Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Like mentioned in previous posts, they are two completely different devices who's target groups are ... Apple iPhone forum

  1. #31
    Mr_Carter's Avatar
    Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,388

    Advertisement



    Like mentioned in previous posts, they are two completely different devices who's target groups are also totally different. Sure that they are 2 phones but its like comparing a sports car with a SUV. Two very different kind of vehicles. Ultimately the consumer is the one who makes the choice depending on their needs.
    That's at least my thoughts on this issue. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  2. #32
    xattica's Avatar
    xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Posts
    339
    by now the Storm reviews are worst than the 3G issue of the iphone 3 months ago.

  3. #33
    bjenkins17's Avatar
    bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Please make NO mistake: I'm NOT being critical of you.

    I'm simply asking a few questions: What makes you qualified to judge the Storm when you haven't even seen one, or used one yet?

    Have you ever owned an iPhone? Have you done a side by side comparison with the iPhone and Storm in your hands?

    Don't get me wrong, you will notice that I am NOT saying the BlackBerry Storm is superior. I'm just wondering how you can be such an expert when you've no idea of what you are talking about?

    I bought a Storm yesterday. I bought the very first iPhone. I currently have an iPhone 3G. Therefore I am now in a position to compare the iPhone and the Storm. And yet you do not see me proclaiming a winner. Or that one is clearly superior to the other.


    I'm interested in your findings. I probably would have bought the storm if it was on AT&T. I truly love both platforms. Can you let me know?

    And why is that? I have yet to have the Storm long enough to become fully aware of everything it has to offer. Once I have some experience with the Storm, then and only then will I offer my observations.

    Respectfully I ask you to think before you speak. Coming across as an expert that judges one phone better than the other. When the phone you are putting down is not even out yet. That does not make you look very smart.

    People here on the forum get upset when the reps in the stores give misleading info. And here you are doing the very same thing. You have no basis for your claims. Think about it...I do.

    Cheers
    archer6

  4. #34
    graphreak's Avatar
    graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    164
    Not sure if this has been posted here by anyone else earlier-
    another take on the comparison:

    The Blackberry Storm - An iPhone 'Killer'?
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>

  5. #35
    sfsdfwerfg's Avatar
    sfsdfwerfg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    PIN/ID
    japan
    Posts
    1

    hi im new here...wanna buy iphone

    hi im new here...say hello to everyoneand i wanna buy a iphone...where can i get it?thanks...

  6. #36
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsdfwerfg View Post
    hi im new here...say hello to everyoneand i wanna buy a iphone...where can i get it?thanks...
    hello
    at&t....or online....several other retailers that carry at&t phones
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  7. #37
    xattica's Avatar
    xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Posts
    339
    lol... also on ebay, bestbuy, amazon, local classified, etc. I sold 2 for $400 each in less than 5 minutes.

  8. #38
    Rota's Avatar
    Rota no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by amcat View Post
    No multi touch on the Storm, right? That's a nice little feature on the iPhone but not a deal breaker by any means.
    The fact that the Storm does not have wifi is a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with my 3G iPhone and Curve.

  9. #39
    priest_spy's Avatar
    priest_spy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A5F6DD
    Posts
    26
    From my own experience, media in storm is better than Iphone.

    Unfortunately, touch screen in Storm is not as good as Iphone.

  10. #40
    Mr_Carter's Avatar
    Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,388
    I guess we have to wait and see if newer BBs improve on what's lacking. Still have some areas that could improve. I'm confident that better BBs will come out soon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #41
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by priest_spy View Post
    Unfortunately, touch screen in Storm is not as good as Iphone.
    I disagree.

    I believe the fact that these are two different touch screen technologies, causes people to make a snap decision and think less of the Storm than the iPhone.

    Here is why:

    The iPhone has a very simple "one touch" conventional type input method. One simply touches a "button" on the screen and the input is registered. No learning curve, it's just capacitive technology.

    The Storm has SurePress technology in which one actually presses in on the screen, and experiences a tactile sensation as though they actually pressed a button. This takes a short while to become acclimated to, and to feel comfortable with. However once one adapts, SurePress has many benefits. Some that haven't even been experienced yet.

    Therefore in a world of instant gratification, the iPhone is simple and there is nothing to learn. As a result people automatically judge it as the best, when they have not given the Storm an opportunity to show off it's superior, more accurate input method. I would liken it to the first reactions that people had when trying out SureType, a brilliant input method that RIM created to reduce the size of the keyboard while retaining full functionality. Over a short period of time, it will become apparent how valuable and clever SurePress is and the picture will change. There will be demand for the Storm based on that technology and it's superior benefits, as compared to the iPhone.


  12. #42
    pinpoint's Avatar
    pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Posts
    625
    The iphone hands down! Specifically a Jailbroken Iphone because NO blackberry will compare to it afterwards.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

  13. #43
    jpl572103's Avatar
    jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    251
    Sure the Iphone is a better phone. The OS is almost flawless as I use my phone to the fullest every day. Phone,Ipod,internet,games,youtube,

    The only thing it lacks is flash.

    I use an 8100 for 2 years, 8830 for 1 1/2 years, curve for a month, played with the storm which was the worst phone ever created. Sure looks pretty but takes you too long to do anything on the phone.

    So the Iphone is my vote.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I disagree.

    I believe the fact that these are two different touch screen technologies, causes people to make a snap decision and think less of the Storm than the iPhone.

    Here is why:

    The iPhone has a very simple "one touch" conventional type input method. One simply touches a "button" on the screen and the input is registered. No learning curve, it's just capacitive technology.

    The Storm has SurePress technology in which one actually presses in on the screen, and experiences a tactile sensation as though they actually pressed a button. This takes a short while to become acclimated to, and to feel comfortable with. However once one adapts, SurePress has many benefits. Some that haven't even been experienced yet.

    Therefore in a world of instant gratification, the iPhone is simple and there is nothing to learn. As a result people automatically judge it as the best, when they have not given the Storm an opportunity to show off it's superior, more accurate input method. I would liken it to the first reactions that people had when trying out SureType, a brilliant input method that RIM created to reduce the size of the keyboard while retaining full functionality. Over a short period of time, it will become apparent how valuable and clever SurePress is and the picture will change. There will be demand for the Storm based on that technology and it's superior benefits, as compared to the iPhone.
    Great post.

  15. #45
    TheRiddler's Avatar
    TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,450
    Why do we have to have a competition between the two platforms (RIM v Apple)? Cannot phones on both platforms be GREAT phones? This is a personal choice issue and no one's opinion is wrong...but they are just that...personal opinions.

    The constant penis measuring that goes on here with each side claiming superiority over the other is absurd. If you think the iphone is the better phone for you then great. If you think a BB (whether it is a Bold, a Storm or another type) is the better phone for you then great as well. There is simply no need for everyone to keep sticking their chest out while screaming out how much better their phone is as a matter of fact and not opinion. I have used them both and I like them both. I do not find that either is superior than the other in all aspects. I see pros and cons to both phones for my usage.

    It sure would be nice if everyone could play together in the sandbox without dropping trou and leaving a present for everyone else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •