come back on without rebooting. After a few hours of this it would just reboot. After trying all the reinstall fixes and taking it back to 4.2 it was still broke. I've been a Blackberry user for years, I even used the new Storm for two weeks. So I bought an iPhone 3G. It has been almost a month and I have to say I love it.

The free apps I can download in the app store are great. Some of my favorites are Shazam, Vlingo, Google, Ping Lite, Pandora, Urbanspoon, SnapTell and Remote. I can get my corporate email, cal and contacts from the web and it imported all my contacts from my Blackberry into the iPhone. Apple's browser is wonderful. It is fast, loads pages that look identical to how they load on my computer, and well it just works like advertised. There are downsides to the iPhone like no MMS, copy/paste, etc. This isn't a review so I won't go into detail, but it isn't the perfect device so don't expect it to cure cancer or bring about world peace.

No, it isn't as secure as the Blackberry, however, I do not hold any sensitive information on my iPhone, neither did my Blackberry. I sometimes miss the copy/paste but I find I type just as fast, if not faster on the iPhone as I did my 8310. I still love Blackberry and I'm still the BES admin at the company. I do miss having my my BBM and I never got a chance to let my list know that I was switching so hopefully the ones I forgot to email/PM will read this.
    Well noted jrockett...

I have both a Bold and now a new iPhone 3G (lil over a month)... and can tell you honestly, that the iPhone is quickly becoming my favorite of the 2 for a myriad of reasons... most of which others have clearly stated in these forums and others...

It comes down to preferences and then choice > for others to flame a user for liking what they like in a device is ugly and shallow.... I'm lucky to have both, but can tell you unequivocally, that there are things the iPhone does better (far, better) and things the Bold stands out performing over the iPhone.

It can't me dismissed that the iPhone has changed the mobile device game > just see the creation of the Storm for that evidence from RIM themselves.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

well guess what? i'm baaaaaaaaaack. BB bold coming to me soon. i won't go into what i missed with the BB...but you all know. so yes, you were all right, and it took me some time to decide, but BB here i come...pin to follow soon, so you can all pin me "i told you so"

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan7977 View Post
    well guess what? i'm baaaaaaaaaack. BB bold coming to me soon. i won't go into what i missed with the BB...but you all know. so yes, you were all right, and it took me some time to decide, but BB here i come...pin to follow soon, so you can all pin me "i told you so"
    Welcome back.. I also been down that road. I went threw both a 2 and 3G iPhone before coming back to a berry.

it's only been a few hours, and i am already at ease. curve for now...bold in 2 weeks. so happy. how i missed my curve

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm staying with my 3G for now. I did the jailbreak and it feels a little more BB-ish. The one big thing I have found is that info on customizing the iPhone is much more scattered and not as step-by-step as for BB. I've asked questions about things on other boards that are more iPhone-centric and either get no reply or half answers that don't make sense. Fortunately, I have been able to figure out most of my questions myself by trying (not many errors - yet)

smokedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well i have the 3g Iphone and a bold on a family plan (so my monthly bill is still just over $100 bucks a month which is not bad at all....1500 texts a month, unlimited data, and so many rollover mins, that i dont even bother keeping track).....best of both worlds baby. The Apps on the Iphone just cannot be denied, and everyday i find another one that is useful, or just plain fun. Obviously safari is far better then BB browser, Opera, Bolt or anything else that could ever be on a BB, larger screen for videos and movies is a plus as well. Email has vastly improved on the iphone as well so i use for personal email. I use BB for work email and docs (cant do that on iphone). MMS, BB messenger, Jivetalk, better camera, tethering when needed

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast