Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Like mentioned in previous posts, they are two completely different devices who's target groups are ... Apple iPhone forum

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Like mentioned in previous posts, they are two completely different devices who's target groups are also totally different. Sure that they are 2 phones but its like comparing a sports car with a SUV. Two very different kind of vehicles. Ultimately the consumer is the one who makes the choice depending on their needs.
    That's at least my thoughts on this issue. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    by now the Storm reviews are worst than the 3G issue of the iphone 3 months ago.

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Please make NO mistake: I'm NOT being critical of you.

I'm simply asking a few questions: What makes you qualified to judge the Storm when you haven't even seen one, or used one yet?

Have you ever owned an iPhone? Have you done a side by side comparison with the iPhone and Storm in your hands?

Don't get me wrong, you will notice that I am NOT saying the BlackBerry Storm is superior. I'm just wondering how you can be such an expert when you've no idea of what you are talking about?

I bought a Storm yesterday. I bought the very first iPhone. I currently have an iPhone 3G. Therefore I am now in a position to compare the iPhone and the Storm. And yet you do not see me proclaiming a winner. Or that one is clearly superior to the other.

I'm interested in your findings. I probably would have bought the storm if it was on AT&T. I truly love both platforms. Can you let me know?

And why is that? I have yet to have the Storm long enough to become fully aware of everything it has to offer. Once I have some experience with the Storm, then and only then will I offer my observations.

Respectfully I ask you to think before you speak. Coming across as an expert that judges one phone better than the other. When the phone you are putting down is not even out yet. That does not make you look very smart.

People here on the forum get upset when the reps in the stores give misleading info. And here you are doing the very same thing. You have no basis for your claims. Think about it...I do.

Cheers
    archer6

graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure if this has been posted here by anyone else earlier-
    another take on the comparison:

The Blackberry Storm - An iPhone 'Killer'?
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>

sfsdfwerfg no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    japan

hi im new here...wanna buy iphone

hi im new here...say hello to everyoneand i wanna buy a iphone...where can i get it?thanks...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsdfwerfg View Post
    hi im new here...say hello to everyoneand i wanna buy a iphone...where can i get it?thanks...
    hello
    at&t....or online....several other retailers that carry at&t phones
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    lol... also on ebay, bestbuy, amazon, local classified, etc. I sold 2 for $400 each in less than 5 minutes.

Rota no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by amcat View Post
    No multi touch on the Storm, right? That's a nice little feature on the iPhone but not a deal breaker by any means.
    The fact that the Storm does not have wifi is a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with my 3G iPhone and Curve.

priest_spy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A5F6DD
    From my own experience, media in storm is better than Iphone.

Unfortunately, touch screen in Storm is not as good as Iphone.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I guess we have to wait and see if newer BBs improve on what's lacking. Still have some areas that could improve. I'm confident that better BBs will come out soon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by priest_spy View Post
    Unfortunately, touch screen in Storm is not as good as Iphone.
    I disagree.

I believe the fact that these are two different touch screen technologies, causes people to make a snap decision and think less of the Storm than the iPhone.

Here is why:

The iPhone has a very simple "one touch" conventional type input method. One simply touches a "button" on the screen and the input is registered. No learning curve, it's just capacitive technology.

The Storm has SurePress technology in which one actually presses in on the screen, and experiences a tactile sensation as though they actually pressed a button. This takes a short while to become acclimated to, and to feel comfortable with. However once one adapts, SurePress has many benefits. Some that haven't even been experienced yet.

Therefore in a world of instant gratification, the iPhone is simple and there is nothing to learn. As a result people automatically judge it as the best, when they have not given the Storm an opportunity to show off it's superior, more accurate input method. I would liken it to the first reactions that people had when trying out SureType, a brilliant input method that RIM created to reduce the size of the keyboard while retaining full functionality. Over a short period of time, it will become apparent how valuable and clever SurePress is and the picture will change. There will be demand for the Storm based on that technology and it's superior benefits, as compared to the iPhone.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    The iphone hands down! Specifically a Jailbroken Iphone because NO blackberry will compare to it afterwards.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sure the Iphone is a better phone. The OS is almost flawless as I use my phone to the fullest every day. Phone,Ipod,internet,games,youtube,

The only thing it lacks is flash.

I use an 8100 for 2 years, 8830 for 1 1/2 years, curve for a month, played with the storm which was the worst phone ever created. Sure looks pretty but takes you too long to do anything on the phone.

So the Iphone is my vote.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I disagree.

I believe the fact that these are two different touch screen technologies, causes people to make a snap decision and think less of the Storm than the iPhone.

Here is why:

The iPhone has a very simple "one touch" conventional type input method. One simply touches a "button" on the screen and the input is registered. No learning curve, it's just capacitive technology.

The Storm has SurePress technology in which one actually presses in on the screen, and experiences a tactile sensation as though they actually pressed a button. This takes a short while to become acclimated to, and to feel comfortable with. However once one adapts, SurePress has many benefits. Some that haven't even been experienced yet.

Therefore in a world of instant gratification, the iPhone is simple and there is nothing to learn. As a result people automatically judge it as the best, when they have not given the Storm an opportunity to show off it's superior, more accurate input method. I would liken it to the first reactions that people had when trying out SureType, a brilliant input method that RIM created to reduce the size of the keyboard while retaining full functionality. Over a short period of time, it will become apparent how valuable and clever SurePress is and the picture will change. There will be demand for the Storm based on that technology and it's superior benefits, as compared to the iPhone.
    Great post.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why do we have to have a competition between the two platforms (RIM v Apple)? Cannot phones on both platforms be GREAT phones? This is a personal choice issue and no one's opinion is wrong...but they are just that...personal opinions.

The constant penis measuring that goes on here with each side claiming superiority over the other is absurd. If you think the iphone is the better phone for you then great. If you think a BB (whether it is a Bold, a Storm or another type) is the better phone for you then great as well. There is simply no need for everyone to keep sticking their chest out while screaming out how much better their phone is as a matter of fact and not opinion. I have used them both and I like them both. I do not find that either is superior than the other in all aspects. I see pros and cons to both phones for my usage.

It sure would be nice if everyone could play together in the sandbox without dropping trou and leaving a present for everyone else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast