Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

hey all...i made the move....i did it. i (as of yesterday), made the switch from ... Apple iPhone forum

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry to Iphone...i did it. here's why

Advertisement

hey all...i made the move....i did it. i (as of yesterday), made the switch from my 8320 to the apple iphone. why? why oh why did i make the switch? in case anyone is interested...here's why

so ok, did i love my 8320? yes i did...let's talk about why i did. well, i was on tmobile...they support UMA, and the 8320 has wifi, so the fact that i had perfect reception, and connection to the tmobile network in my apartment (total dead zone) was great. i loved the form factor of the phone, the keyboard is great, and so easy to use and customize.

so why did i switch?

well, let's talk about why people (those who don't) may say the iphone is an inferior phone.

- no copy and paste

i gotta be honest here...i don't copy and paste very often..so losing this feature didn't bother me

- no MMS

ok, again, i don't really MMS. if i want to send you a picture, i'll email it to you, which is what i ended up doing most of the time on the 8320

- no push mail.

ok, this one kinda did get to me. i did like having gmail pushed to the BB whenever...but on the iphone, i can set it to fetch at time intervals...so that takes care of that for me

- bigger

yup...it is. and?

- no physical keyboard.

right...and i gotta say, i like that. some will have you believe that typing on the iphone keyboard is difficult, and odd...it was at first, but not even 24 hours having the phone, i am used to it already, and typing almost as fast as i was on the curve.

what my iphone has that my curve didn't

- great, great apps for the phone.

you just hit up that app store, and get tons of stuff, of which most of the cool stuff is free. the uses of this phone for the apps alone is worth it's weight in gold

- bigger, clearer screen

i LOVE the screen size...looks amazing

- built in ipod

that speaks for itself.

- visual voicemail

this feature is awesome...love it

so with that said, and not even 24 hours into owning the iphone, i am not regretting the switch, and i will not be back to the curve. i gave it to my wife (who bought me the iphone for xmas, and gave it to me early ) and she loves the curve, having a pearl before...so she's happy, and i am super happy. is the iphone for everyone? no...but is the curve? nope...it's all about what appeals to you, and the iphone does for sure. much more than the curve.
    Last edited by ryan7977; 12-17-2008 at 04:33 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey, glad you like it. Hope it works out for you.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Good luck with the Iphone, but I would also like you to know that there is an app called berry store, not as big as the apple's app store, but its improving, also Blackberry has a visual voicemail app that you can download.

Good luck again with your iphone, but feel free to come back to Blackberry anytime

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    Hope you enjoy the iphone!

Over here(London), I've heard people having alot of problems with them. The only thing I'm envious of the iphone for having that my BB doesn't is a dedicated Wordpress (blog) application. For me, I love my BB too much to switch...but I hope you love the iphone as much as you loved your BB!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Everyone has their preference.. I've been through at least 6 or 7 iPhones, always return to the BB.. it just does what I need it to do. Lovin my Bold.

Good luck with the iPhone, glad you found something you like.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good luck with the iphone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    To each his own, Ryan. Glad you're happy with the iPhone and hope you continue to be. We have to go with what we like and be happy that we can do just that. Good luck. Pay us a visit every once in a while to let us know how it goes.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    That's good, I've drooled at the iphone once or twice, but I've got tmo locked into an amazing contract and don't plan on switching, ever.

However, I'd like to see what you think of it in three months or so, you know, once the 'new' has worn off. Once you have milked the iphone for all that it can do. See if there is more to it that it can (or can't) do.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks

for the post

it was

mind numbing

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

vzwtecgal no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like the features on the iphone. Being a bb user most of the features u like about the iphone but all of those feats are available on the new bb storm and the keypad clicks so textin is easy! And it comes with visual vmail. Hope u enjoy it but if u miss the bb platform the Storm is just as good as the iphone if not way better!

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    another one bites the dust. i hope that people will eventually wake up from the apple brainwashing. i hate 99.9% of the hipster-your-only-cool-if-you-have-an-iphone crowd. that comment is not really directed at you ryan, you know about all the drawbacks and made a decision best for you. good luck with your simple minded phone. (another comment not directed at you ryan, just another opinion)

rich0370 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboticGolem View Post
    That's good, I've drooled at the iphone once or twice, but I've got tmo locked into an amazing contract and don't plan on switching, ever.

However, I'd like to see what you think of it in three months or so, you know, once the 'new' has worn off. Once you have milked the iphone for all that it can do. See if there is more to it that it can (or can't) do.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes...I agree, I would really like you to post somthing back on here in a few months to follow up and still tell us if you feel the same. I actually switched from an iPhone to my Blackberry Bold, and never looked back. Ive only had it for about a month, but I dont know if I could go without MMS and PIN messaging now, Blackberry may have grabbed a customer for life here! Good luck with the iPhone though, it is a great phone, I just prefer my Blackberry.

you know folks...i can see why you'd think after a few months i may change my mind. it could happen, you never know, but the way i see it is that i went into it knowing the drawbacks, and doing my homework on the phone. i've actually wanted an iphone since the start, but i wanted for the second gen. it's been a long time coming. i'm not leaving the boards, so maybe in a few months i'll post an update if anyone is interested.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan7977 View Post
    you know folks...i can see why you'd think after a few months i may change my mind. it could happen, you never know, but the way i see it is that i went into it knowing the drawbacks, and doing my homework on the phone. i've actually wanted an iphone since the start, but i wanted for the second gen. it's been a long time coming. i'm not leaving the boards, so maybe in a few months i'll post an update if anyone is interested.

hahah, I knew this was coming

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    hahah, I knew this was coming
    knew what was coming?

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast