Hey guys, I got a used iphone as a toy, basically to take to the ... Apple iPhone forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Blackberry Data with an Iphone.....

Advertisement

Hey guys, I got a used iphone as a toy, basically to take to the gym and things. It doesn't even compare to my curve.

However, I was wondering..... can I use my blackberry data plan with the iphone? The iphone is unlocked and the data is working fine on it right now, I just don't want any unknown charges.

It is my understanding that Blackberry data includes wap.cingular.com..... is this incorrect or do I need to set the iphone APN to another address?

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no u can not for awhile u were able to use the media net package but they put a stop to that u have to get a iphone package

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I'm not sure if they would know what kind of device is using the data. Pretty sure that TMO users using an iphone on TMO can use the data package from BBs. Obviously no BIS or anything, but pretty sure you can still access the internet with safari.

This is a complete hypothesis though.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I am accessing it fine, I just don't want any extra charges. This is a first gen iPhone. Again, data works percect, I just wonder if they will try to charge different even though I have unlimited bb data.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Oh, no they won't be able to tell what device is accessing it. You should be fine.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You should be fine.its the data network your just not going to have bis, look on your bill usage is all wap.cingular

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Noo

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Oh, no they won't be able to tell what device is accessing it. You should be fine.
    They should be able to tell which device is using data based on the IMEI.

But as far as T-Mobile is concerned. Data is data, it shouldn't matter what device is transmitting or receiving.