Anybody with an iphone looked into what it will take to put BBM on the ... Apple iPhone forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

BBM and the iphone question

Advertisement

Anybody with an iphone looked into what it will take to put BBM on the iphone? Daughter and son have iphones and I'm wondering how you get your BBM number for these phones. Might switch back to a blackberry since BBM doesn't look like it is heading to windows phones anytime soon. And it seems like if you can get one pin and then switch it to your new iphone as you upgrade that seems nicer then always changing your pin every time you upgrade your blackberry. #4407

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Haven't looked into the details of how it's going to recognize them. I truly don't believe that it will be device specific like BB was. You'll probably have to sign up for service and use an email address. That seems to be the simplist way. It might give you a PIN that's associated with your email so you could just give that out. Which would be cool here on PINstack.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    A different platform is a whole new ecosystem, there are many alternatives to BBM that you can try, I'll name a few, Line, web chat, what's app and my personal favorite ICQ.

the contact number is the phone number of the sim card, if you keep the same number then the contact number for these apps will never change.

Last edited by KTW; 09-01-2013 at 04:44 AM.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well if the pin is tied to an email I wonder could you use the same PIN on several phones? It would make it so much nicer then to have to change pins everytime you got a new phone. If it was tied to the SIM that would not be as nice but I guess we will see in time.