Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The Iphone has push email? Enterprise accounts?, PIN messaging? Same level of security? Oh I ... Apple iPhone forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Advertisement

The Iphone has push email? Enterprise accounts?, PIN messaging? Same level of security? Oh I guess they are different.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Whoops

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggalo View Post
    you only need to please yourself
    That just didn't sound right.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    The Iphone has push email? Enterprise accounts?, PIN messaging? Same level of security? Oh I guess they are different.
    These are all excellent points. However, they generally only apply to corporate users.

For an average user that wants a phone to make calls, send text messages and check / receive e-mail, there are many non-smartphone devices which will suit their needs. The iPhone does not only these things, but offers a great browser, and an excellent media player.

The more I use the BB, the more I realize that they are geared toward enterprise use. A user looking for a personal device couldn't care less about enterprise accounts or the high levels of security. PIN messaging is nice, but not a reason to switch to a BB for most people. Same with push e-mail. Great for corporate use, but in general, people don't care if they get their e-mail instantly or in 5 minutes.

All I'm saying is that RIM has made the conscious decision to go corporate and stay there. BBs are awesome devices. But most people don't use their strongest features.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

TheJuggalo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    That just didn't sound right.
    oops should have proof read

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    im on the iphone 3g for awhile now. i also jailbroked and unlocked my iphone and all the things the iphone is missing can be fixed. If u jailbrake your iphone there are MMS applications for it and also copy and paste (beta for rit now). people complain about the phone but there is rly nothing to complain about it. No remobable battery? no problem apple made a battery pull simulator for the iphone when u press the home and power at the same time, this works when ever and no matter wat happens to your iphone.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    How do you unlock an iPhone 3G? Is there an application out or are you using the SIM?

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'm using AT&T but i hear rumor there is going to be an unlock for the 3G coming like...today

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Yep unlock is today, but just if you iphone is on baseband firmware 2.11.07 or earlier.

So if you have just bought a new iPhone 3G which had iPhone firmware 2.2 with the baseband 02.28.00 pre-installed or if you accidentally upgraded to iPhone firmware 2.2 without preserving the baseband using their latest Pwnage tools for firmware 2.2 as the Dev team had warned then you will need to wait until they find out a solution to unlock it.

I really enjoyed my Iphone 3G for 4 months, but with the hope that the background notifications will be a reality. I looked for any solution on push notifications as same as we look for OS betas. All day and night...

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I did 4 times

Quote Originally Posted by vzwtecgal View Post
    please give the storm another look. U won't regret it!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I played with 4 different storms and all of them were buggy/slow/unresponsive at times/lazy/
    did I mention slow.

I tried to do something as simple as looking in settings and trying to pick "about" to see the software version. It took 3 or 4 tries to actually push perhaps because of my large fingers. But really this phone should have not gone to market. Not like this. This just looks bad on us BB braggers.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
    You'd probably do well in the future to mention that you are stateing an opinion, not a fact.
    They are both smart-phones, but they are really not that different. They are both toys and tools, and in the end, they both pretty much do the same thing. You'd know that if you were less a Blackberry fanboy and more a device enthusiast.
    I actually agree with this statement. I too love new technology. I was drawn away from motorolas,lgs,samsungs,etc. to a blackberry pearl. I hated the phone the first couple of days but then fell in love with it. Video's,music,ringtones, and all could be downloaded for free. Cool apps,able to create themes, but what I really liked about the BB was the abiblity to put any OS version on it that I wanted.

Currently an 8830 user and was looking to upgrade to the storm. But the storm was the dealbreaker.
    I now am using an Iphone and love the slick/slippery/feel of how easy it is to use. I only stayed away from Iphone in the beginning because I thought it was a toy. Its both a toy and tool.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue95z View Post
    Can you find someone who does?

The iphone is a great toy. And that is all. When it comes down to it, besides both being smart-phones, they're very different. One is a toy, one is a tool.
    well i have seen some topics and posts on ANTI-Apple and ANTI-iPhone users that have picked up an APPLE device/product and hated it. But if your an APPLE person or Mac User, the interface is very user friendly and easy enough for anyone no matter how much experience you have with apple products to figure it out.

going on week 3 with the iPhone, had to de-activate the 8830 for the time being to save some money. but its alot of fun!
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

BenTrovato no está en línea Stack level 1
    Haha I just went iphone to bold. They're completely different devices, I would say comparing them is apples to oranges. The bold is much snappier and as a communications device is much more efficient. The iphone is very pretty and is more of a handheld gaming device. You gotta go with what works for you.

tabbycl no está en línea Stack level 1
    Both the iPhone and the BB are fine devices. I use my 8700g for eight e-mail accounts, but really prefer my wife's first gen iPhone for web browsing and YouTube. It is hard to beat the iPhone for multimedia and its interface usability, but I like to read my BB mail one-handed.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Maybe it is just me ( and I use the Curve) but I have a hard time understanding either side of this equation trying to convince the other that their side is the right side in terms of BB vs iphone. Each individual has to make the decision that is best for them. Unless you have personal stock in the success of either side why don't we just let every individual make their choice and be happy for them.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just joined the Dark Side 2 days ago and traded my Pearl for an iPhone. So far, I'm liking it a lot but it does have some weak points - the camera, no email alert (aside from a tone that can't be changed w/o a hack), no way to add custom Text alert tones (again, w/o a hack), no true sync with my Comcast email (deleting on phone does not delete on web). I can overlook these things since its far better in terms of internet browser capability and speed, and it has tons of free applications to add.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast